Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Yeah, it seems my pricing is off. Can get new for 37k in France. So a 2021 LFP for 5.99?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

Similar dilemma, I had an original MSM 3LR from January, went for the 3LR Red 19" during the "fire sale" subsequently got Kelly'ed. Put deposit on M3 LR red early this morning before caffeine had kicked in. The red was coming in at €215 euro cheaper before the MSM got reduced further. Can't stomach €3200+ in the difference given the way prices are dropping, so have just cancelled the red LR which should be heading back into inventory. Beautiful car but just too much of a stretch with the reduction of the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I was wondering why you were around at 4.33am....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭josip

Are you sure bf? Will your back be up to the harsher ride? Reduced range? And in iPhone white of all colours?

Just to be able to get to 100 in 3.4s every once in a while?

Worth it?

😀

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yeah so much for holidays when I still wake up at 6am local…….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Yeah White M3P is probably the way to go at €53,940.

Only thing is do we think one will be on the next couple of ships. I guess worst case you'd still get the partial grant of €3,500 in July.

The man maths are going overtime in my head at the moment for the 60k M3P in black still though even though it just misses the grant

It's not that long ago that I ordered a Blue / Black MY RWD at €54,263 (last October) after they dropped from €65k!

They do look good in red for sure.

I can understand sticking with the MSM with the reduction.

I saw lewis motors had a 222 M3 LR in MSM with 19's and white interior at €55k that I was half thinking about looking at before this morning.

All dealers will surely think twice about taking Tesla's in the future with all the volatility at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭creedp

Thats the way prices are shaping up currently, although I'd be very slow to pay close to €35k for a 3 year old sr+ when a brand new one can be had for just north of €40k. The way Tesla are going with prices reductions and a refreshed model on the way, I'd be thinking used prices should fall a bit further towards the end of year or start of 2024.

Am I correct in thinking the M3 LFP batteries only became available late 2021?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd say you'll be looking at between €35,000 and €37,500 for a base Model 3 in the next 12 to 18 months with the way things are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

As an M3P owner for 2 years now I can tell you it never gets boring when you bury your right foot into the carpet.

• Advertisement

I spent the guts of a full day out in Sandyford last year getting a few jobs done so took an M3P out for a spin……….

I felt queasy afterwards….. The acceleration was just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

I’ll be smiling as my teeth rattle & my back discs are popping 😂

What's the insurance like on them? That kind of performance on an ICE would be almost impossible to insure. Hard enough to insure a 'big' 2L diesel lump with the mad torque😅

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Went up this year to over €500. I went into AXA and the lady brought it down to €440. Only €100 more than my van (3rd party fire and theft).

Thats very reasonable. I pay similar for a 2017 180bhp 2L diesel. Can't really understand how insurance companies have managed to get away with loading premiums for 'big' engines for so many years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭sk8board

mad that we’re predicted a price drop yesterday (or pause production, which wont happen according to his lordship).

inventory popped straight up instantly in April, after the end of Q1 delivery push, just like it did in early January, and right on queue there’s a price cut, to make Q2 analyst expectations and prop up the share price (remember that musk is a CEO and has fiduciary duty to shareholders, not existing Tesla owners).

Tesla have an obvious demand problem, not a supply problem - and now we all expect price cuts when inventory becomes unsustainable

European inventory, by day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭sk8board

I tracked this in the thread back in Jan pre and post price drop.

jan 13: 46 listings on carzone and cheapest was €42k

jan 31: 72 listings, about 25 lower than €42k and cheapest was €32.5k

i have a good friend that swapped to a Y and sold a 201 SR+ with v low miles for €31k privately, so I think the market will be €30k now if that’s what you’re after, you just have to be quick

Apparently the M3 P suspension has been softened off since the 2021 facelift.

Bjorn speaks about it in the below video;

He also discusses M3P vs M3 LR too..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

And to add to this, I’ve ordered 2 M3’s in the last 2 years. RWD’s. And 2 MY’s. And I’ve cancelled each one (one was a fire sale) as when it came down to it, I couldn’t give up the P.

Yes I’d like the newer version (mine is 2020), but I’m not prepared to pay for it as the current car does so much so well!

Agree, to get the same level of performance you need something expensive. I was paying 400 for the M3P the last 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Gumbo. How would you describe/compare the M3LR and M3P suspension in terms of stiffness/comfort? Thanks.

Unfortunately I havent drove the MY with the updated suspension.

Check out Bjorns video I linked above. He compares both.

I'm asking on here, as the Model Y is probably too new to be asking on that thread, so do you M3 owners find that the Autopilot keeps you a bit too much to the left of the lane. Is there a way to "teach" the car to stay where you would like it to be. I just find it a bit too uncomfortable when it's passing traffic on the left. Now I'm well used to driving a much larger vehicle, but it definitely pulls to the left when I engage it and it's a bit unnerving tbh. Any thoughts??

(Love the Rainbow 🌈 Road and the Cowbells though)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

I know what you mean as I felt the same especially when passing big trucks. I think it's more of a perception thing. I was and still am a central line hugger and have always used that as my reference point when driving. This means that I'm much further to the right in my road position. When I engage AP it "pulls" me to the left but I've consciously beeb check where the car is in relation to both lines and find it's bang on in the middle. Even on N roads it's pretty accurate. There is no way to change this position with AP so I've just gotten used to it. Have a look in the side mirrors next time you engage AP and you'll probably find the same.

Oh it's definitely bang in the middle alright, and it's a fantastic system, but 6 inches to the right would make all the difference. Maybe it's just a case of getting used to it. The passenger door is so far away, it feels like I'm driving a bus, and I need to have that much room.

For the first year I’d never use AutoSteer when in the overtaking lane as I felt it was always keeping me to the left of the lane and as you say it was a lit uncomfortable passing larger vehicles when almost hugging to the left of the driving lane, but then an update came out which ventured the car a lot more in the lane and it feels much batter and safer now when overtaking…. That was about 2 years ago and I’ve generally not had a problem with it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

I wish there was the option of changing your position in lane.

I like to use the autopilot on single lane N roads, would prefer the car stayed nearer the left line..

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

No way. Refresh is coming so they want to push the sales for old model. New model cannot be 35K.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jams100

Can anyone explain why the 19" sports wheels work out as an extra 2,344 for the standard Model 3 (Total price for the car with alloys 43,074...same car without alloys is 40,332).

But

The same 19" sports wheel for the Long range work out as an extra 1,778 (Total price for the car with alloys = 51,514...same car without alloys 49,736).

Thanks.

Advertisement