Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Bear with it guys, ye are on the cusp of elation

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Sam W wrote: »
    I got the identical reply at first... until I pointed out that it was done by another member weeks ago. You might want to just confirm with them that it is actually outstanding instead of sitting on someone else’s desk.

I’m sure they will get it over the line but I’d hate to think admin errors are at fault for all the horror stories you hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭decp

Just got a call from Tesla with the 'its not you its me' speech and I have been moved back to May. :-(
    It was 10th of March

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

decp wrote: »
    Just got a call from Tesla with the 'its not you its me' speech and I have been moved back to May. :-(

That's devastating

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Sheeeit when were you supposed to take delivery?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Thats a bummer. When was your delivery date? Did they explain why?

I'm guessing the car arrived as a dud, or was sold out from under you.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

Thats a bummer. When was your delivery date? Did they explain why?

I'm guessing the car arrived as a dud, or was sold out from under you.

He got the Brighton registration number. The car must have been assigned to someone else, and they only realised it now, and found that there's no more matching car in the inventory...

I'd be definitely gutted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

It was 10th of March

There are quite a few in inventory that are 'on the way' and may not be assigned yet. Maybe they don't match your order exactly but if you're willing to switch for something slightly different ring them up and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭decp

He got the Brighton registration number. The car must have been assigned to someone else, and they only realised it now, and found that there's no more matching car in the inventory...

I'd be definitely gutted.

I think this (above) may be the reason but they were very nice and we discussed options but they do not have another with my spec (White & Black interior is the deal breaker with my wifey) so its just a matter of waiting. (& yes...gutted)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Anyone using this:

https://abettertheater.com/

Gives you a few more fullscreen streaming options ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

It was 10th of March

That's a shocker. Sorry to hear that. I'd be fairly pissed I have to say

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thoughts on this lads?
    https://www.kevinbarrymotors.ie/car-details/?2691614/

Seems pricey enough as there are new for a few k more??
    or am I missing something?

https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/new/LRW3222_d49f3e712b87b468cc34de38507fb98f?token=$2y$10$qG91EUHa1fd06O4tUEWQ8.OpWWqeSwV7xUq3BGQDaSRbeTOJUQo0S&coord=53.3338,-6.2488&redirect=no

How are Tesla for trade ins, buddy looking and trying to dig up some info

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

yop wrote: »

Expensive considering new 2021 Refresh model is only 2k more. But you have to wait for it.

Also, a member of the FB Group had his 2019 SR+ advertised on adverts, donedeal etc for €39,995 which was a good price and it sold in a week.

Tesla don't do trade ins.
    They take your details sight unseen and send it into the trade. They have a few dealers that price it, they also price it sight unseen so have to take this into account and offer way way below trade value, never mind trade in value or private value. Lower than trade value is what tesla will offer you.

before;

523474.jpeg

after;

545050.JPG

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seen it on the FB Group. Much neater solution.

Gumbo wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seen it on the FB Group. Much neater solution.

I'll weigh all that came off, but I'm guessing its between 800g - 1kg

I'll weigh all that came off, but I'm guessing its between 800g - 1kg

You should then by calculation be able to demonstrate an increase in range :D

before;

523474.jpeg

after;

545050.JPG

No way that's legal. Looks cool though.

Thoughts on this lads?
    https://www.kevinbarrymotors.ie/car-details/?2691614/

Seems pricey enough as there are new for a few k more??
    or am I missing something?

https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/new/LRW3222_d49f3e712b87b468cc34de38507fb98f?token=$2y$10$qG91EUHa1fd06O4tUEWQ8.OpWWqeSwV7xUq3BGQDaSRbeTOJUQo0S&coord=53.3338,-6.2488&redirect=no

If only you see my ranting in the last few pages :)

They initially gave me an offer that was better than the ones I received elsewhere. And they confirmed that it is the final price...

But then after I paid the balance, last week they changed the trade-in price without any email/phone notification. When I confronted them, they said their confirmation was a mistake and although they were sorry for the trouble, they would have to give me a much lower offer.

I literally have no choice but to accept their new offer, because it was impossible to find a new buyer and close off the deal before the tax rate changes back.

If you have time, do a bit of research and sell your car elsewhere. Their trade-in department is quite a joke and their internal communications between different teams are non-existent until the very last minute (which can be again seen here on decp).

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

They initially gave me an offer that was better than the ones I received elsewhere. And they confirmed that it is the final price...

But then after I paid the balance, last week they changed the trade-in price without any email/phone notification. When I confronted them, they said their confirmation was a mistake and although they were sorry for the trouble, they would have to give me a much lower offer.

I literally have no choice but to accept their new offer, because it was impossible to find a new buyer and close off the deal before the tax rate changes back.

If you have time, do a bit of research and sell your car elsewhere. Their trade-in department is quite a joke and their internal communications between different teams are non-existent until the very last minute (which can be again seen here on decp).

Shoot sorry I had scrolled back a few and missed it.
    Thats mad they do that to lads!

• Advertisement

That's really shocking. Tesla surely need to bring someone in the up their game on the communications side.

Aph2016 wrote: »
    No way that's legal. Looks cool though.

No, needs to be minimum 2.5mm thick, and it’s only about 1mm thick.

I’ll put the originals back on when it comes time for 1st NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sattwa06

Sattwa06 wrote: »
    Thank you. I have contacted the broker in Limerick and am awaiting a quote. Fingers crossed !

I am still on the smelling salts after my dealings with insurance companies earlier this morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#

To follow up on this thread, the lowest quote so far was approx €1,100 from the broker in Limerick. The rest were all more than €2k for company insurance with (essentially) one driver.

This seems crazy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#

To follow up on this thread, the lowest quote so far was approx €1,100 from the broker in Limerick. The rest were all more than €2k for company insurance with (essentially) one driver.

This seems crazy.

How many years of NCB do you have, if you don't mind me asking?

I have 4 years 11 months NCB with my current car. If I choose 4 years NCB I get only 2 quotes from all the major insurance companies online. If I choose 5 I get a valid quote from almost all of them and they are generally in the range of 650-1000.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#

This seems crazy.

How long are you driving also? I'm paying 400 quid currently with 24 yrs driving exp :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I think this (above) may be the reason but they were very nice and we discussed options but they do not have another with my spec (White & Black interior is the deal breaker with my wifey) so its just a matter of waiting. (& yes...gutted)

I'm not sure your spec but 3 were literally just added to inventory. I'd keep an eye and see if your spec shows up and then call them straight away.

If you like I can add you to the email notification I have setup that sends me emails if a tesla model 3 gets added to the Irish inventory.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

545050.JPG

Will definitely be doing this. Looks great.

Where’d you get them? Thinking of ordering mine from eireplates.com

Will definitely be doing this. Looks great.

Where’d you get them? Thinking of ordering mine from eireplates.com

Got them from eireplates.....

Ordered on Monday, arrived yesterday (front & rear) €48 all in. (If I have to destroy them when NCT comes up, then so be it, I’ll simply buy a new set again).

545091.jpeg

Got them from eireplates.....

Ordered on Monday, arrived yesterday (front & rear) €48 all in. (If I have to destroy them when NCT comes up, then so be it, I’ll simply buy a new set again).

545091.jpeg

You won’t have to destroy them.

Get a 3M Command strip. Put one each side of a plastic number plate holder and stick them on.

Then they should come off easy as you pull them down.

You know those sticky things that leave no residue or marks on walls.
    I have kids around the house as tea towel holders, in the bathroom etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Minor thing but it would drive me nuts that the blue stripe doesn’t stretch all the way up to the black border.

Advertisement