Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

Update. Provisionally the 5th of March :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Slaanesh wrote: »
    I just got emailed mine, 6th of March. Woohoo!

Who’ll get it first on the 6th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

Mine's at 1pm. There has to be a couple more in the morning.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Sam W wrote: »
    Mine's at 1pm. There has to be a couple more in the morning.

I'm still waiting for the official SMS, I got the date via email.

So they give a time too in the SMS?

My date and time shows in my Tesla account. Got a text too a couple days after it showed in the account.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I wonder which of you will end up gutted if (when) they push your delivery date back a week, like what happened me and a few others last March!!

I wonder which of you will end up gutted if (when) they push your delivery date back a week, like what happened me and a few others last March!!

Hopefully not! The ship is expected in Southampton 2 days earlier than planned on the 16th Feb so should be ample time to have them sorted for 5/6th March

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Provisional date of 5th of March from their chat but no official confirmation by email or text yet...

No my SMS just has the date. No time.
    I found my time under my booking details on their website.

On a separate topic, does anyone have recommendations for insurance?

I currently use Zurich, which has a blanket ban on insuring Tesla. It means I would have to cancel my insurance with them and find a different one in time.

Does anyone know how that affects the NCB? I normally receive my renewal notice in March for renewal in April. Would I lose almost a year’s NCB if I have to cancel my policy in March for the new car?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

On a separate topic, does anyone have recommendations for insurance?

I currently use Zurich, which has a blanket ban on insuring Tesla. It means I would have to cancel my insurance with them and find a different one in time.

Does anyone know how that affects the NCB? I normally receive my renewal notice in March for renewal in April. Would I lose almost a year’s NCB if I have to cancel my policy in March for the new car?

When is the car due?
    Just wait for your renewal price to come as it will have your NCB attached to it. You should be receiving this 2-4 weeks before renewal date.

In the mean time, ring around all other insurers quoting your new car and the renewal date is the date of collection including the new NCB anyway.

How many years NCB do you have? Above 5ish, it doesn’t matter if you have 12 or 14.

Gumbo wrote: »
    When is the car due?
    Just wait for your renewal price to come as it will have your NCB attached to it. You should be receiving this 2-4 weeks before renewal date.

In the mean time, ring around all other insurers quoting your new car and the renewal date is the date of collection including the new NCB anyway.

How many years NCB do you have? Above 5ish, it doesn’t matter if you have 12 or 14.

I will have 5 years NCB when it's due this April, so presumably I might get the renewal notice at some time in March.

There's a huge difference between 4 and 5 years of NCB. I checked around 10 major insurers here and only 1 of them offered a quote with 4 years of NCB for a 50K euro car. When I change the NCB to 5 years, all of them offered a quote (plus they are much cheaper).

I'm just probably just worrying about nothing, but some insurers would ask when your current cover ends, and they won't start a new one before the previous one ends. If I terminate my cover with Zurich early, I would most likely get a 4 year NCB instead of 5.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I will have 5 years NCB when it's due this April, so presumably I might get the renewal notice at some time in March.

There's a huge difference between 4 and 5 years of NCB. I checked around 10 major insurers here and only 1 of them offered a quote with 4 years of NCB for a 50K euro car. When I change the NCB to 5 years, all of them offered a quote (plus they are much cheaper).

I'm just probably just worrying about nothing, but some insurers would ask when your current cover ends, and they won't start a new one before the previous one ends. If I terminate my cover with Zurich early, I would most likely get a 4 year NCB instead of 5.

Yeah unfortunately your right on the line where NCB makes a difference here so timing will be key.

Do you have any professional affiliation groups?
    My insurance on the MSP with Allianz through Marsh (formally JLT) was only €236 this year. Only renewed it yesterday for 1st March. It’s a work affiliation scheme so you may have some access to some through work or a professional membership like engineers Ireland or similar?

Gumbo wrote: »
    Yeah unfortunately your right on the line where NCB makes a difference here so timing will be key.

Do you have any professional affiliation groups?
    My insurance on the MSP with Allianz through Marsh (formally JLT) was only €236 this year. Only renewed it yesterday for 1st March. It’s a work affiliation scheme so you may have some access to some through work or a professional membership like engineers Ireland or similar?

Our company offers every kind of insurance (life, health, pension, mortgage protection etc) except for car insurance...

I guess worst scenarios I can just leave the car on my doorstep for a few weeks before trying it out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

What bhp is the SR+?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

VAT returns to normal at the end of this month!!!

Get those payments done lads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Dozz wrote: »
    What bhp is the SR+?

241bhp according to parkers.
    On just a quick internet search the number varies.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Provisional date of 5th of March from their chat but no official confirmation by email or text yet...

5th of March confirmed by email. Might book the day off work.

Saw that on the news. Didn’t expect that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mundogas

Saw mention somewhere that acceleration boost isn't available in Ireland. Anyone know if this is the case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Next month somehow an extra month was given ..

Next month somehow an extra month was given ..

Where did you see that? RTÉ and Irish Times both said today that there’s no extension.

Where did you see that? RTÉ and Irish Times both said today that there’s no extension.

It was meant to be end of Feb but it’s the end of March unless I’m confused

It was meant to be end of Feb but it’s the end of March unless I’m confused

You’re right according to Indo:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/shoppers-to-be-hit-with-increased-prices-as-finance-minister-confirms-vat-will-rise-by-2pc-at-end-of-march-40070981.html

Yea thought that was why we were paying before end of month I expected it to be extended but eh saved a grand

Oh no that’s wrong. I bet they will correct it very soon.

All other news agents and Gov.ie all have it as the end of Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

I guess worst scenarios I can just leave the car on my doorstep for a few weeks before trying it out :(

I really wouldn't advise leaving your brand new, €50k car, uninsured, even sitting on your driveway. If it was stolen, or caught fire, or was vandalised etc., you'd be in a world of hurt.

I'd suggest asking Tesla to hold on to it for the few weeks, until you have fire/theft/comprehensive cover in place.

Well wear BTW :).

Kramer wrote: »
    I really wouldn't advise leaving your brand new, €50k car, uninsured, even sitting on your driveway. If it was stolen, or caught fire, or was vandalised etc., you'd be in a world of hurt.

I'd suggest asking Tesla to hold on to it for the few weeks, until you have fire/theft/comprehensive cover in place.

Well wear BTW :).

Yeah you are right. I'm going to call a few insurers over the phone and just mention to them that the NCB cert won't come until right before the new policy is in place, and ask them if they are going to accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rg_lv

How much does the LR and MP3 increase by after the VAT goes back to 23%?

• Advertisement

Government robbers, that's all they are, they can't see that the cheaper things are the more People will spend and the more they will make without having to be so greedy.

There's no justification for being so god damn greedy.

Advertisement