Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I had been looking at this crowd: https://chipex.eu/pages/manufacturer-tesla

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

I've been getting flashes again from oncoming drivers and I suspect the headlights have raised a little, perhaps losing the clicks the ranger put on them after adjusting post-fog light installation. Do you recommend the autolevel function when facing a vertical wall on a flat surface or do you go through the full process of taping the height of the lights at present on the wall, taping where they should be, and adjusting with clicks for each side?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭TMY

Another one to check out, got some touch-up paint from them before.

Anybody using any 3rd party app for the Tesla that are worth getting ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’m not. But I would consider the Apple Watch app. Only they put the price up from like a fiver to over €20.

Indont want it that much 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭talla

I use Tessie, available on IOS/ Android / Apple Wtach / Wear OS and desktop browser. Barely use the native Tesla IOS app anymore.

Happy to answer any specific questions if you have any.

Its not cheap (€5per month but I belive there are yearly & once off plans), developer offers great support and engagement through thread on the Tesla Motors Forum

Ok. Thanks. I'll take a look at Tessie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,925 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭talla

The main difference is the detailed data available e.g. for each drive / charging session.

All the features in the Tesla app are also present.

Its very similar to Teslafi in that aspect but the dedicated mobile apps for Tessie give it an advantage IMO.

If the access to data is of no interest to you, then there is no advantage over the Tesla app.

Some screenshots below of desktop version in Tessie:

Post edited by talla on

I was about to ask the same question - can anyone answer it ?

• Advertisement

I found that there seems to be wax or something on the windscreen which leaves a film in rain for about 1/2 second after each wipe - I'd say it would be really annoying at night it it was raining

You can kinda see here where the view almost looks "misty" and where the drop of rain hit the screen it's clear and the green of the tree is much clearer

What's the best way to clean the glass ? Glass polish ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

The dipped lights on my Model 3 are very poor. When I am not blinding people on a bend, then the beam is too low to see anything in front of you. Mine has been checked by Tesla and set up on their marked wall at Sandyford, but was worse after they did that. They say the lights may need to be refocused and they will need car for whole day. Will get around to it someday before the longer nights..

(actually days will be getting shorter from tomorrow)..😋

Is there a decent/trustworthy guide somewhere to doing the light levelling yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Heinz57

I have used mild car polish (Autoglym) before to clean windscreen glass, and it worked OK. These days I use autoglym Fastglass cleaner first, then the Autoglym glass polish.

I'm hoping to do it this weekend, as I too am getting a kind of misting on the screen when it's raining.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

theres a few videos on YouTube that show how to do it up against a wall, but for me, I just auto level them when parked in my local Tesco (assuming the ground is reasonably level). I used to do it manually by adjusting each side up or down as required, but was doing it while reversed up my driveway at a slight incline, so I was still noticing them high and getting flashed regularly.. so now I find the best way is just park on a level surface, and if possible pointing towards a wall, and if the right beam is slightly lower than the left beam after they self level, I just exit out of the menu and don't make any further adjustments.. (I should note though that I have a 2020 Model 3 with the pre matrix lights if that makes any difference).

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TSLQs

Hello.

Anybody have experience using Thule ProRide 598 bike rack on the Model 3 roof bars?

Does it fit ok. Easy to get on etc?

Thanks.

I haven't been out and about much where I've had to charge - what are the non-tesla chargers I should be aware of?

I've heard of Ionity but don't know anything about them - are there others also?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The 1st app you should get is PlugShare.. Its a user based app which shows all public chargers along with what apps you need to use them, and also has photo's for reference, as well as recent user check-in's (so you can see how reliable they are and if any recent issues etc...). Use PlugShare to scout out locations where you might visit and need a charge (brown are DC fast chargers and green are AC chargers).

The main one would be ESB eCars - sign up for a prepay account (must have at least €20 in the account to initiate a charging session), and use their app and they'll also send you an rfid card

After that I'd suggest EasyGo (next big one after eCars), and again, probably a prepay account there would suffice, you have to pay them for an raid fob, but I don't have one and the app alone would probably suffice (I'd use them rarely, but always handy to have an account with).

Then Ionity, but they are few and far between (I've only used them twice in Ireland in over 3 years) (many different apps work with Ionity, I use Chargepoint, who also sent me an rfid card).

Applegreen seem to be moving in the right direction with decent sites coming online (although expensive (as are Ionity)), AG have an app thats almost identical to the ESB eCars app, but they also allow tap to pay at the chargers but this will incur a €30 hold placed on your payment card, using their app avoids this block.

CircleK are only getting into the game, and only allow tap to pay so no card/app needed there (but they have a scant offering so far)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Yes, there are many, many others

Ecars would be the main one in Ireland covering about 70% of all charge points

Easygo is handy for the chargers at Lidl and some other locations, about 20% of the countries chargers would be covered by them

Most of the other 10% are covered by plugsurfing, chargepoint, shell recharge, Applegreen Electric

All the above have apps and most also have cards. There are also dedicated threads to most of them on this website. I suggest you have a flick through before you start your journey

Any charge brand you come across that is not listed above will have details on the machine

• Advertisement

Thanks !! Some great advice there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

Get RFID cards where possible as a backup as sometimes the apps dont play nice. I always use RFID cards as I cant be bothered opening up my phone.

The only exception is the older green ESB 50kw units, which often have card reader problems.

Of course none of this applies to Superchargers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

For those of you who no longer visit the waiting room thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭toushea

Is plug and charge available to Tesla's on the Ionity network?

No, only on Tesla Superchargers.

Tesla of course can use any CCS fast chargers, but will need an app or whatever for non SuC.

Updated to the latest version this morning and everything looked fine.

Went out to collect my daughter from a summer camp and the screen was completely black - wasn't responding at all - car was driving fine but I had to pull over and reboot the screen by holding in the 2 thumb buttons on the steering wheel.

It then came back and had "No connectivity" displayed for about a minute then that went too....

Anyone seen this behaviour before?

A new feature, not sure if only after update 2023.20.4.1, you can now preview all 7 cameras on the car.

Menu. Service. Scroll down to Camera preview.

Try a reboot again. No need to pull over. All functions still work while rebooting.

I had exactly the same thing happen. Thought it was related to the software update. (Tho must confess, there was an initial minutevor so of panic!!!).

• Advertisement

Didn't realise that - that's good to know. I knew the car was driving, but wasn't sure if it was safe to do so. I rebooted on the spot before venturing out.

Advertisement