Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Isn’t there a feature where you can force the door open from the app. I don’t know if this is on the model 3 though. There’s a ram that pops out and pushes the door open.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yes, you can pop open the drivers door from the app… it does exactly the same thing as when you press the regular door release button from inside the car… I’ve never bothered doing this as the fist bump method is always quicker and easier (you only discover it’s frosted when you try to open it… so why bother pulling out the phone to open the app and pop the door when a simple bump of a fist will get the job done there and then…?) … and also I’d need to open other doors too and this app method only works on the drivers door…

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fattyflathead

Hi Folks, Does anyone know the cost to service a 4 year old Model 3 in Cork? or is there any other " Non Tesla "garages in Cork that have the know how to service

Tesla’s don’t really have ‘services’ like other cars… you can have specific things looked at if you want, but there’s little to do other than inspect brake pads, change brake fluid etc…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭User1998

This is more of a hypothetical question, but if you buy a Tesla and never get it serviced is your warranty still valid?

What about other EV’s? Does failing to change the wiper blades and pollen filter and brake fluid affect your warranty?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

“From a Google search i see that they've failed for not having the jack pucks in the car”

Can you share this info please. I’ve put 2 Model S’s thought the NCT and a Model 3 due in march. I’ve never had jack pucks in the car. They are not a requirement at all.

1. App.
    2. ”pop” the handles.
    3. warm water as per any other car. I had to do the BMW 5 series this morning in the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sln852

Thanks.

General consensus on that post is that some under knowledge NCT employee just assumed jack pucks are required and therefore the lift can’t be used without them.

One NCT employee in Mayo, Ireland decided this when 1000’s of other cars get passed though NCT elsewhere and MOT in UK.

I wouldn’t be worried about it. The manual actually states it can be lifted without them. If I was that cars owner I’d be lodging a formal complaint to the NCTS about it.

https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/model3/en_us/GUID-9E6DD5CB-40BA-4A29-B20D-457303555037.html

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Doctor Bojangles

Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this.

I was wondering has anyone an idea of when the new model 3 will start appearing in the inventory?

• Advertisement

Nobody knows. Customer cars are due end of January, start of February. Nobody knows if there’s excess cars that will make it to inventory.

So my guess would be anytime between next week and July!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sln852

Hi, on a Model 3 (both performance and non-performance) are the brake pads meant to cover the entire width of the disc on both the front and rear wheels?

On the front wheels i see this gap between the brake pad and the grey plastic hub but the gap isn't there on the rear wheels (M3P).

These are the factory installed (Fremont) pads and it's been up to Dublin specifically for a brake service.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Luna84

That is normal on all cars. I have no idea if Tesla use different brakes on the performance but going by non electric cars. A performance variant would always have better brakes than non performance but since electric vehicles use regenerative braking that may not be the case here.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Regards the NCT, there is a good guide on the Tesla Owners IRL FB page. I got my 2020 SR+ last year, and I presume it has never been serviced. At four years, I will probably need to get brake fluid changed even if it looks good in inspection? Plus I may also get brakes themselves serviced and do alignment on the wheels (tyres changed at 40k km two months ago). I presume any reputable garage is good for this, but will check with them first for pucks (but I think they have a lift anyway).

I have the NCT this Saturday. At present, I suspect it might fail cause of rusty brakes and classic Tesla headlights out of alignment. Will adjust the headlights manually (and imperfectly) against a wall using the guide with tape, though to do this properly I'd need an absolutely level surface and wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Highland M3 in inventory now

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

I’m seeing 7 of them, mix of rwd and long range

I checked on the Tesla website and it does give you the option to select Cork now too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Those couple of LR RWD are also at a tempting price, €45.2k for the white one (pre Highland config)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

They’re more expensive than a custom order one are they? I assume too that they won’t arrive any sooner than any of the custom orders.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Way cheaper and available for immediate pick up (pre Highland design), there is no LR RWD option for the newer Highland model but at that price would be safe to say still way cheaper

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭sk8board

Agreed - €45k is a fantastic price for that range on a €/km basis

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭jobrien19

Is there anywhere I can find more information on the battery life expectancy beyond the mileage or 8 year warranty. I'm considering buying a M3 (or even 2020 or 2021 second hand) and holding onto it for a while and wondering am I likely to get much beyond the 8 years. We don't do a massive amount of driving so not sure we would even hit the KM limit before the 8 years is up.

My 2020 SR+ has 89,000km on it just coming up on 4 years old, and is still brilliant.. I'm sure there's a bit of degradation there, but not much, and any further degradation from here on out will be a lot slower as they generally lose their initial few % early on..

There's at least 2 other SR+ in the owners group on Facebook that have hit 200,000km, and seem to be both grand, with no noticeable big impact on performance...

I toyed with the idea of upgrading a few times, but just can't justify it as the car is still excellent (if you discount random software update bugs that can sometimes occur...). Its trade in value fell through the floor last year, so there's no point taking such a big hit to change up... We're in it for the long haul with this one and will try and get to 10+ years in it if we can... 4 down.....

Thank you I was half dreading what some of the replies may throw up but glad to see some positive feedback so far in your experience. Just wanted to make sure if I do pull the trigger on a used model this year that the battery won't be ready to give up any time soon the second it's out of warranty. I know some of it comes down to luck but I guess that's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

110,000km for me now also with half of that DC/Fast charging. Im still doing the same regular long distance trips arriving in with <5% SoC with no problems after 3 years. NCA battery and I nearly always stop charging at 90% (will go to 100% around 4-5 times a year when on holidays, making sure I head off an a trip immediately after charging finishes so the car is not sitting around fully charged).

(will go to 100% around 4-5 times a year when on holidays, making sure I head off an a trip immediately after charging finishes so the car is not sitting around fully charged).

Yeah, this has been the rule I've followed the strictest... to never leave it at 100% for long..... The last 2 times I went to 100%, I had herself and Junior in the car ready to go just before it hits 'Charging Complete', and have left within seconds of that... but other than that, the longest it's ever been at 100% was probably 5 minutes... (I'm willing to only charge it to 90-95% the night before a 100% charge on the night rate, and only start it charging to 100% just before I need it, even if thats on day rate electricity)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DrPsychia

What's your budget and what year are you looking at?

I would prefer to go second hand for a 2021 model or newer for less than €30k but realise I may be waiting a while. Alternative option is to do another PCP on the new M3 but would need to sell our own vehicle privately as Tesla's trade in offer was €10k lower than the best offer we received. We currently have about €16k positive equity in our own car.

• Advertisement

if your budget is close to €30k than you should be able to completely avoid the NCA battery version of the SR+ and get one from 2021 onwards with the LFP battery, which you can and should be charging to 100% at least once per week... these versions will also have the refresh interior, as well as heat pump, so will be a much more efficient car with a WLTP of 448km as opposed to the 409km WLTP in the original non heat pump SR+ with NCA battery. There was a very short lived version in late 2020 from Fremont with the refresh interior and heat pump, but still with the NCA battery (it's WLTP was 227km), so if you are on the lookout specifically for a LFP battery version SR+ then something to be aware of...

Also though at €30k, you are even getting into LR territory with the much quicker acceleration (and option to boost acceleration even further for a fee). All Long Range & Performance Model 3's have the NCA battery.

Advertisement