Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Do they do tinting do you know? I want to tint the back windows but want somewhere to do both

Not many places do both to be honest.

Tinting can be done separately by We Tint on long mile road, there’s also a place near the SC in Sandyford called Tint It.

I’d get the tints done first. Then a few weeks later the coating.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Gumbo wrote: »
    Ceramic coating goes way beyond Tesla and their paint job.
    I’d get it done if I bought a brand new Lambo, BMW, Audi etc

Looked up ceramic pro ireland. Unbelievable work. Still crazy money, would possibly consider the entry level offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Gumbo wrote: »
    Not many places do both to be honest.

Tinting can be done separately by We Tint on long mile road, there’s also a place near the SC in Sandyford called Tint It.

I’d get the tints done first. Then a few weeks later the coating.

Thanks Gumbo and all the regulars I have your heads wrecked trying to avoid taking time off and spending too much it’s easy get carried away

• Registered Users Posts: 15 StephenCahill

Hey guys, apologies if this has been covered or in the wrong thread but couldn't find any info the last 2 days.

Looking to get M3LR on a lease. Being self-employed can this be claimed against tax for the next few years? Looking for people who are in a similar position and have gone through it already.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Looked up ceramic pro ireland. Unbelievable work. Still crazy money, would possibly consider the entry level offering.

Yeah if a car is just A to B for you then it may not be something your into. If your into cars, wash them yourself etc it’s something to consider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

So apparently the new Chinese Model 3 Performance, with the new old battery type :pac:, is slower than the new LR or old Performance, unless the battery is in a small temp/SoC window, possibly above 65%.

0-60 drops precipitously below 20% SoC, it can take as long as 16 seconds :eek:.

Not good TBH & no doubt, Elon will again address this with a future software update :rolleyes:.

Model 3 Performance (only in restricted, limited conditions :P).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,937 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I saw Bjorn's video on the MY21 M3P, and even the non Chinese variant but with the new battery chemistry is much slower than the "classic" model 3 performance

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

Good video here about the SR+ with the LFP batteries.
    It's long but if you watch from about the 46th minute you will get the jist of it.
    In summary he's not raving about it.

https://youtu.be/9N05pHUymtM

Dozz wrote: »

Not too bad.....

“That means you may sometimes think you still have 14 percent of the range, but you are close to zero.”

Errrtthhh

• Advertisement

In better news - I got a delivery date 10/03

I’ll be watching closely for comments form others with delivery on the 6th and 8th

Would “paint protection film” be considered a good way to go? Any pros cons?

I’ll be watching closely for comment form others with delivery on the 6th and 8th

Which model? I just got the request for payment today

And another question...
    I just want to make sure I don’t mess this up.
    I’m trying to tint the back door windows and back window - I can’t seem to get my point across re back window - I am being told this can’t be done in one piece (covering top) - can you stop where the roof gets darker or what have others done? Thanks all

Which model? I just got the request for payment today

Blue SR+

Blue SR+

Any thoughts on the LFP batteries?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Seth!

Would “paint protection film” be considered a good way to go? Any pros cons?

Just to have some numbers for you. XPEL full body wil be around EUR 6.5k however I would say yes.

Any thoughts on the LFP batteries?

I read your summary link seemed to be indicating more of a visual reporting issue - and temp issue all of which I’m not too worried about but I will stress my car won’t get much use and when it does it will be short journeys - so not overly concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

I’ll be watching closely for comments form others with delivery on the 6th and 8th

I see my account has been updated to show my address and says a Tesla advisor will be in touch to arrange delivery, nothing as of yet. Maybe tomorrow.

I see my account has been updated to show my address and says a Tesla advisor will be in touch to arrange delivery, nothing as of yet. Maybe tomorrow.[/quote

If you fully paid it’s on your account - thanks to AndyBoBandy for that one.

• Advertisement

I see my account has been updated to show my address and says a Tesla advisor will be in touch to arrange delivery, nothing as of yet. Maybe tomorrow.[/quote

As soon as you fully pay it appears on your account - thanks to AndyBoBandy for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Is this how they're delivering now?

It didn't look like it'd fit on the trailer - fair play, that's precision :D.

LMTNdDd.jpg

:P.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Stay safe out there folks;

Jaysus...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Stay safe out there folks;

No Winter Tyres.... oh man.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

I have a delivery date of the 9th of March now..... finally a date....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I just got emailed mine, 6th of March. Woohoo!

Are people getting delivery dates after paying for the car? I've nothing yet. Ordered in October

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

Are people getting delivery dates after paying for the car? I've nothing yet. Ordered in October

I haven’t been asked for payment. I have a slot since last Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Ive emailed them asking for the date. I haven't paid yet or been asked to pay yet.

Advertisement