Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

10th things look better on the account now
    Hopefully Ill get a Reg soon
    I wonder if the tax issue is across the board

They should have the car registered before tomorrow, so hopefully you'll get the registration this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

10th things look better on the account now
    Hopefully Ill get a Reg soon
    I wonder if the tax issue is across the board

Not across the board, my tax was correct

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Not across the board, my tax was correct

Mine was also correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

I think the fact that there are 3 people here who have a wrong tax class means that it’s not an accidental mistake - someone must have zero idea what he/she was doing... and that makes me quite worried what else they could be doing wrong...

Sam W wrote: »
    I think the fact that there are 3 people here who have a wrong tax class means that it’s not an accidental mistake - someone must have zero idea what he/she was doing... and that makes me quite worried what else they could be doing wrong...

In fairness it may not have been Tesla's fault. Could be that Revenue put it in wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Dozz wrote: »
    In fairness it may not have been Tesla's fault. Could be that Revenue put it in wrong

The tax rate for pure EVs is the tax rate so I would not sweat it too much

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

It’s an admin thing but must have something in common

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

So some of the firsts RHD MIC M3s will be picked up today in the UK. Should be interesting to see/hear about quality and any possible issues. Also the LFP battery in the SR+

I'll be watching that thread today! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sattwa06

How many years of NCB do you have, if you don't mind me asking?

I have 4 years 11 months NCB with my current car. If I choose 4 years NCB I get only 2 quotes from all the major insurance companies online. If I choose 5 I get a valid quote from almost all of them and they are generally in the range of 650-1000.

30 years driving, 5 years NCB, no penalty points. They are making an issue of it being a company car, despite the assurance it will not be used for deliveries or sales calls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Sattwa06

yop wrote: »
    How long are you driving also? I'm paying 400 quid currently with 24 yrs driving exp :D

as I mentioned in the other response, I have 30 years driving, 5 years NCB, no penalty points. They are making an issue of it being a company car, despite the assurance it will not be used for deliveries or sales calls.

When the revolution comes, the insurance companies will be one of the first to be brought to heel !!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Tesla have a long history of hardware enabling many features in their car but without them being available unless you pony up at a later stage e.g. battery packs, heating choices like rear seats and steering wheel, auto pilot etc.
    Don't expect it but hopefully it would be a nice bonus

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Tesla have a long history of hardware enabling many features in their car but without them being available unless you pony up at a later stage e.g. battery packs, heating choices like rear seats and steering wheel, auto pilot etc.
    Don't expect it but hopefully it would be a nice bonus

Confirmed on a MIC RHD M3 LR this morning in the UK - Its on the UK Facebook Group.

They picked up their car this morning.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Good stuff so

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Good stuff so

So far I've seen 3 MIC M3 LR confirmed with Heated Steering wheel.. I'm waiting to see if the SR+ get it!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

So far I've seen 3 MIC M3 LR confirmed with Heated Steering wheel.. I'm waiting to see if the SR+ get it!

I'm guessing like the rear heated seats in the SR+, it'll cost...

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Reading the Tesla owners club forum it seems the build quality is much improved. The new door cards look great. Looks to be the best time to be buying a new Model 3.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Reading the Tesla owners club forum it seems the build quality is much improved. The new door cards look great. Looks to be the best time to be buying a new Model 3.

Seems to be better. I can't get my head around the garages here though like this one looking for 44k for a 2 yr old when a new upgraded model is cheaper.
    https://www.fkvwdeansgrange.ie/en/used-cars/149602

I get what lads say about the trade-in..... offered me 14k less than what a VW offered. :rolleyes:

Aph2016 wrote: »

Yea it's looking good! The only think i can see is that the software is on the old pre-Christmas update so its the old UI.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yea it's looking good! The only think i can see is that the software is on the old pre-Christmas update so its the old UI.

It's March and I haven't had an update yet in 2021

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Ha I’m hoping I can keep it on the old one when I get mine :) I think it’s much nicer than the new UI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

yop wrote: »
    Seems to be better. I can't get my head around the garages here though like this one looking for 44k for a 2 yr old when a new upgraded model is cheaper.
    https://www.fkvwdeansgrange.ie/en/used-cars/149602

I get what lads say about the trade-in..... offered me 14k less than what a VW offered. :rolleyes:

That model SR+ has more power.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TeslaModel3/comments/imog7m/sadly_the_new_sr_aaz_that_are_being_delivered/

The one delivered after August last year have less powerful motors.

The model of SR+ now between the Double Glazing, Heatpump and other stuff is a fair bit slower than that model from 2 years ago simply because its heavier combined with less power output.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bobjs

I haven't been given a final delivery date - all that Tesla would confirm is that Sandyford are receiving deliveries on March 2nd. Has anyone got a delivery for this week?

Bobjs wrote: »
    I haven't been given a final delivery date - all that Tesla would confirm is that Sandyford are receiving deliveries on March 2nd. Has anyone got a delivery for this week?

They are doing one batch this weekend (5th - 7th) and another batch next weekend. If you have been VIN matched, then they might just be waiting for your EV application approval or finance application approval, or they may have just used up all the slots and are waiting to see if they can get more slots in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Bobjs wrote: »

I'm down for delivery this Friday but no time confirmation yet.

On the motor tax issue, the Department of Transport replied today saying they can't change the tax band. They only accept modifications from the Revenue Commissioner. The best way to contact them is via the 'My Enquiry' function in the MyAccount portal.

Tesla replied as well with the same old 'we don't know what got wrong but you are on your own'... They just asked me to make a postal application and 'hopefully' the rate will be correct... They did mention that they 'tried' to contact Revenue but they haven't found a way to contact them.

On the motor tax issue, the Department of Transport replied today saying they can't change the tax band. They only accept modifications from the Revenue Commissioner. The best way to contact them is via the 'My Enquiry' function in the MyAccount portal.

Tesla replied as well with the same old 'we don't know what got wrong but you are on your own'... They just asked me to make a postal application and 'hopefully' the rate will be correct... They did mention that they 'tried' to contact Revenue but they haven't found a way to contact them.

Hi Sam. No point in trying to do a postal application. The car reg brings up the same incorrect details. I was in the local motor tax office this morning and they advised me not to pay and get the Garage to sort it out...
    The delivery team have advised me they are looking into, it for what that's worth. I have also emailed Revenue through the My Enquiry function. I'll let you know if I hear anything back.
    You might do the same if you hear anything different?

Hi Sam. No point in trying to do a postal application. The car reg brings up the same incorrect details. I was in the local motor tax office this morning and they advised me not to pay and get the Garage to sort it out...
    The delivery team have advised me they are looking into, it for what that's worth. I have also emailed Revenue through the My Enquiry function. I'll let you know if I hear anything back.

Hi Dozz, yes the Dublin motor tax office told me the same. No point sending in a postal application.

I contacted Revenue via MyEnquiry. Not sure if I selected the correct option though. Hopefully they will come back quickly.

I'm guessing like the rear heated seats in the SR+, it'll cost...

Yea looks like this! SR+ Picked up in UK confirmed no option for heated steering wheel! Say its gonna be an add-on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I declared mine off the road for the month of Feb and went to tax online today. I got an error:
    Licensing Status Details

Your vehicle cannot currently be taxed online.

This vehicle is not suitable for taxing online because there is a problem with your vehicle record

So I filled out the form and dropped it straight into the tax office. We'll see if I get the disc for €120 or if it will be returned to be corrected.

Advertisement