Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I would ignore anything sent to you by live chat or from a SC. They are clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dozz

Gumbo wrote: »
    Very possible. I only charge to 100% in my MSP when given the chance (Work etc) so it wouldn't be that often.

In the App, there is still a definitive line at 90% so maybe a 2021 Refresh Owner can confirm if this is still the case in their app.

Hi Gumbo
    It has something to do with the cell chemistry. Apparently it's better for these batteries to charge to 100% and I believe they can handle a lot more charge cycles. In theory the battery pack should outlast the lifetime of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

I think the LFP battery in the MIC M3 SR+ can be charged to 100% all the time. Thats whats been said at the moment. Now I don't know if thats due to the battery management system needing to be calibrated as were the suggestions. The LFP battery car drivers are the Tesla Beta Testers!

Here in Germany the LFP Riders are known as the Canaries :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Sam W

Tesla China’s official advice on Model 3 SR+ with LFP (retrieved on Oct 2020):

You do not need to consider the limitation. Just charge to full.

There is no longer an option in the charge setting page for daily use/longer drives.

We recommend that you charge your battery to 100% at least once a week. This helps balance the voltage between batteries, and helps the car in accurately estimating and predicting the remaining battery as time passes.

Just curious - is there anyone with a delivery date of March who hasn’t received a registration number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Sam W wrote: »
    Just curious - is there anyone with a delivery date of March who hasn’t received a registration number?

I was worried myself. Mine only came through yesterday evening ,had checked a few times during the day. Check your account. I got no email or txt. Checked my account about 10 last night and it was there

J-W wrote: »
    I was worried myself. Mine only came through yesterday evening ,had checked a few times during the day. Check your account. I got no email or txt. Checked my account about 10 last night and it was there

Same as. No text/email, nothing. Logged into my account and it was there.

I log into my account like 20 times a day :) No unfortunately there's nothing there. Emailed them 3 times in the last week but haven't got any reply at all.

I log into my account like 20 times a day :) No unfortunately there's nothing there. Emailed them 3 times in the last week but haven't got any reply at all.

Deffo nothing directly under the Booking Invoice on the bottom right hand side?

Dozz wrote: »
    Deffo nothing directly under the Booking Invoice on the bottom right hand side?

No. Only the initial 100 euro deposit invoice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

No Reg for me looking on mobile site
    Got a delivery date that was the last I heard

From FB group it looks like you might end up paying tax arrears for Jan Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Just Feb as that's the month it will be registered in for the VAT savings.

You have 21 days from the registration date to declare your car off the road, so that won’t be an issue. Plus the arrear is just 12 euro or so.

I’d be much much more worried if they didn’t register my car before the end of Feb (which is essentially today and tomorrow). You would have to pay an extra thousand euro or so due to the tax rate change.

Yea only a few bucks but may not be the case for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Finally got around to fitting the mud flaps there (because it's not freezing or pi$$ing rain!!!).

Handy enough and job done in less than 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭decp

I got a mid March delivery date and on the final invoice it has a license plate but its not Irish (GN** *UV)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

decp wrote: »
    I got a mid March delivery date and on the final invoice it has a license plate but its not Irish (GN** *UV)

they most likely assigned you an car that a U.K. customer cancelled after it was registered!!

I'd be checking it over with a fine tooth comb.

GN is for Brighton. Maybe call them and see if they thought you live in England..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I would be going over that car for ages, it's a customer reject for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

ELM327 wrote: »

Or it could just be an administrative error :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

ELM327 wrote: »

But no cars have been delivered in UK either yet as far as I can tell. So most likely just an error

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

Would have expected Tesla to be in touch very soon seeing as delivery is set for just over a week from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Would have expected Tesla to be in touch very soon seeing as delivery is set for just over a week from now.

Have they not given you delivery date and time already? Mine is shown in my account along with delivery address.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I have a date but no time. I got the registration document with Car Reg.

Saturday week can't come quick enough. Look forward to exploring every road within 5km :D

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

Have they not given you delivery date and time already? Mine is shown in my account along with delivery address.

I have a date of the 5th of March but my delivery appointment just says a Tesla advisor will contact me. Date was sent by text.

It is quite frustrating when you need to contact them and they don't have a point of contact at all.

Sent them half a dozen emails this week. No reply.
    Called them twice & chatted online a few times. They cannot tell me who is doing the registration. They cannot chase the person for me. There is no contact for their accounting department. All they can say is to keep waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Good luck to all the new owners. I picked up mine on the 18 March last year, I had waited for three years and I was very frustrated with the process pre delivery. They just seemed to make it up as they went. They know no shame!!!

I hope like for me the car is all you could wish for- I had a minor issue post delivery and I found them excellent for that.

Best of luck and well wear all

I finally received a meaningful reply... Apparently they thought my SEAI grant has not been approved, so they were simply 'waiting for SEAI approval' and never submitted my reservation to the registration office.

I immediately replied that my SEAI grant was approved like 3 weeks ago and they even emailed me about the approval. So finally someone found out the mistake and would do the vehicle registration tomorrow... Fingers crossed it will be done before the end of Feb.

Anyone who hasn't seen a registration number on your account page, definitely contact them and insist that they check if there's anything holding back the registration.

I finally received a meaningful reply... Apparently they thought my SEAI grant has not been approved, so they were simply 'waiting for SEAI approval' and never submitted my reservation to the registration office.

I immediately replied that my SEAI grant was approved like 3 weeks ago and they even emailed me about the approval. So finally someone found out the mistake and would do the vehicle registration tomorrow... Fingers crossed it will be done before the end of Feb.

Anyone who hasn't seen a registration number on your account page, definitely contact them and insist that they check if there's anything holding back the registration.

Good advice I sent an email after reading the posts earlier and got a reply they are waiting on confirmation of SEAI grant and once they have this they will be able to complete registration...

I’m very happy with the service thus far but really not sure why it’s not done by now.

I haven’t seen any receipt for the payment made or contract as the app says they are drawing one up and that’s the next step...I guess this is if finance is involved which is not the case
    Is there still a final invoice to be issued?
    Ah it will all work out in the end and if it doesn’t Elon can cough up the extra dollars if needed.

I’d say just admin delays is the problem.

• Advertisement

Good advice I sent an email after reading the posts earlier and got a reply they are waiting on confirmation of SEAI grant and once they have this they will be able to complete registration...

I’m very happy with the service thus far but really not sure why it’s not done by now.

I haven’t seen any receipt for the payment made or contract as the app says they are drawing one up and that’s the next step...I guess this is if finance is involved which is not the case
    Is there still a final invoice to be issued?
    Ah it will all work out in the end and if it doesn’t Elon can cough up the extra dollars if needed.

I’d say just admin delays is the problem.

I got the identical reply at first... until I pointed out that it was done by another member weeks ago. You might want to just confirm with them that it is actually outstanding instead of sitting on someone else’s desk.

Advertisement