Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭creedp

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Never gets old.

Then take it to a nice back road somewhere. I was up in Monaghan during the week and had to drive aughnacloy (IRL) to Aughnacloy (NI). Made me remember why I enjoyed it. Lovely backroads and sharp handling.

Might have to come up with a reason to visit Aughnacloy🤣

I’m sure there’s similar closer by! I just happened to be up there collecting something. Stupid me went to the Irish location and the Nordie I was buying from was at the UK location. Both of us unaware there were the same names towns on either side of the border but 25km in between them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

It was done under warranty for me. No charge. 222 car

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭brian2614

Would you mind telling me how you went about plz, if possible.Thanks

I reported the issue on the APP. Described the higher road noise from the passenger side of the car and took a photo of the water drip that got into the car during the car wash. They sent a ranger and he adjusted something which solved the issue.

Water should not get into a nearly new car while in the car wash unless some over zealous minimum wager went hell for leather at the seal with a power washer.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭allinthehead

They always give an estimate and ask you to approve it, even if it's covered under warranty.

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DrPsychia

Will you go for the new M3 Ludicrous if it has the rumoured ~600hp?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Rumored to have two motors on the rear

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Conar

Last I saw was just an upgraded rear motor.

I'm hoping it comes in expensive so I don't get the itch.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭brian2614

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭wassie

Dont forget to allow for frequent tyre replacement....

I’ve already stared the Revolut vault savings pot 😂

Current M3P lasted 4 years, 40,934 km. Michelin tyres. And I only had to change them because the rears and inner wear, presumably from bad tracking/alignment. The main body of the Tyre had loads of meat left, at least 4-5mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Interesting to appreciate how design and engineering combine to drive overall quality of the product and the user experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RewrTJqc0wU

Have become a real curmudgeon recently when it comes to agreeing to share data or accept cookies online so just wondering if people accept Teslas data sharing for autopilot, navigation and some other options I can't remember ATM. Must check screen again for full list.

I love and use my tech more than most, but at the same time I'm heavily privacy focused myself and have always tried to maintain a low digital footprint. Boards is it for me as far as social media goes. Its always a compromise for the benefits of using any online/connected service vs privacy, but there are always steps you can take to limit this. First thing I did was put a cover over the internal camera as that creeped me out. Not so much for me, but rather to for my kids privacy. IMHO most peeps don't care about privacy and each to their own as far as I am concerned.

Getting a Tesla was a real quagmire for me as it is an amazing car, but when it comes to privacy, it is a complete data whore. Its highly likely that no other car manufacturer on the planet collects as much data as Tesla. Ive often said, Tesla isnt just a car manufacturer, but they are also a software company - this is something that does distinguish them from traditional manufacturers. BYD would be similar like this also I suspect.

These series of three articles is a couple of years old, but does explain the level of data capture by Tesla quite well if you want to start going down the rabbit-hole!

Thanks @wassie. I was cursing myself yesterday as I had ordered a few things for the car and forgot to include the camera covers!!

Agree completely with your views and must look again at what is the minimum I need to agree to in order to get the benefit from sentry and autopilot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭sk8board

I’ve had a donedeal saved search for “all M3s” for ages and I’ve noticed a really big jump in ads in the past 2-3 weeks, from 45-50 for most of the past 18months, to 73 today ( 1/3 of them private ads) - it probably reflects how many Tesla owners are moving to the highland.

25 ish of the ads are sub €30k. 12 months ago, the only sub €30k m3’s would sell in a heartbeat.

i saved a few nicer ones that were €26k ish a few weeks ago and all still for sale bar one.

Post edited by sk8board on

• Advertisement

There would also be a lot of 3 and 4 year leases ending, so expect a regular supply of company cars coming market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

I've been trying to sell my 6 month old very low mileage Model 3 and have had very little interest. Despite pricing it below all the other 232's and bar one of the 231's (which is very high mileage) at nearly 20% less than new. I thought it would sell in hours!!

Unfortunately it's just too close to the price of a new one for a used car. If I was looking at spending that money, I would know that for a few k more, I would have a M3H with enhanced autopilot after using a referral. You've priced it fairly, but that's how the market is now. Seems that only absolute bargains are moving. I shudder to think of what selling my 18 month old M3 would be like.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Realisticaly reducing price is only factor to generate interest. Most people will take the view that a new Mod 3 can be secured for 4k more and most will consider new refresh superior. Put another way Tesla themselves are offering showroom discounts of approx 10% on older Model 3 ( still new cars). Against this background wrrrhat you have experienced is not unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Second that, I’ve the same searches saved- prices are high, cars are not shifting - nice grey one with white interior photographed out in Deer Park is hovering at €28,500, but it’s a 2020. Newer refresh models appearing only a couple of k more - the 2019/20 cars will have to come down. Zu car whacked 2 up during the week.

Im not quite ready to pull the trigger but will be around summer time - I was lucky enough to have another Boardsie offer me a shout on their 2021 id3 which I would have taken only it’s a 145hp. So now il hold out for a summer m3- @Paul Kiernan best of luck on sale- here is a good place to advertise it given the genuine interest of posters-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭sk8board

As someone who is looking to buy an M3, I think it’s also bit of a catch 22 when it comes to nearly new cars - someone who has €35k (e.g) cash to show up on the driveway and buy it, will have €42k to buy a new one - and the person without that amount of cash to spend will want to finance from a main dealer rather than a high interest car loan from the bank.

as others have said, the price gap to a new one is just too close

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Folks,

I'm hoping someone can sort me out here. Maths is not my thing!

I've looked at online calculators and I'm trying to work out a weekly cost for electricity on a Tesla M3 RWD if you drive approx 250kms per week. It's so I can can an electricity credit at work rather than a fuel allowance.

I'm aware that the electricity plan that you are on is a factor but if we take an average plan (15c per KW at night?) as a guide, is it 57.5 x 15c = €8.62 for roughly 300kms?

Thanks for any replies!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

if it's non motorway driving, assume around 150Wh/km, so 250km would use about 37.5kWh per week, but factoring in charging losses, you could probably call it an even 40kWh-42kWh.. so at 15c per kWh, it would be around €6 - €6.30 per week.

150Wh/km would be a conservative enough guess as you'll do better in summer, and worse in winter. My lifetime average on my 2020 SR+ (not as efficient as newer versions) is 145Wh/km.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

your math probably doesn't work because of mixing up the units

Energy kWh

Power kW

Consumption kWh/100km

Now assuming 17 kWh/100 km for 250km the energy consumed is 17*2.5 = 42.5 kWh. Multiply by your price =>6.38 quid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Thanks for replies, really appreciated.

So it is just under €7 per week to charge the car to do about 250kms? That's very good!

Advertisement