Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

I was in Sandyford yesterday and they've replaced a TMPS sensor for my 211 M3LR they also noticed the charging door a bit askew and they ordered a new one. Frustrating that it takes 4-5 weeks to get the part then get it done. More frustrated as some member of my family wanted to move a pillar in the carpark yesterday USS and all

Who does body repair for Tesla? I see Ace in Fairview but I believe there was another one

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Ashmore Ryder seem highly recommended…

Ace have been known to take the cars for joyrides….

Last weekend it was the first time when we did a longish trip in convoy with he 211M3LR on 18"and 231MYSR on 19" so I saved the trip logs maybe would help some decide. We were 9 people 5 in MY and 4 in M3 both full with luggage. On the motorway where possible autopilot on the speed limit +2, AC 21-22

Trip 1 Dublin - Killarney through Adare.

M3 reports 334km used 56kWh average consumption 16.8 kWh/100km

MY reports 332 km used 58kWh average consumption 17.5 kWh/100km

Trip 2 Ring of Kerry.

M3 reports 183 km used 25kWh

MY reports 182km used 24 kWh

Trip 3 Killarney - Dublin through Mallow

M3 reports 326 km used 47 kWh

MY reports 323 km used 50kWh

Overall:

M3 843 km used 128kWh average consumption 15.2kWh/100km

MY 837 km used 132 kWh average consumption 15.7 kWh/100km

Very impressive results from the MY considering the size and all. It was actually more efficent than M3 on the Ring drive probably due to more recuperation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Less difference than the 10% often mooted, good going on the Y considering on 19s and heavier car.

That 10% is on direct battery size comparative though.....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DrPsychia

Tar and Feathers would be my punishment of choice😧

That's pretty incredible considering the difference in size/space. Anyone have any guesstimates how much less efficient a MYLR would be for the same trip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,882 ✭✭✭✭josip

Can't say for that trip. Our long term average, of which half would be 120kph, is 17 kWh/100km.

On the motorway at 120, we're getting 18.7-19 kWh/100km depending on conditions

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Great comparison.

It’s worth noting that the MY efficiency is good but the LR would have travelled further without stopping if required.

Absolutely. In the first run MY used 100% of its battery while M3 only 75%. I think M3 would have reached Kenmare without charging. Having said that we had to stop for the kids and charged anyway. I had to move both cars from the chargers before the kids were done. Also comparing the two trips Dublin - Killarney shows the effect the speed has on consumption. The route through Mallow is slower, with more 80km/h roads and with less motorway but >10% more efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

FFS... had to order touch up pens for the wheels. It wasn't me... 🤬

I ordered from greendrive as it seems none of the amazon sellers have stock. Reviews of the paint on greendrive seems good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I know someone here recently posted about the cars navigation not being accurate with the percentage of battery left at the end of a journey.

This was mine yesterday. I'd left birdhill and had done around 60kms so the car "should" have worked out my consumption. Based on the figures I was going to do 114kms on 19% battery (mostly motorway), giving me an overall range of approximately 570 Kms!!

Not a hope. I ended up getting home with 26%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Thats odd alright, I have found it to be very accurate on any drives I have done, long or short distances.

Maybe raise a ticket and ask the Tesla service team to review your logs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Mine threw a wobbly recently also, but is generally +/- 1%. It got a bit confused (Approx 13% optimistic) in rural north west co Cork.😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

I had a grave calculation problem like that driving from the new Caen, F SuC last month where the car estimated that we had over 30% left where in reality we didn't even have enough to reach the destination Apart from that calculations have been always been accurate within a few percent. They are based on the fleet data so there appears to be a problem with the data for some sections of roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

+1 Before I got the Tesla I had a classic Ioniq for around four years, it had zero noise or creaks ever all through my ownership car felt solid, Tesla on the other hand had little bits of creaks/noise from day one but I sort of got used to it (shouldn't have to). Build quality is just not as refined as it should be on Tesla's. Love the car though and if I was to buy a car again today I'd still get the Tesla, alhough in 3 years time when it come time to change I have a funny feeling I'll be getting something else.

P.s. connectivity for me has been fairly rubbish over the last few weeks as well, Spotify stopping, maps going blank ect... even on roads areas I normally had no problems with, it's a bit head wrecking....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

That was me, I had even larger discrepancies. I think that there perhaps is a bug in current software version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

I've been noticing connectivity problems getting worse this summer around the country. I have separate work & personal phones and have been noticing that 5G covering has been steadily improving with 4G/LTE performance dropping off.

The networks boosted alot of the 4G networks around the country during the covid period. It was quite noticeable as I was able to use my laptop in may places I was unable to before 2020/21.

However I suspect this is now being scaled back and resources diverted to increasing the 5G coverage. If this was the case, it would make sense my M3 is impacted as it only has 4G/LTE capability. I dont have anything to support this claim - its just a hunch based on my own user experience around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

Hi all

I was wondering if someone could explain the difference shown below?

2021 SR+ with 50kw battery available (for simplicity)

If I drive with the same efficiency until the battery is at 0% I should have 373km (50÷0.134 = 373).

However if 77km represents 29%, 100% = 265km (77÷29*100 =265km).

100km difference.

265km by my calculations.

Edit. If the car was charged to 100%, may not have been..

@eagerv yep car was charged to 100%

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The car will only measure the consumption while the car is driving…. So if you are sat in the car with climate on and watching Netflix, that consumption won’t be recorded in the general stats.

• Advertisement

@AndyBoBandy but it's not that either to be honest. If I'm in the car I'm driving and I'm out of it when I get where I am going.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭ferg01

I think it still uses battery when parked even if you’re not actively using air on/Netflix. Stuff like Sentry and cooling of the batteries. I often pass my car and the fans are running.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

I’m considering going for a model 3 RWD, but I’m wondering if I should just hold off until the new model comes out later this year or early next. The sales guy I met gave it the hard sell saying that when the new model comes out they’ll put the price back in the €10k they took off at the start of the year. Has anyone heard this too?

I think it is unlikely to go up that amount, perhaps a thousand or two. It will need to be cheaper than the Model Y to sell imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,923 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Just all guess work I'd say, nobody knows for sure. I'd say it's unlikely.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Not sure how sensible this is, but I opted to go ahead and order pre-facelift as I typically don't like to buy early gen tech. So would be holding off for a year or two of the refresh anyway to iron out any design/production kinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Realised I was replying to an ancient post.

Deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭jlang

The refresh was to include bringing in some of the manufacturing improvements that make the Model Y cheaper to build to the 3. (Huge castings, simplified wiring loom, etc) If true, then they should be able to bring the price back down again once they've fleeced the early adopters and ironed out the new bugs. Unless they keep it upmarket and accepting it won't have maximum sales but leaving clear pricing space to slot a new smaller vehicle below it.

Based on the data from the bottom I see that the 10kWh were consumed during multiple drives. The current drive is of only 10km. How many such trips make up the since figure? The car reports stationary consumption in the energy app not on the trip meters. See the picture below. On the top right there is a drop down which allows to see info since last drive and since charging. You're missing about 10% or 6kWh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 MartyMcFly1989

Keep it upmarket, never considered Tesla to be upmarket.

They’re everywhere just like a Ford, (although the Ford will be properly built) but definitely not an upmarket build or brand

Advertisement