Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KrustyBurger

Just back from a trip to Clare. I used ABRP to see how much battery I’d have left at Birdhill. It said 41% I had 53% (wasn’t pushing it). The nicest surprise was the lack of range anxiety there and back. The %range seems accurate. The car is beautiful to drive. Arriving at Birdhill I had a choice of chargers, again a novelty coming from having to rely of the ESB chargers up to now. And the chargers are plug ‘n play. Such a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Makes life much easier alright the odd time I need to charge away.

Out of interest what did the car say you would arrive at Birdhill with?

I think it was about 41%. I drove at about 100-110 and arrived with about 53%.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Normally the car projection is within a % or two. Once with me it was out about 5% when driving at the speed limit, but there was a temperature drop of about 10c over the one hour trip, due to thunderstorms after starting trip.

In your case the car probably expected you to drive at 120kmh, but would have updated your % arrival on your actual driving efficiency.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

That’s sounds like the ABRP projection. The car would be a lot closer to reality.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

In car more accurate, takes wind direction and elevation changes into account

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Yeah that’s exactly it. I’ll keep an eye on the cars projection on the next trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Anyone had a 'Steering Assist Reduced' warning recently? My Dad called me today to say he had it on his 5 week old Model 3, and that there was no power steering whatsoever....talked him through the 2 button reset, and the power off and wait 2+ minutes reset to no avail despite him doing it several times. He's logged a service request and I told him to consider calling the roadside assist too as they live in Wexford so some distance from Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

Cant help Im afraid.

But funny you mention the steering system - I watched a video on the M3 steering system last week. Its a well engineered bit of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Screen wouldn't turn on for me earlier today, had to do a 2 button reset and took a while for voice commands to come back then...

We had thunder and lightning today, which I'm thinking might have contributed, had the same issue a few weeks ago as well, again not long after a thunder and lightning bout of weather

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I've done that but it seems to keep turning itself back on - is that right?

SHouldn't it just stay off if I turn it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Heinz57

I would imagine that if you turn it off it shoulf stay off. Mine did - I had to go in "manually" and press the button to reactivate alarm and tilt sensor again.

I had a message from Fay at Tesla Service about the issue, but got back to say that it seems to be working fine now.

I got a reply to my service request in the app on Friday (for the black screen issue) where they wanted more info about when it happened and if I was charging etc.

I replied and nothing since - it also happened yesterday and I took a video which I sent to them

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jasna1982

Same black screen issue. Picked up on Friday. Did a software update on Saturday. And yesterday and today had a black screen before trying to drive. Had to do a 2 button reset. Seems to be a bug

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Anyone on the older (mines a 2020 m3p) noticing the regen braking isn't as strong as what it was?

I have it set to normal (not chill) and there's not the same "bite" when I lift off.

I charged today to 96% on the SuC and when I drove off the usual little warning sign for reduced regen never showed up on the screen.

At 96% I’ve noticed it’s always reduced. I generally only charge to 90% and I never get the warning at that charge level.

What’s chill 😂😂😂👀👀

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yeah, been noticing it’s been a bit lighter the last few days, pretty much since the last update…

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Phew!! So it's not just me then!!

The older cars have 2 settings for regen so I toggled between them both. The chill one has literally no regen and the car pretty much free wheels on lift off.

The standard setting has much more regen on lift off but definitely is noticeably less than before.

Yeah - my "Tilt/Intrusion" is reseting itself for sure - I turn it off and then drive somewhere and it's back on again - I've added it to my service request details (for the black screen issue) in the app but I've still not heard from them since Friday. Must be a bug

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

It's normal for the tilt/intrusion detection to re-enable each journey. Happens in other cars too.

This is from the manual for the Y but same idea:

• Advertisement

Ah - thank you for that !

My daughter forgot her water for school and I just dropped it down to her a few mins ago - had a black screen when I went out again - so another reboot :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Grr! That's annoying alright. At least a few others are reporting it (on the Irish Facebook group anyway) so hopefully it'll be addressed soon

They just got back to me on the app and said they will be investigating it today - at least it's not just me.

My connectivity goes to hell also after a reboot. Seems to really screw it up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

I picked up a car today and charged it on Ionity, now I see in app price of charging. I wonder if anyone knows how it knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ian125

This exact thing happened to me on Saturday, got the car new on Thursday. Lost Regen braking and warning came up steering assist reduced, lost power steering also, the car shot forward when I was changing lanes. Did a 2 button reset and hasn't happened since. Logged a service request and waiting for the diagnostic report.

Ok. Black screen confirmed as a bug wirh latest firmware:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Interesting. I wonder why it's only affecting some of the new cars. I haven't had the issue in my 222 model, but this month on 2 occasions I noticed what I assume is a connectivity issue where the map on the screen stops rendering and from top to bottom as I drive with navigation on, the map sections ahead are just grey. This happens in large chunks of squares and lasts for a maybe a minute or so. The blue nav line and car icon is still present all the while. Happened in Blanch on the N3 and in Drogheda on M1 about 3 weeks apart. If it happens again, i'll report it, as I pay for premium connectivity and expect it to work without issue in and around Dublin.

Stay Free

Havent had it in my 201 either.

You know how IT works, glitches some and not others

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Shouldn't happen in Dublin, but it sounds like a mobile network issue, had the same symptoms when travelling through Europe and crossing country borders, for a few minutes while the car's sim card connected to a new network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Blue M3 Performance in inventory now at discounted at €49.7k!

fully expect that price not to be honoured (grant issue). I gambled on a grey M3 P there this evening with a grant. Interestingly, on the invoice OMSP is below €60k pre grant. Could be an interesting few days 😀

Advertisement