Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Intodeep

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Recommendations?

Got my M3P 2021MY done by DND in Cork - fantastic work - highly recommended 😀

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Slaanesh wrote: »
    I'm going to attempt Ceramic Coating myself *gulp*. I've a generally good detailing knowledge and access to a DA polisher.

Have you got sheltered building to let it cure over night?

Ceramic wouldn’t be something I’d be confident in doing myself. If I had sheltered space, maybe.

All the work is in the paint prep and paint correction beforehand.

Recommendations?

Where you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GarvC

Just attempted to transfer the payment to Tesla only to discover the Max AIB let you transfer in one go is 10k! Anyone else have this issue? If so have you just s transferred it across 5 or 6 days in separate transactions? Presume Tesla are fine with receiving the payment in multiple transactions? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Recommendations?
    Gumbo wrote: »
    Where you based?

Looking for recommendations too around south Dublin.

• Advertisement

GarvC wrote: »
    Just attempted to transfer the payment to Tesla only to discover the Max AIB let you transfer in one go is 10k! Anyone else have this issue? If so have you just s transferred it across 5 or 6 days in separate transactions? Presume Tesla are fine with receiving the payment in multiple transactions? Cheers

Yeah same problem with KBC. Just did it over multiple days with RN number as recipient reference. They confirmed they got it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Same following - I assume paint correction is easier/cheaper on a new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Yeah same problem with KBC. Just did it over multiple days with RN number as recipient reference. They confirmed they got it all.

Did they like auto confirm after each payment or did you contact them in the end to say all was payed and ask for confirmation.

Just asking coz I sent the 1st payment and didn't hear anything. It was Friday so I'm not even sure they would have received but yet so not concerned. Was gonna email them mond8 before sen6 further payments

J-W wrote: »
    Did they like auto confirm after each payment or did you contact them in the end to say all was payed and ask for confirmation.

Just asking coz I sent the 1st payment and didn't hear anything. It was Friday so I'm not even sure they would have received but yet so not concerned. Was gonna email them mond8 before sen6 further payments

I emailed them after the first day’s payments and was told they had been received their end. So I did the subsequent transfers and contacted them again on the day after my final transfer and was told they had been received and that she allocated them to my account.

So I suspect there is an automated process but they can also allocate it manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

I emailed them after the first day’s payments and was told they had been received their end. So I did the subsequent transfers and contacted them again on the day after my final transfer and was told they had been received and that she allocated them to my account.

So I suspect there is an automated process but they can also allocate it manually.

Perfect Thanks will do the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 rubber_ducky

Delivery date showing as 12th March for me. Coming to Limerick. Anyone in Limerick (or neighbouring counties) expecting delivery on the same date? Haven't yet been contacted for payment

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Have you got sheltered building to let it cure over night?

Ceramic wouldn’t be something I’d be confident in doing myself. If I had sheltered space, maybe.

All the work is in the paint prep and paint correction beforehand.

Yeah, I have it all planned out. I've a friend with proper big garage with a car lift and all! Hopefully only a single stage polish required.

Slaanesh wrote: »
    Yeah, I have it all planned out. I've a friend with proper big garage with a car lift and all! Hopefully only a single stage polish required.

On a new car, I’d expect that will be sufficient too. I’d love the indoor space to do this to my own cars.

Enjoy doing it.

Recommendations?
    Same following - I assume paint correction is easier/cheaper on a new car.

Marcin in Ceramic Pro Ireland has done a few M3’s in the FB Group.
    JC Autocare in North Dublin.
    Mac Led Auto Detailing.
    Cullen Care Care in North Dublin.

I also know a few lads that do this on their own that would,be as good, if not better than some of the companies out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Marcin in Ceramic Pro Ireland has done a few M3’s in the FB Group.
    JC Autocare in North Dublin.
    Mac Led Auto Detailing.
    Cullen Care Care in North Dublin.

I also know a few lads that do this on their own that would,be as good, if not better than some of the companies out there.

JC Autocare is fully booked till end of April I think. I’m booked in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Sam W

Does anyone know, how much a typical ceramic coating would cost? What are the actual benefits (never done it before) and how long will the effect last?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Sam W wrote: »
    Does anyone know, how much a typical ceramic coating would cost? What are the actual benefits (never done it before) and how long will the effect last?

It’s basically adds a layer of ceramic onto of the paint. This adds a layer of protection. If done properly and you have an aftercare procedure it can last up to 5 years.

JC Autocare is fully booked till end of April I think. I’m booked in there!

Not surprised. Jonathon is very good. He’s gotten himself aligned with a few high end car dealers who get their cars coated before sale. Great position to be in.

It basically adds a layer to the clear coat that has hydrophobic properties.
    This means water beads off, dirt doesn’t stick as easily and the dirt that does stick, washes off substantially easier.

I don’t believe the 5 year hype on the products. A proper full ceramic coating with proper maintenance using the appropriate products for maintenance washing and I think 3/4 years is possible. But that would involve top up spray on sealers that compliment the base coat.

So for example, if I had CQuartz coating, I’d use CarPro Reload as a spray on dealer every other week as a drying aid/top up.

Cost wise, I’ve seen pricing from €500 to €1500. The time is spent paint protection so a new car should be less, but the car needs to cure over night, so this takes up space in workshops so this loss from other business needs to be covered and is reflected in the price I suppose.

Thanks guys. I guess I am just a lazy bone who always takes cars to the auto wash and never bothered these protections.
    Just googled ceramic protection in Dublin and the first result is from Groupon for something like 279 euro. Might give it a try..

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. I guess I am just a lazy bone who always takes cars to the auto wash and never bothered these protections.
    Just googled ceramic protection in Dublin and the first result is from Groupon for something like 279 euro. Might give it a try..

Can you post a link please.

If it sounds too good to be true.......

Can you post a link please.

If it sounds too good to be true.......

https://www.groupon.ie/deals/ceramic-pro-ireland?deal_option=4b7057ec-eb87-4297-8f81-53388ccf2015

That appears to be Ceramic Pro Ireland as mentioned above. I can’t see what exactly your getting as after the Groupon fee is deducted, the retailer gets less.

Marcin has been recommended a few times but I’d love to see what exactly is covered. No mention of paint correction but this may be grand for a new car so that’s fine.

The ad mentions ceramic lite application. This to me is not the full on ceramic coating but more of a ceramic sealant that you’ll get 12 months out or with good maintenance.

^^^^^

Just to add to the above. The bronze package is normally €500 so it’s half price here. It does seem good value to be fair but I’d like more info on the product and exactly what you are getting for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

Is the ceramic coating really worth it? I'd hope the MIC Model 3 will have superior paint compared to Fremont. €500 - €1500 seems a bit mad to be spending on a brand new car.

Is the ceramic coating really worth it? I'd hope the MIC Model 3 will have superior paint compared to Fremont. €500 - €1500 seems a bit mad to be spending on a brand new car.

Ceramic coating goes way beyond Tesla and their paint job.
    I’d get it done if I bought a brand new Lambo, BMW, Audi etc

^^^^^

Just to add to the above. The bronze package is normally €500 so it’s half price here. It does seem good value to be fair but I’d like more info on the product and exactly what you are getting for the money.

This is what they said on the groupon page:
    Bronze package includes: two-year warranty | Ceramic Pro Nano Polish | one layer of Ceramic Pro Light | one layer of Ceramic Pro Rain for all window glasses | one layer of Ceramic Pro Plastic for all plastic rims | one layer of Ceramic Pro 9H on outside of the wheels

I’ve purchased one and going to call them on Monday to check details. My previous experiences with Groupon are not that good to be honest..

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Bronze package includes: two-year warranty | Ceramic Pro Nano Polish | one layer of Ceramic Pro Light | one layer of Ceramic Pro Rain for all window glasses | one layer of Ceramic Pro Plastic for all plastic rims | one layer of Ceramic Pro 9H on outside of the wheels

I’ve purchased one and going to call them on Monday to check details. My previous experiences with Groupon are not that good to be honest..

Do they do tinting do you know? I want to tint the back windows but want somewhere to do both

Do they do tinting do you know? I want to tint the back windows but want somewhere to do both

No I normally know nothing about these things:) only found them because you guys were discussing the ceramic coating here and I just did a google search.

• Advertisement

Groupon are crap but the thing here is that these guys are genuine and well known. So you should be grand. If I was you I’d pay the €25 for the headlight coatings too.

Advertisement