Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

rg_lv wrote: »
    How much does the LR and MP3 increase by after the VAT goes back to 23%?

2% :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

So it looks like GLOVIS CENTURY is heading straight to SOUTHAMPTON (ETA 16th of Feb) now. I thought it was going to be going to Zeebrugge, then a vessel straight to Rosslare. Guess that's not happening now...

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

How much does the LR and MP3 increase by after the VAT goes back to 23%?

Say for a car of 60K: 60K / 1.21 * 1.23 = 60.99K
    So a difference of around 1K

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

So it looks like GLOVIS CENTURY is heading straight to SOUTHAMPTON (ETA 16th of Feb) now. I thought it was going to be going to Zeebrugge, then a vessel straight to Rosslare. Guess that's not happening now...

Is that a Brexit thing I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Will Brexit cause issues I wonder - maybe that’s why they have allowed a lot of time between arrival and delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Government robbers, that's all they are, they can't see that the cheaper things are the more People will spend and the more they will make without having to be so greedy.

There's no justification for being so god damn greedy.

Someone’s got to pay the taxes they do not charge the multinationals!

To be fair it was reduced for a known window to allow people to take advantage- no surprise really that it has now gone back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

mouthful wrote: »

To be fair it was reduced for a known window to allow people to take advantage- no surprise really that it has now gone back up.

That's just not true. Multinationals make up about 15% of overall tax receipts (in just Corporation Tax alone). Nevermind the contribution from the PAYE side/VAT side which doesn't get tracked by Revenue.

As an economy, we are much too over-reliant on MNCs - but we do have to appreciate that they are currently of benefit to us.

mouthful wrote: »

It's the squandering of tax money that really bugs me.

That's just not true. Multinationals make up about 15% of overall tax receipts (in just Corporation Tax alone). Nevermind the contribution from the PAYE side/VAT side which doesn't get tracked by Revenue.

As an economy, we are much too over-reliant on MNCs - but we do have to appreciate that they are currently of benefit to us.

Multinationals pay very little tax that's well known internationally as Ireland is classed as a tax haven, there's 20 Billion Apple have paid that's held somewhere as the Irish Government Fools refuse to take it for fear off offending them, you couldn't make up half the Sh1t that goes on in this Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Will Brexit cause issues I wonder - maybe that’s why they have allowed a lot of time between arrival and delivery

Yep I suspect this is why they are giving themselves a 3 week buffer.

However, with the first home deliveries seemingly starting on the 5th March, I wonder is it that they are waiting for the current period of lockdown to lapse. The 5th is when current restrictions are planned to end. Therefore could well be that the cars are just sitting in Sandyford for 2 weeks :(

• Advertisement

Yep I suspect this is why they are giving themselves a 3 week buffer.

However, with the first home deliveries seemingly starting on the 5th March, I wonder is it that they are waiting for the current period of lockdown to lapse. The 5th is when current restrictions are planned to end. Therefore could well be that the cars are just sitting in Sandyford for 2 weeks :(

I wonder is it Sandyford- will they fit them all - I’m just around the corner I’ll scout it out and report back when the boat arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

I wonder how 6 more weeks of lockdown is going to affect delivery...

Aph2016 wrote: »
    I wonder how 6 more weeks of lockdown is going to affect delivery...

Car deliveries are allowed under current lockdown restrictions, as is collection of orders which pre-dated the lockdown. So all should be fine for deliveries

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Car deliveries are allowed under current lockdown restrictions, as is collection of orders which pre-dated the lockdown. So all should be fine for deliveries

O dear, not all will be fine so, been posts here by folk ordered during current lockdown

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    O dear, not all will be fine so, been posts here by folk ordered during current lockdown

Yeah but as I understand it those orders are fine for delivery, just not collection (which Tesla aren’t doing anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Not been smart . Is that writing down on a list of rules somewhere. Would like to read it.
    Any idea if it's legal for me to deliver my current car to it's buyer ? Probably not

J-W wrote: »
    Not been smart . Is that writing down on a list of rules somewhere. Would like to read it.
    Any idea if it's legal for me to deliver my current car to it's buyer ? Probably not

Car dealership around the corner from me has it all on posters in their window which is where I got the info. I’ll take a pic when I’m out walking later and post it.

Car dealership around the corner from me has it all on posters in their window which is where I got the info. I’ll take a pic when I’m out walking later and post it.

542997.jpeg

Finally got a delivery date. 9th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

J-W wrote: »
    Finally got a delivery date. 9th :)

Got the confirmation text today. Anyone have any idea of how this delivery is going to go down? Back of a transporter or staff member drives it out to you for handover?

• Advertisement

There was a post on the Tesla FB with the same question. In typical tesla fashion who knows.
    Some folk got their cars driven to them by Tesla staff ( all the way to Cork) . Some had them delivered on a single car flat bed recovery vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rg_lv

Got my Vin - 5YJ
    Made in freemount
    so they must be getting some from USA

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Got my Vin - 5YJ
    Made in freemount
    so they must be getting some from USA

What M3 did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rg_lv

What M3 did you order?

Switched from M3P to LR 3days ago

Interesting I had heard that the next delivery may be from both locations but not this batch

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Good move, you won't regret that

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Vinnymcdonnell

I got the M3P, it’s entertaining at the traffic lights to be fair but range is not good. If I was to go back, would get LR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

I got the M3P, it’s entertaining at the traffic lights to be fair but range is not good. If I was to go back, would get LR

I'm not so sure there is that much difference in range, more driving style?
    If you are hammering the SR+ / LR or P at traffic lights you will put a dent in the range :D

I think given how fast the LR is, you would REALLY want to want them wheels to pay the premium!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Intodeep

jusmeig wrote: »
    I'm not so sure there is that much difference in range, more driving style?
    If you are hammering the SR+ / LR or P at traffic lights you will put a dent in the range :D

I think given how fast the LR is, you would REALLY want to want them wheels to pay the premium!

Don’t forget the track mode which allows you adjust the balance of the car and gives you a drift mode! Better brakes and lowered suspension too!

• Advertisement

Anyone any idea if the mudflap kit comes installed on new deliveries ,in the boot or included at all ?

Wondering if I have to crawl under a 50k car on delivery day to attach them ( ridiculous)

Advertisement