Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Have put up a few accessories in the for sale sticky for anyone who feels like some impulse shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

bf wrote: »
    Have put up a few accessories in the for sale sticky for anyone who feels like some impulse shopping!

Where have you got them for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Just here for the moment. Can send on pics to anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

bf wrote: »
    Just here for the moment. Can send on pics to anyone interested

You have PM

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Minor thing but it would drive me nuts that the blue stripe doesn’t stretch all the way up to the black border.

You can get borderless ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

You can get borderless ones

Border looks nice on the white though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Border looks nice on the white though.

A black border is also a requirement as per the regulations...

So if the thickness isn’t all there, at least everything else is up to scratch...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭wassie

Finally got around to fitting the mud flaps there (because it's not freezing or pi$$ing rain!!!).

Handy enough and job done in less than 5 minutes.

I put mine one a few weeks back - great job. Did you have the ones with the mudflap extensions?
    redcup342 wrote: »
    Anyone using this:

https://abettertheater.com/

Gives you a few more fullscreen streaming options

This works well, although I only use it for Disney+ (for the rugrats :P) and the full screen web browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭wassie

A black border is also a requirement as per the regulations...

So if the thickness isn’t all there, at least everything else is up to scratch...

That is a sweet mod. Just think of how much you're going to save due to an extended range thanks to your reduced drag co-efficient...

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

Anyone who has taxed their M3? I got my reg number yesterday (finally) but when I tried to tax it online, the motor tax.ie says my CO2 emission is 34 instead of 0, and therefore charges me a higher rate.

Surely a fully electric car would be zero emission? Or am I missing something?

• Advertisement

Sam W wrote: »
    Anyone who has taxed their M3? I got my reg number yesterday (finally) but when I tried to tax it online, the motor tax.ie says my CO2 emission is 34 instead of 0, and therefore charges me a higher rate.

Surely a fully electric car would be zero emission? Or am I missing something?

Hi Sam W. I'm in the same boat. Your local motor Tax office can't do anything about this. Email and ring Tesla about it and don't let them fob it off on anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

For F's sake I'm in the same boat.
    The old school tax form filled out by tesla on my account says zero CO2.
    If I was to go through the hassle of posting that it in . Would I not pay the correct price.

So surly it's revenue we need to contact ?

I had same issue with a car years ago, dealer put it down as incorrect band. It was the dealer who needed to fix it. At that time he had to bring the car to NCT centre to be certified on correct band. Dunno how it will work with new cars though.

Luckily my M3 was ok. Hope you get it sorted but I’d definitely be hassling Tesla instead of revenue.

J-W wrote: »
    For F's sake I'm in the same boat.
    The old school tax form filled out by tesla on my account says zero CO2.
    If I was to go through the hassle of posting that it in . Would I not pay the correct price.

So surly it's revenue we need to contact ?

I called Revenue, they said to contact motor tax in Shannon. They aren't answering phones due to Covid........ I emailed them and got an email back with a load of links that brought me back to Revenue........

As I said get on to Tesla and don't let them fob you off on someone else.
    Also local motor Tax office will charge you what's on the computer as linked to the car reg. They can't change it

I had same issue with a car years ago, dealer put it down as incorrect band. It was the dealer who needed to fix it. At that time he had to bring the car to NCT centre to be certified on correct band. Dunno how it will work with new cars though.

Luckily my M3 was ok. Hope you get it sorted but I’d definitely be hassling Tesla instead of revenue.

Im very close to telling them what to do with their car now......
    I told them yesterday that I won't accept delivery if they are intending on driving the car to my house on the day.

Also local motor Tax office will charge you what's on the computer as linked to the car reg. They can't change it[/quote]

Was it Tesla dublin you contacted about this or the delivery team contact.
    Don't want to waste any more time on this Bull

Also local motor Tax office will charge you what's on the computer as linked to the car reg. They can't change it

Was it Tesla dublin you contacted about this or the delivery team contact.
    Don't want to waste any more time on this Bull[/quote]

Emailed delivery and cc'd my sales guy in Dublin.
    Followed up with phone call to sales in Dublin.
    Said they would call me yesterday but never did....

In theory you’ve the whole month of March to tax it. I’m sure they’ll sort it if they’ve a whole month. I know it’s annoying and I’d be raging but I reckon it will all work out. I definitely wouldn’t refuse the car over the tax being messed up, I just wouldn’t tax it till they’ve sorted it.

In theory you’ve the whole month of March to tax it. I’m sure they’ll sort it if they’ve a whole month. I know it’s annoying and I’d be raging but I reckon it will all work out. I definitely wouldn’t refuse the car over the tax being messed up, I just wouldn’t tax it till they’ve sorted it.

Hi Wayne. Yea I hear you. Its not just the tax issue. A lot of things are starting to add up and annoy me about the whole process. Very amateur for a company selling "luxury" cars. Anyway let's see what this week brings..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Dozz wrote: »
    Hi Wayne. Yea I hear you. Its not just the tax issue. A lot of things are starting to add up and annoy me about the whole process. Very amateur for a company selling "luxury" cars. Anyway let's see what this week brings..

As annoying and as amateur as it all is, it will all be forgotten once you get behind the wheel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

As annoying and as amateur as it all is, it will all be forgotten once you get behind the wheel.

As someone who had the same poor service on the run up to getting my car I have to say I have neither forgotten nor forgiven. However I compartmentalised is as being very different the car experience.

Well wear - they may have taken the shine off but it is still a great experience to drive away in your dream car.

Wow I didn’t expect to see so many people having the same problem... or maybe that’s exactly what I would have expected from them by now...

I emailed Tesla, Dublin Motor Tax office and Motor Tax Online support. I wonder who will be the first to kick the ball around.

Was talking to a friend in China who ordered a Model Y last month and got it a few days ago. Frictionless process. Personal salesperson contact that answers any questions by WeChat (like WhatsApp). Free car cleaning / windscreen liquid top up when they use superchargers.

Wow I didn’t expect to see so many people having the same problem... or maybe that’s exactly what I would have expected from them by now...

I emailed Tesla, Dublin Motor Tax office and Motor Tax Online support. I wonder who will be the first to kick the ball around.

Hi Sam. Have you the email address for motor tax online support please?
    Be interesting to see who eventually gets it sorted. Thanks

Hi Sam. Have you the email address for motor tax online support please?
    Be interesting to see who eventually gets it sorted. Thanks

I got motortax@dttas.ie And motortax@transport.gov.ie from different website so I just emailed both.

I got motortax@dttas.ie And motortax@transport.gov.ie from different website so I just emailed both.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Sorry about the tax guys that’s miserable.

Can I ask please I sent an email and my account now shows a few things - no Reg yet though
    Is that RN number an internal thing?
    What documents should I have?

Sorry about the tax guys that’s miserable.

Can I ask please I sent an email and my account now shows a few things - no Reg yet though
    Is that RN number an internal thing?
    What documents should I have?

Hi Geeyfds. When are you expecting delivery?

The RN number is Tesla's internal Reservation Number.

When you log into the website and go to MANAGE

I now have a prepare for delivery screen.
    NEXT Steps Completed tasks
    Under next steps I have Payments page as half the screen . If you click it it gives a breakdown of my payment amounts and dates.

Completed tasks my address and payment

Under the icons for apple and google apps. I have booking invoice . Has been the same since day one . Doesn't show my vin.
    Under that I have registration. When I click in it's like a paper form from the tax office with my cars details

Hi Geeyfds. When are you expecting delivery?

10th things look better on the account now
    Hopefully Ill get a Reg soon
    I wonder if the tax issue is across the board

• Advertisement

The RN number is Tesla's internal Reservation Number.

When you log into the website and go to MANAGE

I now have a prepare for delivery screen.
    NEXT Steps Completed tasks
    Under next steps I have Payments page as half the screen . If you click it it gives a breakdown of my payment amounts and dates.

Completed tasks my address and payment

Under the icons for apple and google apps. I have booking invoice . Has been the same since day one . Doesn't show my vin.
    Under that I have registration. When I click in it's like a paper form from the tax office with my cars details

Thanks man I’ll check later apart from tax I think I now look the same

Advertisement