Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

J-W wrote: »
    That sucks. Anything specific speced that might be holding it up ?
    Could you just click buy on one of the inventory cars ?
    No just the SR+ in grey with black interior.
    I see one in the inventory but might hold out until Monday and call Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Dozz wrote: »
    Unfortunately I'm not linked with any car yet (SR+) and they can't tell me if the cars will be from Freemont or Shanghai....

You try emailing deliveryIE@tesla.com? I’d no joy on phone or chat, but once I emailed them they gave me a VIN.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Unfortunately I'm not linked with any car yet (SR+) and they can't tell me if the cars will be from Freemont or Shanghai....

Is there an inventory car on the site that matches the spec you ordered? EDIT: I see that there is... hound them, and tell them you want to be matched to it.

If so, email them and tell them to match you to it.... that's basically how I got mine, and ahead of schedule too...

Is there an inventory car on the site that matches the spec you ordered? EDIT: I see that there is... hound them, and tell them you want to be matched to it.

If so, email them and tell them to match you to it.... that's basically how I got mine, and ahead of schedule too...

Have emailed them there now too see what's the story?
    Thanks

Reply from Tesla below.

"So the vehicles on our inventory list are all cars on the next vessel (we are still currently in the midst of our matching process so your order should be matched shortly).

We unfortunately do not have any cars available any sooner than when the next vessel arrives"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

You try emailing deliveryIE@tesla.com? I’d no joy on phone or chat, but once I emailed them they gave me a VIN.

Did you actually get sent a VIN or just told you were matched?

Edit, just received it by email.

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Did you actually get sent a VIN or just told you were matched?

Edit, just received it by email.

Yep got sent it via email.

Glad you got sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rubber_ducky

Thanks for all feedback!

Kramer...if you get any more info, thanks in advance. Good idea about camping out at Birdhill. Might do that this weekend.

Parked up at the Birdhill services today for longer than I'd like to admit :-p. Unfortunately no Tesla's other than a (not blue/red) MS that was charging when I got there. Might head back there tomorrow for a bit but with how quiet it was in general out there today I'm not optimistic

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bobjs

Ordered through fleet company back in early Nov - no VIN and they maintain delivery will be the first week of February? Rang Tesla and they can’t say when delivery is, MIC or Freemont or when I’ll be matched. Frustrating!

Bobjs wrote: »
    Ordered through fleet company back in early Nov - no VIN and they maintain delivery will be the first week of February? Rang Tesla and they can’t say when delivery is, MIC or Freemont or when I’ll be matched. Frustrating!

Similar story. Was talking to Tesla today. No VIN however they said that their current cars are from Freemont however what I am matched too could be MIC. Not sure about the MIC on considering the slower charging issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Bobjs

Similar story. Was talking to Tesla today. No VIN however they said that their current cars are from Freemont however what I am matched too could be MIC. Not sure about the MIC on considering the slower charging issues.
    Although MIC is quoting a better range?

Bobjs wrote: »
    Although MIC is quoting a better range?
    Yes but not much and the LFP batteries don't like cold weather which happens quite a lot here. It's an unproven battery in the car and heavier

LFP batteries don't like cold weather which happens quite a lot here.

Yeah but it doesn’t really in fairness..

There are far far more colder climates in many many other countries than we get in Ireland...

We are a mild climate.

Yes but not much and the LFP batteries don't like cold weather which happens quite a lot here. It's an unproven battery in the car and heavier

No Li battery likes the cold, that's just the way it is until hopefully the Lithium Air battery comes out, I don't think these will suffer as much if at all.

Do you have any of the apps so you can monitor battery temp, charging power etc ?

Yeah but it doesn’t really in fairness..

There are far far more colder climates in many many other countries than we get in Ireland...

We are a mild climate.

Absolutely but most of the right hand drive market that China will supply have warmer climates than us.
    I don't know to be honest. Very uncertain about it all

No Li battery likes the cold, that's just the way it is until hopefully the Lithium Air battery comes out, I don't think these will suffer as much if at all.

Do you have any of the apps so you can monitor battery temp, charging power etc ?

Yes. It's just that Tesla has years of info on the Li batteries and therefore it has a proven track record. Not sure on this battery pack.
    I wish I never started to research the car at all to be honest......
    Do most ev's use Li batteries now a days?

Yes. It's just that Tesla has years of info on the Li batteries and therefore it has a proven track record. Not sure on this battery pack.
    I wish I never started to research the car at all to be honest......
    Do most ev's use Li batteries now a days?

LFP only in the SR+ so only worth thinking about if you’re getting that model. LR and P still using NCA for now

LFP only in the SR+ so only worth thinking about if you’re getting that model. LR and P still using NCA for now

Thanks Wayne. Yes that's the model I'm getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

I'm getting the SR+ and honestly, I'm not worried. Yes, we know there are issues when temperatures are around -5c downwards. Realistically we only tend to have that type of weather in Ireland for maybe a couple of weeks.

What that means for me. Well, my range will be reduced if I don't precondition the battery before I need to leave. This is fine for the 10km shop run or heading around town. The battery is said to perform well in temperatures above 10c. That should be fine for Ireland! Just my 2c!

I'm getting the SR+ and honestly, I'm not worried. Yes, we know there are issues when temperatures are around -5c downwards. Realistically we only tend to have that type of weather in Ireland for maybe a couple of weeks.

What that means for me. Well, my range will be reduced if I don't precondition the battery before I need to leave. This is fine for the 10km shop run or heading around town. The battery is said to perform well in temperatures above 10c. That should be fine for Ireland! Just my 2c!

Thanks for that. I'm open to hearing anyone's opinion on it.
    Still haven't been matched to a car so I mightn't have to worry about batteries at all.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Thanks for that. I'm open to hearing anyone's opinion on it.
    Still haven't been matched to a car so I mightn't have to worry about batteries at all.....

Hi Dozz is the delay because it was ordered as a company/fleet car?

Hi Dozz is the delay because it was ordered as a company/fleet car?

Nope. Private purchase

Yeah I wouldn't be worrying about batteries in an SR+, regardless of what type of battery it is...

I drive an SR+ (409km WLTP), and haven't had a range issue once. In 20,000+ km's I've DC charged around 8-9 times (3 times it was needed, the other times it was because it was either free or a nice to have the extra range, but didn't need it).

In Ireland, we might have temperatures where it could mildly affect battery performance for maybe 10-15 days a year.... the result? you might need an extra few minutes DC charging if you happen to be doing a long journey that day...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,937 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yeah I wouldn't be worrying about batteries in an SR+, regardless of what type of battery it is...

I drive an SR+ (409km WLTP), and haven't had a range issue once. In 20,000+ km's I've DC charged around 8-9 times (3 times it was needed, the other times it was because it was either free or a nice to have the extra range, but didn't need it).

In Ireland, we might have temperatures where it could mildly affect battery performance for maybe 10-15 days a year.... the result? you might need an extra few minutes DC charging if you happen to be doing a long journey that day...
    Fair points and I agree, but yours is not the made in china variant.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Fair points and I agree, but yours is not the made in china variant.

I suppose its my first electric car and I don't want to end up with a lemon. Hopefully it's a non issue but would be so much simpler if it was the normal batteries

I suppose its my first electric car and I don't want to end up with a lemon. Hopefully it's a non issue but would be so much simpler if it was the normal batteries

8 year battery warranty, if it's a lemon, and doesn't do what it's expected to do for 8 years, get a new one fitted free of charge...

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Nope. Private purchase

Why in your case? I was told any inventory i see is available to collect end of month. I’d hound them

8 year battery warranty, if it's a lemon, and doesn't do what it's expected to do for 8 years, get a new one fitted free of charge...

Thanks Andy.
    No offence but it's not as simple as that as Tesla have to verify that the battery hasn't performed to their standards.
    Also chances are I won't have the car that long so I would like to know it's residual value will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

This .... There is nothing to worry about, its really not an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

my biggest issue would be the reported cost savings to Tesla is not being reflected in the current Irish price

Advertisement