Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

Sorry to be digging back through this thread but just curious about the trade in - do they inspect the car at all? I’ve put in the details and waiting to get a value back but there was no questions about the condition of the car. This is a 9 year old Skoda Superb 2L diesel with 123.5k miles. I don’t expect to get offered a lot but there is a scratch on the wheel arch and it’s got a few other scratches. The interior is that of a family car which comes up ok with a good hoover but the car is 9 years old. It could definitely be in better nick for its age but what I understand is that this doesn’t matter when trading in with Tesla - they just sell it to the trade market?

I’ve tried to find the answer to this question unsuccessfully with the search function so hopefully it hasn’t been asked before - thanks in advance for the help!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Generally no as the lower trade value in reality takes account of the worse case scenario.

A small dealer is bidding on it sight unseen.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

Fair enough - I’m totally aware that we’ll probably get offered eff all but the hassle of a private sale just doesn’t appeal having listened to friends who’ve done it.

Private sale is very straight forward. Don’t be out off by it.

For the sake of €20, throw an ad on DoneDeal and see if you get any interest. No harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

What sort of value private used would you say a 231 Model 3 RWD would have? non-white

• Advertisement

€35k ish…

And even at that people will balance up whether to pay the €41,832 for the new model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Conar

Try a few of them. Autobuy offered my between 30 to 46% (Tesla offered 9595, Autobuy offered 12500 to 14000) more than the Tesla offer for example pending inspection. I ended up selling privately but the Tesla offer was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭sk8board

tesla have no interest in the 2nd hand market for their own cars, so the offer they give you reflects the best off from the dealers they sent your car particulars to.

it’s an accurate reflection of the wholesale price, rather than the retail

For all the stick the early Fremont built Model 3’s get (which I don’t generally agree with), at least it can out run it’s new model cousins 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

The older motor was more powerful and supposedly less reliable although that might have been said for cost cutting sakes. Pretty sure that the Highland has the same motor as my 22 one which is 270 odd horsepower.

My car is in getting a panel replaced after a fella reversed into it. Have a kia xceed phev as the loner. Nice looking car I think and has a fair few bells and whistles but personally I wouldnt touch a phev over bev. It feels extremely agricultural when compared to a Toyota hybrid never mind a bev. Have to charge it every night or by my short time with it, would be drinking juice. So you have to plug in everyday and go to the pumps. I honestly don't see the point of these over normal hybrid or diesel for people who do big miles or if you do normal miles just get a bev.

Edit: I have been in a 530e which was much better but the point still stands when it comes to phevs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DrPsychia

I thought they would have given highland a little boost, maybe 10ps. There's more performance left in that motor but it's software locked. Probably for reliability reasons.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Already plenty in current RWD M3, I took a bit of an acceleration hit coming from a much bigger S but you get used to it, Tesla made their name with acceleration times etc but will slowly bring those speeds down as that is not good for efficiency. The Plaid and P models will always be there for those that want the acceleration

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

A lot of the Fremont SR+ cars that landed here came with the Performance rear motor which is just software locked to give the 0-100 time of 5.7s (0-60mph is 5.6s)... I'm pretty sure mine has a P rear motor..

It's a bit comforting to know that no matter how many times I've floored it, the motor has probably never even broken a sweat and therefore has never been brought to 'its limit' (or redlined in old money).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭sk8board

There’s loads of incremental updates in highland to guarantee plenty sales success - they’re wise to hold something back

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Good to see they’ve kept the panel gaps though…

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

I keep looking for a track test with the Highland to see how the suspension compares in performance, not comfort. I absolutely love the power of the SR+ and couldn't face losing the 0.5 second with refresh models :-) I now really want to swap to an LR just to gain another second plus more range, ideally a 2022 model. No rush with that though just after taking the hit on four new PS4s (T0).

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Woodie40

No surprise there, the one I had was even worse.

Terrible car.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭td2008

BMS_a066 warning today, sounds like that could mean HV battery replacement! Under warranty at least if it comes to that :O

Is the car charging?

Is the SOC holding normal or dropping like a fly?

• Advertisement

Yeah, just left topped up to 80 the last two nights and haven't done much driving at all so didn't notice the range, will try charge it again and see

I did notice the regen braking wasn't great yesterday even at 80% whether that's related

maybe cold battery.

When the HV goes too can be at 80% one minute and 23% the next. It’s very noticeable.

Hopefully it’s not HV.

You might never see that again (hopefully), out of interest is yours a 2021 US made 3?

Yeah maybe just the cold weather as Gumbo mentioned.

2021 from China

Early 2021 P models have seen replacements but these were US made. Cold weather should not give that message, it's generally the dreaded water ingress which can be intermitted at first then fatal

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Balsamnews

Have to love the tech advancements :)

6 years later, weight has gone up 10%, range up 20%, power down 10%

even the current M3 is nothing like the original M3, they may look the same but completely different drivetrain and battery which is effictively a different car in the same shell, not to mention screen update, lead acid replacement, heating revamp of seats/windows/wipers, laminated glass, electric boot etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

They've made it a real car for the masses now. For most people, these are all positive changes, which means it is a better car for nearly all use cases. On the other hand, it is less sporty than it used to be unless you get the future P equivalent. Sporty suspension and performance is not really a priority for all but a small minority. In any case, the Volvo EX30 is now a 5.1 sec 0-100 crossover. Imagine being outrun by that at the lights!

Lots of reviews appearing for it but with the youtubers/influencers all plugging accessories that benefit from stalk removal you'd take their reviews with a grain of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DrPsychia

Agreed. Tesla made some welcomed changes. Due to the price I doubt we'll see many EX30's on the road driven with a heavy right foot to embarrass M3RWD owners who care about drag racing from traffic lights. The M3 RWD is still faster than most other cars on the road. I hate all the pandering and lack of staunch criticism from most reviewers about the removal of stalks. Same story when Musk made the decision to remove USS. There's plenty of Tesla fanboys and apologists who still pander to Tesla for the lack of a functional and reliable park assist system. Unfortunately there's plenty of apologists everywhere that are dismissive of those that are critical of Teslas decisions.

I understand why media reviewers pander, if they were too harsh they wouldn't future press cars or get all expenses paid trips to launch events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭JOL1

Hmm..everyone is capable of forming their own views and it is to be expected that views will vary..and deserve to be respected. Many will see the removal of stalks as a step in the right direction and of course others will form the opposite view . both are valid viewpoints if sincerely held. The use of the term "Tesla Fanboys" always provokes a reaction as the irony is not lost as of its nature it is laden with a certain bias.

Different views if freely expressed always have validity.

Advertisement