Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

marknak8 wrote: »
    I'm interested, with a budget of 47K. If that's a number you can consider, just let me know.

We shouldn’t turn this into a buy/sell but the answer is NO

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

I have confirmed with Tesla UK & Ireland delivery team that this is just a localisation issue. The standard warranty of 80k/160k applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

While we're on the topic of site discrepancies anyone get their "View Sale Agreement" back ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

They list on their website, and in the navigation in the car that there's a Tesla Destination charger at Lidl Swords, though the only charger there is an EasyGo twin AC.

I'm not sure if there ever was a Tesla charger there! maybe years and years ago.

Just update/remove it ffs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

J-W wrote: »
    While we're on the topic of site discrepancies anyone get their "View Sale Agreement" back ?

Nope, still just the two booking invoices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Please explain
    I now have a view
    order agreement and booking invoice
    I’m prob behind in the process?

Please explain
    I now have a view
    order agreement and booking invoice
    I’m prob behind in the process?

All our "Order Agreement" view options disappeared around the same time as the EU mainland price reduction. We only have the booking invoice.

Some confusion over brexit /eu probably

All our "Order Agreement" view options disappeared around the same time as the EU mainland price reduction. We only have the booking invoice.

Some confusion over brexit /eu probably

It’s prob correct they just haven’t turned your view back on - I have mine but only ordered a few days ago

It’s prob correct they just haven’t turned your view back on - I have mine but only ordered a few days ago

:) Guess I'm one of those nagging choose folk who wouldn't mind seeing a contract before I spend 50k on something

:) Guess I'm one of those nagging choose folk who wouldn't mind seeing a contract before I spend 50k on something

Yea too true kinda would think you should see it ...
    Have they confirmed the SEAI grant has been applied for your car,

• Advertisement

Again more confusion. Aren't Tesla's all above the threshold for that now ?

I filled out the paperwork in October when I ordered.

Theres a Northern Irish blue Model 3 SR+ about to go on sale for €39,990 for anyone that's interested... 30,000km, and easy to import..

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

Again more confusion. Aren't Tesla's all above the threshold for that now ?

No. SEAI electric car grant of 5000 euro is still there. It is the VRT reduction of 5000 euro that is gone (for cars over 50k) and is replaced by a 7% reduction on the VAT rate (from 14% to 7%).

So say for example if a car’s OMSP is 50000 euro. Before 2021 you would pay 50000 + 50000 * 14% VRT - 5000 SEAI Grant - 5000 VRT Grant = 47000 euro.
    From 2021 you pay 50000 + 50000 * 7% VRT - 5000 SEAI Grant = 48500 euro.

Thanks Sam .
    Ya was getting them mixed up.
    Go green party .yeah !

• Registered Users Posts: 16 marknak8

Theres a Northern Irish blue Model 3 SR+ about to go on sale for €39,990 for anyone that's interested... 30,000km, and easy to import..

Hi, I might be interested, can you DM more info please?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Thanks Sam .
    Ya was getting them mixed up.
    Go green party .yeah !

To be fair it improves things for cheaper cars so I do see logic in it- we who can afford to drop 50k€ on a car can better afford not to have the larger tax relief imho. It might make the difference however to someone struggling to opt for a cheaper EV.

The more EVs that on the road, means less carbon burning ones, the cleaner our air and the better off we all are.

I am not a green supporter btw more of a shinner.

If your trying to change peoples mindsets and encourage adoption of something new make it simple to understand and create a sense of urgency/ early entry bonus.

Should have never been a 5k vrt grant in the first place.

2021 EV VRT 1%
    2022 EV VRT 2%
    And so on up to current ice vrt rates.

Simple and makes people want to get the best out of it .
    Revenue losses would have been low at the start along with the low numbers and progressed back up to current level

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

They list on their website, and in the navigation in the car that there's a Tesla Destination charger at Lidl Swords, though the only charger there is an EasyGo twin AC.

I'm not sure if there ever was a Tesla charger there! maybe years and years ago.

Just update/remove it ffs!!

FWIW, when last at Lidl Swords (south) - a few months ago - one of the two chargers had a 'Tesla' label

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

marknak8 wrote: »
    Hi, I might be interested, can you DM more info please?

Did Andy PM you the details?

Gumbo wrote: »
    Did Andy PM you the details?

No, not yet, as I don’t actually have any details other than seeing the post on the Tesla Owners Ireland Facebook page, so I’d suggest joining up there, unless anyone here knows the seller??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Email from Tesla looking for payment. Getting exciting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,937 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

No, not yet, as I don’t actually have any details other than seeing the post on the Tesla Owners Ireland Facebook page, so I’d suggest joining up there, unless anyone here knows the seller??
    You can't join unless you're an owner.
    Would suggest instead pinging the admin (publicly visible once you look at the FB group) and taking it from there.

Aph2016 wrote: »

Nice one. Good to get it paid before any possibility of VAT change.
    Is your "order agreement" back by any chance ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Ya bowsey, when did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Slaanesh wrote: »
    Ya bowsey, when did you order?

21st of December 2020 I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Great news, hopefully process will start moving for the rest of us too

Great news, hopefully process will start moving for the rest of us too

I was speaking to them and they said in the next two weeks they would be in touch looking for payment but great to know thanks Aph2016

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aurora303

Hey Guys,

What are your opinions on re-sale\future trade in value?

I'm thinking if say 2 or 3 years down the line you want to sell and change back to a traditional ICE car would there be difficulty trading a Tesla into a regular dealer\selling privately and would there be a large hit in terms of depreciation?

Curious to know your thoughts as I'm considering buying this summer and trying to run through all the various scenarios in my head.

Thanks

I'd say any garage would be delighted to take in a Tesla Model 3 as a trade in, and they typically don't depreciate in value as quickly as ICE cars do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,937 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Model 3 now, yes, but for a 3-5 year old Tesla, do you think it would be the same? IE a 2019 model 3 in 2024?

Advertisement