Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Explain to the guard that you were unable to tax the car online and had to send in the paper forms and you've not had anything back yet.

The worse that will happen is they will ask you to produce the tax disk to the station in a few days but most guards will take your word for it as long as you're not acting like an a**ehole.

That's actually a good point. I think you're right.

I got stopped before and realised I hadn't taxed the car because I forgot and it was out by 10 months :pac: Eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Slaanesh wrote: »
    That's actually a good point. I think you're right.

I got stopped before and realised I hadn't taxed the car because I forgot and it was out by 10 months :pac: Eejit.

Print everything and bring it in the car.
    None of it is a legal get out of jail card but it will show the guard your not making sh*t up.

Emails to Tesla's
    Emails to motor tax office
    Emails to revenue

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

But sure if I go to work on Monday and get stopped I'll get fined for no tax right? With the extra checkpoints on the road it's inevitible.

No you won’t get fined.
    Even the worse Garda in the country has to follow Section 42 of the RTA and allow for a period of time without tax on display.

You’d swear Tesla’s were some god car that nobody has been through the same motions with other cars. First taxing of a new car has been in existence for a very long time. The Gardai are aware it takes a few days for the disc to arrive.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

J-W wrote: »
    Print everything and bring it in the car.
    None of it is a legal get out of jail card but it will show the guard your not making sh*t up.

Emails to Tesla's
    Emails to motor tax office
    Emails to revenue

That’s an awful waste of paper.

ah you're right, I'm just over-thinking it. I've spent so long getting everything ready and excited for delivery that something stupid like the tax isn't ready :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

ah you're right, I'm just over-thinking it. I've spent so long getting everything ready and excited for delivery that something stupid like the tax isn't ready :)

Yeah I’ve got the same mentality here. Getting really stressed out in the past month just because there were so many different issues.

I had another chat with Dublin motor tax office this morning and they asked me to send out a paper application, so I’ll just do that today.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,937 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Gumbo wrote: »
    No you won’t get fined.
    Even the worse Garda in the country has to follow Section 42 of the RTA and allow for a period of time without tax on display.

You’d swear Tesla’s were some god car that nobody has been through the same motions with other cars. First taxing of a new car has been in existence for a very long time. The Gardai are aware it takes a few days for the disc to arrive.
    There is no requirement for them to.
    They may. May here is not a "must"

"may, in particular and without prejudice to the generality of subsection (1) of this section, make provision for all or any of the following matters:"

Driving without displaying a valid tax disc even on a taxed vehicle is still an offence and a garda can do you on it. You'd have to meet a right bollox but they could.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

ELM327 wrote: »

Driving without displaying a valid tax disc even on a taxed vehicle is still an offence and a garda can do you on it. You'd have to meet a right bollox but they could.

Reasonable odds so

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

In the 30 minutes or so I was there, there was a truck being unloaded, a truck arriving, about 10-15 cars with reg plates, another few being washed, and another 10 or so waiting for reg plates.

545788.jpeg
    545790.jpeg

And for some reason this one is upside down, to keep you guessing....

545789.jpeg

Be lots and lots more Model 3's out there soon enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

Just saw a transporter full with Model 3's southbound on the M50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,937 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Wow this is an influx of cars.

I have to say, the black Model 3, with the aero hubcaps looks very handsome in the flesh... well wear to anyone getting in that configuration.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

One big sleep!!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

I have to say, the black Model 3, with the aero hubcaps looks very handsome in the flesh... well wear to anyone getting in that configuration.

Delighted with this - had been second guessing my colour choice recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Any Blue ones?

Also my account still says I owe them more than €1000. What are the chances they won't deliver because of this...

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Any Blue ones?

Yer man said the truck with all the blue ones fell off the ship on the way over!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭wassie

I'm getting a bit emotional looking at the photo of the yard.....ahh memories of delivery day!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rg_lv

Am i the only one with the Fremont vin??? Got the registration documents and the vin starts with 5YJ

Delighted with this - had been second guessing my colour choice recently!

Ever since the chrome delete the black model has come into it own . It's bad ass

• Advertisement

Also my account still says I owe them more than €1000. What are the chances they won't deliver because of this...

They told me the day before that they have fixed all accounts. Just send them an email and ask them to issue you a final invoice with the correct figures. They will fix it.

My account now shows a credit of 34k :p I wonder if their accounting team is going to issue me a cheque...

Account sorted and looks like I have a 7am delivery tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

An early start for that delivery driver so....

Congratulations 🎉

Woohoo deadly!

I emailed to ask for a time on Saturday and I got "It will be between 9am and 8pm". Pretty accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

Best of luck everyone taking delivery over the next while. Report back here or the Facebook page with how it all goes. Stick up a few photos too.

Woohoo deadly!

I emailed to ask for a time on Saturday and I got "It will be between 9am and 8pm". Pretty accurate.

Weird mine says 3 on Saturday, and I saw someone else on here mentioned they had 1pm on Saturday.

I reckon getting a time or not must be based on method of delivery. Have you a trade in? I don’t so expecting mine to come on a truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GarvC

Think they all say 7am.. Mine does anyway!

I have a trade in and my slot is 1pm on Saturday. Was told someone would drive the car over.

• Advertisement

Sam W wrote: »
    I have a trade in and my slot is 1pm on Saturday. Was told someone would drive the car over.

Ah ok so my theory is busted :D

Advertisement