Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭teslad

Hey all,

If anyone is interested, I just had my 2020 M3 with Detailing Guys in Dun Laoghaire for a full paint correction and then 2 ceramic coating treatments. Arthur is great - really into what he does and the car looks way better than when I got it a year ago. I'll see how it is in a few months time, but at the moment there is literally zero water beading and the shine is unbelievable.

If anyone is interested, thoroughly recommend. Took 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Do you mind me asking how much ? and whats the estimated life of the coating ?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

J-W wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking how much ? and whats the estimated life of the coating ?

Interested to know this too as planning on getting it ceramic coated as soon as I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Interested to know this too as planning on getting it ceramic coated as soon as I get it.

Same here, stick a price up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

teslad wrote: »
    Hey all,

If anyone is interested, I just had my 2020 M3 with Detailing Guys in Dun Laoghaire for a full paint correction and then 2 ceramic coating treatments. Arthur is great - really into what he does and the car looks way better than when I got it a year ago. I'll see how it is in a few months time, but at the moment there is literally zero water beading and the shine is unbelievable.

Zero water beading?
    This is a characteristic of the hydrophobic properties of a Ceramic Coating so are you sure that’s correct?

What coating did you get and what maintenance process did they advise you to do?

• Advertisement

Seems like a good few in the UK are getting texts from Tesla to arrange collection. We shouldn't be too far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Theres a Northern Irish blue Model 3 SR+ about to go on sale for €39,990 for anyone that's interested... 30,000km, and easy to import..

I saw this nice nice car in blue tint done and dechrome done - Its costing me >10k more for same new + the tint

teslad wrote: »
    Hey all,

Same as above cost and type of treatment and do they do tinting service

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Seems like a good few in the UK are getting texts from Tesla to arrange collection. We shouldn't be too far behind.

You're the only one I know who's been asked to pay!

Fingers crossed! My current car being collected by buyer next week

• Advertisement

Slaanesh wrote: »
    You're the only one I know who's been asked to pay!

Just been asked today to pay by 13th Feb.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Gaaaah, still waiiiiiting. Just got the loan in the bank account today, all ready to go.

Got a generic marketing mail telling me to check out their new inventory
    Delivery before 1st March

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Right so hopefully I'll know more tomorrow! :)

Got a generic marketing mail telling me to check out their new inventory
    Delivery before 1st March

Yeah got that too. Giving me hope we may get our cars in Feb! Especially with being asked to pay by the 13th.

Right so hopefully I'll know more tomorrow! :)
    Slaanesh wrote: »
    Gaaaah, still waiiiiiting. Just got the loan in the bank account today, all ready to go.

Hopefully you’ll hear soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

I had a chat with the delivery team and they said they have started asking for payment from those who do not have a trade-in offer first.

For us who have a trade-in arranged with Tesla, the final payment is going to be tied with when the trade-in offer expires.

The trade-in offer is valid for 2 months, so if the trade-in offer was accepted on 20 December for example, and your expected delivery date is 5 March, usually they will have to re-assess the trade-in car on 20 February, and based on the trade-in value, we will only pay the remaining amount after that.

This time they are going to re-assess the trade-in car a bit early (starting from next week), so that they can make sure everyone can pay their invoice before the end of February before the VAT rate goes back.

Yeah got that too. Giving me hope we may get our cars in Feb! Especially with being asked to pay by the 13th.

Should do I’d say seems a lot of cars in that delivery - who do they bank with? Trying to avoid issues before they happen.

With home delivery do you get a chance to look it over or just follow up with complaints

Should do I’d say seems a lot of cars in that delivery - who do they bank with? Trying to avoid issues before they happen.

With home delivery do you get a chance to look it over or just follow up with complaints

CitiBank Dublin branch

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

I think we have 30 days to submit issues via the app.

• Advertisement

I think we have 30 days to submit issues via the app.

So literally they just drop it off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

snow two weeks ago, snow at bottom of rear window. drive to work, open boot, snow falls in boot... nothing blocking it from falling in..

dont be like me

• Registered Users Posts: 13 driver123

Got mail today asking for deposit by the 13th Feb. Need to do agreed sale of my current car next week so.
    Asked them when to expect delivery (how long I will be carless), and they said 5th to the 15th March.
    Early payment is because I am also getting finance, and they want all the money by end of Feb, ahead of VAT changes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Got email today with all UK/Irish Inventory available for delivery before March 1st, they on sales drive

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Quick question for current Tesla owners. When I had a model 3 for a weekend test drive. In autopilot, coming up to lights with a car stopped in front of me, the model 3 stopped as expected, then when the car in front took off the car automatically started driving. Is this an autopilot feature or only a fsd feature?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

coming up to lights with a car stopped in front of me, the model 3 stopped as expected, then when the car in front took off the car automatically started driving. Is this an autopilot feature or only a fsd feature?

Autopilot.

Lots of cars now have this, albeit with different names.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Nuphor

I see EAP is available for 3,800 again

• Registered Users Posts: 21,937 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

slave1 wrote: »
    Got email today with all UK/Irish Inventory available for delivery before March 1st, they on sales drive
    probably the vat change?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

ELM327 wrote: »
    probably the vat change?

Fair play to them if it is, as it's teh customer that benefits from this!!

• Advertisement

Fair play to them if it is, as it's teh customer that benefits from this!!

Agreed but Tesla prob just lucky with the timing but the vat reduction will probably be extended

Advertisement