Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Did anybody else see this golden Tesla roaming Dublin streets? Sorry for the quality it is taken by the Tesla cam

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Proof that money (or access to leverage) doesnt buy taste or class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Conar

Harsh. Maybe they just like gold. Life's better with a bit of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭warrior00

How do you know he has money. Getting a car wrapped isn't that dear. Or maybe he is some arab on a visit and got the car gold plated. Well if so then yes I agree with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭sk8board

They might just be a fan of Sloane Street videos from 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

I think there is a qr code on the driver's door. Hard to see in these pictures and I only saw it with my bad eyes coming out of the roundabout but I believe I saw something resembling a QR on it. Let's assume a publicity stunt. I found it funny

Owners, don’t ignore the servicing of the car. I was lucky. Mechanic said my oil filter was completely worn and needed replacement today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭Raoul

Currently it seems like it would actually be better value to buy a new Tesla than buy 2nd hand. Am I off the mark here? Do we think the 2nd hand price of a model 3 will come down significantly prior to the year end or the beginning of next year?

In a word yes. New is the best value tesla still.

Not many cars on the 2nd hand market. LRs are the best value if you can get a good deal. A late 21 or 22 car was €65/67k new, but obviously significantly less now with all the price cuts. Not many owners getting out of them to crystallise the loss, except those moving to the Y maybe.

the only benchmark of sorts appears to be 2020 cars selling in the €23-28k range, anything more and they just sit there. I’ve some private sale ads saved for months and months asking slightly more but not selling. they’d have been roughly €48k cars new I think, and they’d be US cars with the chrome and different batteries, so it’s about right for 3yr depreciation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭JOL1

Best value at Moment is Model 3 LR RWD (still a few in Inventory for immediate delivery with cheap finance which saves thousands over life of loan for anyone avaialing of finance)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Definitely - I also have several used cars saved for months and they aren't moving. For an extra 3-4K in many cases you get a new car instead, 0Km, full warranty, no unknown driving history, and possibly 0% finance if timed right.

I suspect sellers are anchored by the price they paid pre price cuts, which is human nature, but totally irrelevant to current valuations.

With a new Y I don't really want to stretch to a new model 3 price as our other car, and may now end up with an ID3 or similar, as the second had teslas prices represent no value in my view.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

I wouldn’t worry about getting an ID3. Very good car. Wouldn’t have sold mine for my Model 3 had the second hand market not been crazy high at the time. ID was a fun car, very refined and well screwed together..😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Great to get that perspective from someone familiar with both

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

There have been a couple of high mileage 2019 model 3's that have gone for 20-23k. Their prices will surely fall further when the new Highland models reach the Irish customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

I agree, I think that the new Highland models headlights and bumper make the car look "sleeker".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

There should be a good few company cars starting to roll off 3 & 4 year leases over the next 12 months also, although these are generally sold direct to trade, so the dealers will be adding their margins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Wheel has been kerbed. It wasn't me. 🤬 I'm not impressed.

I took it to a place to fix but they said they wouldn't as it's not worth their while. Anyone done it themselves? or suggestions for someone to fix without taking the whole wheel

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭creedp

Seen a lot of M3 wheels badly kerbed. Was talking to a dealer who said a lot of their M3s need the wheels refurbed at €800 a set

I got 2 done recently from DB Autobody. They are at the back of United Tyres on Lower Walkinstown Avenue. €60 a wheel as they just needed local repair and painting and blending.

Usually a full refurb is about €400 from Wheel Wizards in Finglas depending on the wheel size. I’m generally getting 20”, 21” done so the 18” may be a bit cheaper.

• Advertisement

€800 is excessive and I suspect there’s a lot of profit in it for the person telling you that.

HiTec Wheel finishes in Rosemount in Dublin 15 are €115 per wheel. And they are excellent. They done my 21” wheels last year and they actually travel out to main dealers to collect stock for repairs. If it’s €115 to me as I turn up at the door, I’d suspect a main dealer to get a bulk discount.

Wheel Wizards in Finglas are circa €400 and they are just as good. The only thing that would make me pick one over the other was availability to take the car etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

It's just people not taking care when driving.

How long did that take with DB?

It was Wheel Wizards that told me no. Said I'd need to bring the wheel, otherwise they'd only take the car itself if all 4 were being done. It's not possible or practical for me to go taking off the wheel and bringing it somewhere.

I gave DB the 2 wheels. I have access to other cars so wasn’t an issue for me. Left it in the Tuesday and they were ready Friday. He didn’t start them until the Wednesday so possibly 2 day turn around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭traco

No experience getting Tesla wheels done but I used Rim Solutions in Clondalkin for 19" diamond cut Mercedes AMG alloys that were in very poor condition and they came out looking amazing with an almost mirror finish with the clear lacquer over the machining. They also loaned me some wheels but the car was parked and not in use so only needed something for it to sit on while the work was being done. I did have to drop and collect all five as had the spare done also.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,027 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If ye think your wheels are bad then zoom in on these. The front was even worse with massive lumps of paint missing.

Was a Tesla Model 3 we parked beside recently.

Rim Solutions would be there with the best too. I only mention the other 2 as I’m a Northside 😂

+1 for rim solutions and their diamond cut machine for a 19” wheel 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kcf1

Hello. We purchased Model 3 LR single motor (white/black interior) from inventory at v good price and 0% finance and got delivery 2 weeks ago. Have driven almost 2,000 kms already and v happy and impressed with car. We had ordered a higher spec with extras but likely delivery in 2024 (even if new Highland upgrade) was a problem, and this car from inventory was a lot less expensive, esp. with 0% finance. Mostly charge at home and estimated energy costs are one third of comparative diesel car doing 50mpg. Still a bit confused about real range figure, but learning as we go.

I have no comparison to other models. Range is critical issue for us, and TM3 LR RWD looks like best value in an EV if you need range. It is ridiculously fast accelerating.

Well wear!

You mentioned you’re still confused about the real world range, but presumably you have a decent guide on it for city/country/motorway?

id have thought 400+ anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The range figure given on screen is the EPA range, for this to be achieved the conditions would need to be warm, dry and a mix of driving speeds. I get the EPA range from May to Sept in the RWD M3 no problem so I'd imagine you should too.

The range will decrease due to cold weather, higher speeds, multiple short trips, wet roads, windy conditions, heavy load or a combination of any of those main factors

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement