Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sln852

I was told that their auditor would not accept anything other than confirmation of the VIN printed on the car chassis and that they've had that conversation with them multiple times.

The other thing i'll mention is that a lot of test centers / personal testing the car will be unfamiliar with them. I was asked to help out so showed them the ropes. How to open it, put it in drive, activate the lights etc.

All the guys i spoke with were super nice, helpful and curious about EVs and aided in the VIN number search.

They also had their own set of jack pucks in house going back on an earlier comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Joni Mitchell

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Luna84

I don't have a Tesla but from the description would you not need to have NFC enabled on the phone for that to work. I cannot see any other logical explanation of how else it works.

I do have NFC enabled. Also phone needs to be unlocked before holding it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

There are occasions my car doesn't detect the phone in my pocket. Most often when I have my work phone in the same pocket. If the car doesn't unlock when I remove the phone from my pocket, I select the door open button from the APP widget. This wakes the car.

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Feel like plastic will just pop off and alloy gets curbed anyway? Anyone using them successfully?

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Gave them a ring, said they have a tool that clicks once it's tight enough and it's around 140NM. I don't really know anything about this, you think it's worth having it readjusted?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I don't think, They 100% need to be tightened up to 175NM as per Tesla recommendation..

Thy used a torque wrench (the tool that clicks), but they only set it to 140NM, so I'd get back there as soon as you can and ask them to torque up to 175NM

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

I've been browsing used M3's as one of my shortlists for upgrading the Leaf towards the end of the year. Preferably a LR as I've a 450km round trip every few weeks and I've no work charging, but availability of these seems to be quite short. And there seems to be no Certified Pre-Owned stock at all on the official Tesla site?

In any case I'll need more time to build up the budget. But it'd be fantastic if by the time I'm ready to switch, used LR's dropped to an average of what Cumiskeys are asking for this:

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/tesla/model-3/fpa/3555125?journey=DealerStockList

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Don’t limit yourself to a LR because of a drive you do every few weeks…. (Even in winter a LR will struggle to do that if it involves a lot of motorway driving)

Charging infrastructure is getting better by the day, so the difference from an LR to a RWD might only be 5-10 minutes less at a charger on that route..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Charging infrastructure improvements are also rapidly being diluted by the increased number of EV’s and even PHEV’s using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

Right now upgrading isn't a huge emergency, maybe I'd be as well off waiting until used Highland SR's become available next year? Slight increase in range. If new M3's drop to €40,000 or under, it might even be possible at that stage to buy new.

I know I'd have to read the thread as I'm sure it's been asked and the capabilities repeated and explained many times over, but if an SR could manage the 200km one way (50/50 N Roads and motorway) on a full charge without A/C and heating sacrifices and at speed limits, plus a reasonable amount of charge to spare at either end, it'd be a massive upgrade alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭sk8board

That one might be the cheaper one, but it’s a 3yo car with 86,000, it’s only €12/14k less than a new highland, which is always the problem.

the original buyer of this car probably lost 50% in years years on it, but they new LR prices cost a LOT less than this did new.

theres no availability of secondhand Teslas simply because 19/20/21 owners don’t want to crystallise the loss from the price drops and the only thing 99% of them would consider changing to is another Tesla.

Otherwise why would there be 4,000+ new sales registrations since 192 but only 40 for sale.

“Otherwise why would there be 4,000+ new sales registrations since 192 but only 40 for sale.”

Maybe many of them like their cars ?

Maybe with the consistent updates, they don’t feel like a 4 year old car with no tech updates.

well buyers of all new cars usually ‘like their cars’ - its just that Tesla owners seem less likely to sell theirs, and let’s face it, for Tesla drivers, there are only 2 options to replace it, and they already drive one of them.

of the 40 ads for sale, maybe 10 represent any kind of value. It’s bizarrely low for a country with over 4000 sales.

I think the highland will be seen as a different model and owners of older m3 will start to get out of them and prices will drop.

Does anyone have any experience of having the Tesla mobile service do a tire rotation, brake fluid check and brake caliper service? I was expecting to have to visit the service center but they're saying it's mobile capable.

Here’s a great example:

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/35915323

Firstly, they priced the car as “€40” to get into all the alerts or searches, added one (crap) photo, and then says this:

“Don’t need to sell it, but if I get an offer of €40,350 I’ll sell it to upgrade to a model Y”

I mean, honestly! 🙄🙄🙄

Why even post the ad

Straight forward. They come to you.

Do it in your garden or place of work. The biggest obstacle is the weather. Nothing technically challenging in the above list to be honest.

Plenty of ads like that on DD. ICE and EV. Makes no difference to the fuel source. Idiots are idiots.

• Advertisement

Yes absolutely - but we’re specifically talking about why there are genuinely zero M3’s for sale, maybe 5-10 from over 4,000 registrations.

in this case, it’s another dreamer, who is only thinking of changing to a Y, otherwise they’ll presumably keep the 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I dont see much wrong with the statement itself. He's laying out his stall and telling people not to be giving him low ball offers and wasting time with tyre kickers.... it probably means he doesnt sell it, but sure thats his position... i.e. willing to not sell as he doesnt want to take a massive haircut on a 6mth old car.

This is it. There were posters on here during the week saying they wouldn’t travel to a car unless the price was negotiable. So here’s a seller telling everyone what he wants. Like it or lump it. His/her choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I sold my 192 privately just recently, paid €50k brand new and sold for €26k (probably could have got more but wanted rid of it quick and the timing of the sale couldn't have worked out better for me). I needed something bigger so it had to go, depreciation or not. It was company owned though so definitely took the sting out of the depreciation for me.

I shopped it around dealers and got mostly rubbish quotes ranging from 18.5k - 20k. Tesla actually gave me the best quote on it before Christmas at 23.8k but wouldn't take it because it was company owned and I was buying a new car off them privately. One crowd called pricemycar.net who were supposed to shop it around 100+ dealers for you just told me dealers don't want used EVs right now and they wouldn't even bother trying. Then you see dealers sticking the same 4 year old SR+ Model 3s on the forecourt for €30k+. Who in their right mind would pay that when you can order a brand new one, which is a considerably better car, for €42k?

I was fairly happy to get rid of mine anyway, I knew I couldn't keep it long term and I can only see the value of the early Irish Model 3s dropping considerably lower over the course of the year.

“I can only see the value of the early Irish Model 3s dropping considerably lower over the course of the year.”

Thats fairly obvious though. I could say the same thing about early BMW 520d’s. They will drop in value as they get older.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I agree, to the general public a 2019 M3 "looks" the same as a current one but we all know from MIC late 2021 onwards there is significant difference and the two are now almost incomparable despite appearances

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

yes it’s his car, he has the keys and logbook so he can list it for €100k if he wants - it’s more the fact that it’s a terrible ad, unreasonable price, and we all know it won’t sell in a month of Sundays - and he’s telling us that if you pay this exorbitant price I’ll be able to buy the Tesla I actually wanted all along.

all I’m saying is that this is an example of why there are no Tesla’s for sale, but other owners simply don’t create an ad in the first place :)

As for the 520d ref above, there are probably 500 520d’s for sale, it’s literally the opposite of this Tesla situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

and we all know it won’t sell in a month of Sundays 

mmm… probably won’t sell, but he is chancing his arm, like alot of the dealers are still doing, that he will find a mug who isnt clued in and wants a nearly new Model 3 at short notice.

Another off thing about the ad is that it is listed as a LR but he says it’s SR. It’s a poor ad for sure.

I’d wager though that no-one is buying a tesla that isn’t clued in. I’ve got m3 ads saved for literally months that haven’t sold, and they’re the mildly overpriced ones mostly.

anything sub €28/29k sells quickly, everything else sits there.

once the highland starts landing and people see the list of incremental improvements, the case for “the best value M3 is a new one” will get even stronger, so either prices drop in the 2nd hand market or cars don’t sell, especially if there’s no supply delay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

I'm starting to more and more think that the M3HL may not be so great after all.

The lack of stalks and the speed alert pongs would annoy me. For latter at least it's possible to stop it easily. The headlights seem to be worse than on 2021->, a aspect which is very important to me. That leaves the comfort and noise levels as the remaining major positives.

I kind of like the tightness of the old model now but it could definitely be quieter. On the flipside ours has parking sensors and as the battery seems to be aging well I see no real reason to change. Plus it's paid for so as close to a free ride as it can be really.

Advertisement