Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Went off again. Windows are up.

All that changed was a cuddly toy stuffed under back winow by one of my girls...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Heinz57

I'm the Boardsie who picked up the blue M3 1 digit away from yours 😀

That means there's 3 in Westmeath!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

@deadl0ck Dunno. If it continues try turning off the interior ultrasonic sensors, may just be a fly or something..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I've seen on here people having trouble with a fly. Open all the windows for a few minutes then lock it up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Stop it. I've had the car a year and knew you could send a destination from Google maps by sharing on the phone with Tesla, thinking I was all tech wizardy - I never knew about sharing the whole route with multiple stops. Love it.

I'll be using that a bit over the summer, I reckon. Thanks.

• Advertisement

So I rang support and they checked it and it was logged as an handle pull on the door each time.

So he got me to reboot everything and power off the car also.

I also need to update the software.

He logged it and sent me an email and said to reply to the email if it happened again and he'd escalate it

Just went off again. I just replied to the email now and turned off auto lock so it doesnt happen again overnight (I'm in the middle of nowhere so it's no big deal).

FFS. I cant go anywhere until it's fixed as the alarm could go off once I park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

I think that's actually a recent update. You can plan a route in the Tesla app now also. Go into location and you can see there.

Ah. I can turn the alarm off. That's something at least, but very annoying start to my ownership 🙁

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Fly in the car?

Edit. I see it’s bigger than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Wait until you see a grey steering wheel symbol on the top of screen and double tap down on the right stalk. You'll hear autopilot chime and the lines on the road turn from grey to blue along with the steering wheel symbol.

I use it for most of my driving. You need to have slight turning pressure on the wheel or it will disengage after 15 or 20 seconds.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KrustyBurger

Thanks for that. So many things I explore. My neighbour tested out the boombox and light show this evening, great craic!

I was on the M50 not 20 minutes ago and saw a minimum 3 vehicle accident being tended to by the emergency services between J4 and 5 Southbound. There was a MSM Model 3 against the central median with damage to the front and rear. Looks to me like it was hit by the van behind it, but who knows? I hope everyone is OK.

Traffic backed up to the Malahide Road and moving slowly.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭sk8board

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

Could anyone recommend a set of 18" alloy covers for the model 3? It would be good to have the logo also on them. I don't mind waiting a while for delivery either.

So they are now thinking it could have been a fly as opposed to a door handle (?) - I've turned off intruder/tilt detection and it's not happened again and I did find a little dead beetle dude in the back seat..

"I was mistaken, it wasn't a the handle that triggered it but can you confirm that Tilt/Intrusion is on under Controls > Safety

Kind Regards

Alan

Tesla Support, EMEA"

I confirmed that they tilt/intrusion was on but they have not come back to me since...

Yep. Seems so but I'd like to know why the guy said it was the handle... Makes me suspicious.

I've intruder tilt off anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bod71

I’ve had this happen to me the last 2 nights, both between 12- 1am, no sign of any insects, had an update this morning, so hopefully that will sort it .

• Advertisement

Guys, especially the newbies.

Always throw a quick look at your settings after updates. Some times things get turned off etc

My sentry was off after the recent update to 20.4.1.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I’d also suggest always re-levelling the headlights after any update, especially if you perform the update when the car is not parked on level ground (like my driveway)…

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dunnea1234

Where's all the inventory on the site? Apart from 2 demos, there's nothing there all week

Managed to get a full coat of Collinite 845 on this evening, should do me for another three months or so. 15 months old, 22k kms, paintwork appears excellent. Not one chip as yet, touch wood.. ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Great stuff that Collinite 845. Small bit goes a long way which makes it very cheap, easy to apply by hand if don’t have a polisher and gives a great finish too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,925 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I washed the car with turtle wax zip wax over the weekend and it came out excellent. Was needed, lack of rain was taking its toll.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Yes very easy to apply and buff off. And doesn't matter if comes in contact with plastics, no whitening like waxes of old. Love the water beading..

Also got my first snow foamer the other day, one that attaches to a standard hose. Never bothered with one before, but makes car easy to wash in one go when not too dirty.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You’ll find future washes will be much easier now, especially the towel drying at the end as the wax will push final rinse off the car

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

I see a chip on my passenger door already down to the white :/

Any recommendations for touch up kits ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Tesla do a kit for this. I need to look into something for my blue Model Y, but it only seems to be available in white. I have 2 stone chips on the bonnet 🤕

Advertisement