Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

jusmeig wrote: »
    Are some folks collecting today, pics pics!! :)

No collections in Ireland. First deliveries starting Friday 5th.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Two big sleeps so!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Sure I'll head over there tomorrow and have a look, and take some pics of your new cars....

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

I got a reply from Tesla saying that we should go ahead and pay the higher rate, then contact the Revenue Commissioner via MyEnquiry to get a refund. It's a hassle but it's the quickest way to make sure that your car is taxed before the delivery.

However, I can't tax my car at all at the moment. When I enter my details in motortax.ie it just tells me that there's a problem with my car and I can't tax it online. Anyone else having the same issue?

Sam W wrote: »
    I got a reply from Tesla saying that we should go ahead and pay the higher rate, then contact the Revenue Commissioner via MyEnquiry to get a refund. It's a hassle but it's the quickest way to make sure that your car is taxed before the delivery.

However, I can't tax my car at all at the moment. When I enter my details in motortax.ie it just tells me that there's a problem with my car and I can't tax it online. Anyone else having the same issue?

You’ve the whole month of March to tax it before there’s any issue, so I would not bother taxing it until you get it sorted. There’s no benefit to you taxing it now.

• Advertisement

You’ve the whole month of March to tax it before there’s any issue, so I would not bother taxing it until you get it sorted. There’s no benefit to you taxing it now.

I don't think that's right. You have 21 days to declare a vehicle off the road (which I already did). But you must pay the motor tax first and have proof of payment, before you can drive it on the road (including the trip where they drive the car from Sandyford to your home, if it's not on a flatbed). With so many checkpoints these days I just don't want to risk it.

Plus, according to Tesla, they have done their part... They even told me that this appears to happen in a lot of EV cars registered in Feb, not just Tesla, so nothing they can do...

I don't think that's right. You have 21 days to declare a vehicle off the road (which I already did). But you must pay the motor tax first and have proof of payment, before you can drive it on the road (including the trip where they drive the car from Sandyford to your home, if it's not on a flatbed). With so many checkpoints these days I just don't want to risk it.

Plus, according to Tesla, they have done their part... They even told me that this appears to happen in a lot of EV cars registered in Feb, not just Tesla, so nothing they can do...

Risk of not getting your money back easily from revenue would worry me more. Plus if you read here there’s nothing they can do unless it’s without tax more than 2 months:

http://watterssolicitors.ie/road-traffic-offences/motor-tax-and-insurance/

yeah that makes sense. Well the problem is not that we do or do not pay the tax now. The problem is that there's no way for us to pay for the tax now and that Tesla is saying you are on your own now...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

yeah that makes sense. Well the problem is not that we do or do not pay the tax now. The problem is that there's no way for us to pay for the tax now and that Tesla is saying you are on your own now...

I delivered the RF100 straight to the motortax office postbox on Monday at lunch, still nothin in the mail. I'll be ringing tomorrow.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Tesla can’t do anything at the moment as it appears it’s a revenue mistake and issue.

Nissan and Kia owners are having the same problems at the moment with their EV registration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

You guys have probably seen this
    From FB suggested process ...

“I have had this issue when I got a car in December. Here is the process: Pay the tax whatever the price is (you will get a refund). Once you have the Log Book and the disc you will need to send them back with RF120 (you will have to get a stamp from Garda) and Refund EFT Form. All these needs to be sent back to your Motortax Office.”

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

You guys have probably seen this
    From FB suggested process ...

“I have had this issue when I got a car in December. Here is the process: Pay the tax whatever the price is (you will get a refund). Once you have the Log Book and the disc you will need to send them back with RF120 (you will have to get a stamp from Garda) and Refund EFT Form. All these needs to be sent back to your Motortax Office.”

That's quite frankly ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

J-W wrote: »
    That's quite frankly ridiculous.

Haven’t seen mine yet but thought it might help ye ish...

Each to their own . I guess if its not solved before my delivery I'll pay the extra on the day before delivery. I'll have the receipt to print till I get a disk. After that just wait for it to be resolved. If not resolved coming up to next tax year Enquiry again . I'm not going jumping through all these hoops for 20 quid.

Each to their own . I guess if its not solved before my delivery I'll pay the extra on the day before delivery. I'll have the receipt to print till I get a disk. After that just wait for it to be resolved. If not resolved coming up to next tax year Enquiry again . I'm not going jumping through all these hoops for 20 quid.

I don’t mind paying the extra but I just don’t get the option to pay for it online. Is that payment option available for you?

I don’t mind paying the extra but I just don’t get the option to pay for it online. Is that payment option available for you?

Ya . I mean I think so I went as far as the point where you enter your payment details but didn't go further. Does yours fail before or after that point ?

Slaanesh wrote: »
    I delivered the RF100 straight to the motortax office postbox on Monday at lunch, still nothin in the mail. I'll be ringing tomorrow.

Would have sat there until Tuesday. Maybe sorted and processed on Wednesday and posted today or tomorrow. May get it by Friday.

In some offices, incoming mail are left for 24/48 hours prior to been handled to avoid any risk of spreading virus.

Gumbo wrote: »
    Would have sat there until Tuesday. Maybe sorted and processed on Wednesday and posted today or tomorrow. May get it by Friday.

In some offices, incoming mail are left for 24/48 hours prior to been handled to avoid any risk of spreading virus.

Now that you mention it I thought of the Covid procedure when I dropped it off and then promptly forgot about it 😂 when I enter Reg and pin online it comes up with an error. I emailed them and they said to fill out the RF100. I put down €120 though so hopefully it doesn't bounce back saying I owe 140! I'll give them a bell this morning either way.

Seemly this happened in December too for some EV owners.

Hat one guy did was pay the €140. Then sent in an RF120 form with his VLC and Tax Disc looking for a refund and he got it.

Gumbo wrote: »
    Seemly this happened in December too for some EV owners.

Hat one guy did was pay the €140. Then sent in an RF120 form with his VLC and Tax Disc looking for a refund and he got it.

So yeah I rang the tax office, they've received my application but haven't processed it yet. She confirmed it is actually €140 but couldn't tell me if that's what they would debit but they might ring me to confirm, she couldn't actually do anything.

Because I can't do it online I can't even get a receipt. This is some horse****.

• Advertisement

Because I can't do it online I can't even get a receipt. This is some horse****.

Agh relax. You don’t need a receipt.
    Just let it process and you’ll have a disc within a few days.

I pay for many things over the phone without receipts. Newspaper ads etc, just enjoy and move on.

But sure if I go to work on Monday and get stopped I'll get fined for no tax right? With the extra checkpoints on the road it's inevitible.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

So yeah I rang the tax office, they've received my application but haven't processed it yet. She confirmed it is actually €140 but couldn't tell me if that's what they would debit but they might ring me to confirm, she couldn't actually do anything.

Your hardly taxing the car in Kildare?

Dozz wrote: »
    Your hardly taxing the car in Kildare?

Haha no, Meath. But I drive to Blanchardstown for work.

Ya . I mean I think so I went as far as the point where you enter your payment details but didn't go further. Does yours fail before or after that point ?

I was able to go that far on the first day, but now it is giving me an error right away after I enter my reg no and password.

I was able to go that far on the first day, but now it is giving me an error right away after I enter my reg no and password.

I'm the same Sam. Did you declare off the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

Haha no, Meath. But I drive to Blanchardstown for work.
    No worries.

I'm the same Sam. Did you declare off the road?

Yes I did

• Registered Users Posts: 28,036 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

But sure if I go to work on Monday and get stopped I'll get fined for no tax right? With the extra checkpoints on the road it's inevitible.

Explain to the guard that you were unable to tax the car online and had to send in the paper forms and you've not had anything back yet.

The worse that will happen is they will ask you to produce the tax disk to the station in a few days but most guards will take your word for it as long as you're not acting like an a**ehole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,937 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

If you've paid over the phone and waiting for the disc to issue, the record should update online to show that the car is taxed so AGS wouldnt be "doing you" anyway.

Worth noting, if you meet an Ar$e of a garda there are two distinct offences, driving an untaxed vehicle and driving without a tax disc displayed. They could still do you for the latter.

Advertisement