Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mobyduck

I may consult Twitter before installing any future updates ...
    Thankfully I haven’t been offered the update yet, as I needed 2 essential eCars fast charges last week in Cork!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I got a repeat text but it was slightly different.

The first one was with the date and address for delivery.

The second one was date/address but also that a Tesla advisor would contact in the coming days to assist with final delivery preparations.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

Just confirmed with Tesla Dublin that they will have a staff who will drive the car to us on the delivery day, and drive the trade-in car away.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Sam W wrote: »
    Just confirmed with Tesla Dublin that they will have a staff who will drive the car to us on the delivery day, and drive the trade-in car away.

Cheers Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Disappointing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

I’ve no trade in so the poor guy will probably be stuck walking back to Sandyford :D

J-W wrote: »
    Disappointing

How so?

That's really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

How so?

I presume potential chips, dirt and mileage if your a long way away

I wonder is it too late to do a trade in feeling lazy trying to offload an old car

• Advertisement

I wonder is it too late to do a trade in feeling lazy trying to offload an old car

Try this guy, his name is Eoghan:

https://www.usedcarbuyer.ie/

Collected my car from me and had all money transferred the day before.

Try this guy, his name is Eoghan:

https://www.usedcarbuyer.ie/

Collected my car from me and had all money transferred the day before.

Thanks Wayne

I guess they would have to have some way transporting the vehicle further away. Can't imagine it being driven to Cork. Plus people may not have a trade-in vehicle at all. It might be just for those who live in Dublin and/or have a trade-in vehicle. Who knows..

Ya I have it booked in for ceramic the day after delivery. Was even holding myself back from driving it bar like a little half HR drive around my place.
    Now it gonna have 150k on it before I even get my hands on it . With the road dirt

If you get the test drive car from a showroom there's a discount as someone else has been driving your "new"car and it has extra k's on it before you get it . Same thing

If you get the test drive car from a showroom there's a discount as someone else has been driving your "new"car and it has extra k's on it before you get it . Same thing

Not even remotely the same thing as getting a demo car!

But I suppose you could refuse home delivery and just wait till you can collect it?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

So I guess cars that don’t have a trade in will be flatbed delivery?

Ya I have it booked in for ceramic the day after delivery. Was even holding myself back from driving it bar like a little half HR drive around my place.
    Now it gonna have 150k on it before I even get my hands on it . With the road dirt
    So I guess cars that don’t have a trade in will be flatbed delivery?

Call them tomorrow and ask about the delivery plan. My home is about 30 min drive from them, and I'm already a bit concerned about the drive. Maybe it's just for people in Dublin with a trade-in car.
    I don't even think their staff themselves would fancy a 300k round trip or take public transport if there's no trade-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Call them tomorrow and ask about the delivery plan. My home is about 30 min drive from them, and I'm already a bit concerned about the drive. Maybe it's just for people in Dublin with a trade-in car.
    I don't even think their staff themselves would fancy a 300k round trip or take public transport if there's no trade-in.

Yea think I’ll call them tomorrow

I just had a look at the source code in my Tesla account, and found that they've just reduced my trade-in value by a grand this evening. (The trade-in value was correct this morning when I checked.) Not big money but I'm proper pissed that they can just do this after all payments are taken and confirmed...

I just had a look at the source code in my Tesla account, and found that they've just reduced my trade-in value by a grand this evening. (The trade-in value was correct this morning when I checked.) Not big money but I'm proper pissed that they can just do this after all payments are taken and confirmed...

That sucks . Had ye agreed on a price or was it in limbo ? . Pull the traid in and sell it privately.
    There were posts on here ( or maybe the Facebook page) with contacts for people / company's that will take the car off you and sell it themselves. If you don't want the hassle of a person to person sale .

• Advertisement

Anyone considering the acceleration boost? €2000 for half a second quicker. Tempting...

That sucks . Had ye agreed on a price or was it in limbo ? . Pull the traid in and sell it privately.
    There were posts on here ( or maybe the Facebook page) with contacts for people / company's that will take the car off you and sell it themselves. If you don't want the hassle of a person to person sale .

I still want an explanation from them before I proceed. I don’t know if it’s legally binding for either party. They literally emailed me last week saying the trade in value is X and you should now pay Y. After I paid the money, they sent me another email saying all payments are received and the vehicle will be registered. Now it took a grand off the ‘TradeInValue’ and moved that balance to ‘BalanceAtDelivery’.

I still want an explanation from them before I proceed. I don’t know if it’s legally binding for either party. They literally emailed me last week saying the trade in value is X and you should now pay Y. After I paid the money, they sent me another email saying all payments are received and the vehicle will be registered. Now it took a grand off the ‘TradeInValue’ and moved that balance to ‘BalanceAtDelivery’.

That would really be unacceptable, I would probably cancel the car, give them the benefit of the doubt and call to try and clear up. Can't imagine they'd be that stupid.

To be fair, I knew that my trade-in offer would expire this month.

I even emailed them directly asking when I will know the new trade-in offer price would be, so I can decide whether I want to do a trade-in or sell it to someone else.

I got the reply below on the next day:
    We will keep your current offer as it is.

I have attached our bank details so you can make your final payment VIA bank transfer. Please make sure to use your RN as a payment reference and forward a proof of payment over to me once processed.

Deposit: € 100
    Trade-in: € xxx
    Finance Lending: € xxx
    Payment Due: € xxx

They subsequently confirmed the payment has been received in full and the car will be registered this week. I can't really accept that they want to change the price now, and especially over the fact that they unilaterally change the price without telling me and simply mark the balance as balance on delivery... Imagine someone comes over to your house and asks you to give them a grand out of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rg_lv

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Anyone considering the acceleration boost? €2000 for half a second quicker. Tempting...

I though this was not available in Ireland, Was it always available?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

rg_lv wrote: »
    I though this was not available in Ireland, Was it always available?

It has never been available in Ireland AFAIK.

I believe that it's linked to specific motor part numbers used on some of the early Model 3 LRs, which (I'm speculating) either didn't make it to Ireland at all, or not in sufficient numbers for Tesla to bother offering the option.

Later LRs didn't have the right motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 driver123

Asked a few questions today, and got this reply. Might be useful to some.
    • The car is being delivered to your nominated address on 8th March 2021 - if you have not done so already please advised accordingly.
    • We have a VIN number assigned but this may change once the car lands in Ireland after we complete our post transit checks. Once confirmed, we will make you aware of this and registration plate
    • The car will be delivered by our courier on a transporter - you will receive a link on the day once the car is collected from site and you'll be able to track that on its way to you
    • You will be able to inspect the vehicle before signing to say that you have received, and you are ok with the condition it has arrived in.
    • ou purchase the car from our inventory, but that was from the ones that were going to be available for purchase in Ireland. It is currently on route to Southampton and then from there it will get shipped up to Dublin for delivery into the Irish market.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mobyduck

Explains why I have never seen it offered in the Upgrades section of the app for my LR (late 2019). Where it has been offered, I heard it can be cancelled within 48 hours for refund. Would make for a fun “free” weekend :)
    Lumen wrote: »
    It has never been available in Ireland AFAIK.

I believe that it's linked to specific motor part numbers used on some of the early Model 3 LRs, which (I'm speculating) either didn't make it to Ireland at all, or not in sufficient numbers for Tesla to bother offering the option.

Later LRs didn't have the right motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sattwa06

Hi, I'd appreciate any guidance the group could give me :

I am about to purchase a new Tesla 3 (basic model) through my company. I have spoken with our broker who has sought quotes on my behalf. One insurance company wouldn't quote and the other has quoted over €2k.
    They have rated it at the highest rating.

I have very little time for car insurers and if I used the descriptors that I would like to use, I'd be banned off the board. :mad:

Has anyone any experience with this that they would be kind enough to share ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

I was in the same boat as your self, we got our tesla ( company car) insured through EV insurance ( powers in limerick, with liberty) fully comp & managed to get our private NCB to be used for roughly 560 euro a year, also make sure you use a referral link ( i can send you mine if you need one:)) when buying your car to get the 1500km free supercharging

Advertisement