Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Registered in February, means you have to pay tax for the month of February.....

So tax will only be until January 31st 2022 (if you tax for the full year)

Ok I guessed that so only a few dollars nothing too bad thanks guys

So once a Reg is available we can organise tax and insurance ? Sorry it’s been 11 years since I bought my last car so just checking that tax on current car stays with that car so I just put through for tax on new car on motortax.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

So once a Reg is available we can organise tax and insurance ? Sorry it’s been 11 years since I bought my last car so just checking that tax on current car stays with that car so I just put through for tax on new car on motortax.ie

Yup! I’m insuring for the date of delivery and Tax for the month of March onwards

Yup! I’m insuring for the date of delivery and Tax for the month of March onwards

Thanks indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Got my reg :D

But they’ve entered the wrong house number on it :confused: Must have been a typo as the address is correct in my account as is the delivery address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

But they’ve entered the wrong house number on it :confused:

I'd love to be your neighbour on delivery day!
    "Hi Mr. Kramer, here's your new Tesla. The keycards are in it, enjoy".

:D.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

But they’ve entered the wrong house number on it :confused: Must have been a typo as the address is correct in my account as is the delivery address

Nice one! Was it email or text?

Slaanesh wrote: »
    Nice one! Was it email or text?

Neither - just logged into my account and the registration document was there

Switched my insurance over and got a €35 refund! Tesla starting to pay for itself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mobyduck

Neither - just logged into my account and the registration document was there

Switched my insurance over and got a €35 refund! Tesla starting to pay for itself ;)

Nice. I had similar pleasant surprise when switching insurance over to second hand 2019 LR a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Intodeep

2021 M3P on the Dyno 523hp at the wheels!
    https://youtu.be/WO7bTdAirKY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Bobjs

It looks like the Glovis Century emptied all the cars in Southampton. It’s not heading for Ireland.

Bobjs wrote: »
    It looks like the Glovis Century emptied all the cars in Southampton. It’s not heading for Ireland.

It never was. Cars getting to Ireland on another boat or by road.

It never was. Cars getting to Ireland on another boat or by road.
    When do you think they’ll arrive?

Bobjs wrote: »
    When do you think they’ll arrive?

Hard to say. First deliveries are scheduled for 2 weeks from now. You’d think it wouldn’t take that long to bring them across the Irish Sea, but the big unknown is the delay Brexit will have on the importation.

Think you have to pay tax for February too as the car has been registered in February. Tax is due from the first of the month of registration. If you leave it until March to tax it you’ll be charged arrears.

All in all it’s an extra €12 but worth it for the VAT saving!

Think you have to pay tax for February too as the car has been registered in February. Tax is due from the first of the month of registration. If you leave it until March to tax it you’ll be charged arrears.

All in all it’s an extra €12 but worth it for the VAT saving!

Not if you declare it off the road for the month of February ;) - government get enough of my hard earned money!

Not if you declare it off the road for the month of February ;) - government get enough of my hard earned money!

Ha fair enough, but trip to Garda station and paperwork too much of a pain for me. Fair play for doing it out of principle!

Good posts over on:

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/5347660/

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/5347752/

Seems chassis numbers 163000 to 165000 came in on Glovis Century.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Vinnymcdonnell

Ha fair enough, but trip to Garda station and paperwork too much of a pain for me. Fair play for doing it out of principle!

You do it online, motortax.ie and instead of taxing it just declare it off the road for the month

You do it online, motortax.ie and instead of taxing it just declare it off the road for the month

Ah brill, didn’t know this. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Good posts over on:

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/5347660/

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/5347752/

Seems chassis numbers 163000 to 165000 came in on Glovis Century.

I'm after 165000. Thought it was on Glovis Century.

Aph2016 wrote: »
    I'm after 165000. Thought it was on Glovis Century.
    You might still be in luck. I have a +165 VIN too. They spotted higher VINs on this shipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

You should be able to correct it when you pay your first tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

Sam W wrote: »

A bit more information on this Ceramic Pro. They have apparently moved to Athy. That's a huge deterrent for me. Even without lockdown, it's hard for most of people to drive up there and leave their car there for 3 days.

Sam W wrote: »
    A bit more information on this Ceramic Pro. They have apparently moved to Athy. That's a huge deterrent for me. Even without lockdown, it's hard for most of people to drive up there and leave their car there for 3 days.

Well they should change their address on Groupon!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

Tesla won't let me collect my car from their H.Q. so I asked if I could get it delivered to my in-laws house just down the road. No to that as well. They will drive the car to my house for delivery with about an hour's notice... I don't know how I feel about someone else driving my car...

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Dozz wrote: »
    Tesla won't let me collect my car from their H.Q. so I asked if I could get it delivered to my in-laws house just down the road. No to that as well. They will drive the car to my house for delivery with about an hour's notice... I don't know how I feel about someone else driving my car...

That is atrocious customer service. Your been completely accommodating and reasonable.
    I was planning on asking could I collect as I too don't want any miles on my new car

J-W wrote: »
    That is atrocious customer service. Your been completely accommodating and reasonable.
    I was planning on asking could I collect as I too don't want any miles on my new car

If you do ask about it can you let me know what they say to you. I can understand to a certain extent with Covid. But correct me if I'm wrong but can I still organise a test drive??

I've been told mine is getting delivered on a flatbed :)

• Advertisement

I've been told mine is getting delivered on a flatbed :)

Can I ask what part of the country you are in 403?
    I asked about that too but was told that I was close to Dublin so it will be delivered by a driver

Advertisement