Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

I got matched an MIC SR+ as well. The girl on the phone obviously wasn't aware of any shipment from China until I asked her to explicitly check the VIN.
    My Tesla account portal hasn't been updated either. You just have to call them to confirm.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

And how did you find out? I'm on my account here but no sign of a VIN :(

I used the online chat function on the website and asked ☺️ they all seem to be China.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Slaanesh wrote: »
    I used the online chat function on the website and asked ☺️ they all seem to be China.

Think I’m going mad but I can’t find any chat option on the site. Whereabouts would one find it :)

Think I’m going mad but I can’t find any chat option on the site. Whereabouts would one find it :)

A little chat bubble appeared on the inventory page for me. It probably only appears during business hours I reckon.

Just got matched to a MIC LR Model 3. Thanks to everyone here for the heads up

• Advertisement

Just got matched to a MIC LR Model 3. Thanks to everyone here for the heads up

Woohoo, chat or email?

Woohoo, chat or email?

Email to DeliveryIE@tesla.com

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

Woohoo, chat or email?

How do you know if it's MIC?

Dozz wrote: »
    How do you know if it's MIC?

LRW at the start of the VIN

LRW at the start of the VIN

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Did you email asking or did they just email you ?
    Thought they were finished for the day . I'm waiting to be matched

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

So an update on the MIC VINs - Looks like this is our boat! GLOVIS CENTURY. Left Shanghai on the 20th of Jan. Next step is Singapore on the 26th of Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

J-W wrote: »
    Did you email asking it did they just email you ?

I emailed and did the support chat.

Email said I was matched.
    Support Chat gave me the VIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

I see a load of inventory went up can I assume if you ordered one you would also get it in feb

I see a load of inventory went up can I assume if you ordered one you would also get it in feb

Weirdly all the inventory has a location of London, even though on Irish website with Euro prices.

Did you email asking or did they just email you ?

I emailed asking

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Weirdly all the inventory has a location of London, even though on Irish website with Euro prices.

Standard fare with inventory cars that are en route..... they’ll most likely also be for sale on the U.K. store.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Standard fare with inventory cars that are en route..... they’ll most likely also be for sale on the U.K. store.

Thanks Andy - I’ll ring Sandyford and ask them but prob won’t even be aware they are there

Anyone have concerns with the LFP battery pack supplied in the MIC Model 3's?

No. It you were a salesperson or travel a lot for business it would be a negative as I believe it DC charges slower

• Advertisement

No. It you were a salesperson or travel a lot for business it would be a negative as I believe it DC charges slower

Just reading a few articles about it. Slow charging, huge range reduction in cold weather (compared to the other battery pack) and inability to be charged to 100% even though it's recommended with these batteries.

Anyone have concerns with the LFP battery pack supplied in the MIC Model 3's?

I probably would have concerns but there are only a handful of reports of slow DC charging and issues in the cold. Probably fine here in Ireland. I'm getting the LR which I don't think is LFP but is slightly larger again, 82kWh?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mundogas

I probably would have concerns but there are only a handful of reports of slow DC charging and issues in the cold. Probably fine here in Ireland. I'm getting the LR which I don't think is LFP but is slightly larger again, 82kWh?

Not sure about this either as I believe it will be an LG battery and slightly lower capacity than the US LR model with the Panasonic battery. And from whats been shown its also charges slower than the Panasonic battery. This may change in time with software updates etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Emailed them and they said I've been VIN matched. Next vessel end of February.

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Emailed them and they said I've been VIN matched. Next vessel end of February.

Same . Email yesterday ( outside business hours) .They emailed me there just before 10 saying I'd been matched.

Here we go boys

LFP only used in MIC SR+. Long Range still using the Panasonic NCA, same as the Fremont built ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

The stock on the website, I wonder is that available for accelerated delivery or if they're also on the vessel in February?

Aph2016 wrote: »
    The stock on the website, I wonder is that available for accelerated delivery or if they're also on the vessel in February?

I was told they are on the same vessel:

“ Anything you see on our website are just vehicles which are on the same vessel but haven’t been matched yet”

Unfortunately I'm not linked with any car yet (SR+) and they can't tell me if the cars will be from Freemont or Shanghai....

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I'm not linked with any car yet (SR+) and they can't tell me if the cars will be from Freemont or Shanghai....

That sucks. Anything specific speced that might be holding it up ?
    Could you just click buy on one of the inventory cars ?

Advertisement