Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Christmas coming early lads..... Well Wear....

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭jerryg

Christmas coming early lads..... Well Wear....

Well wear folks mine is due Monday!

jerryg wrote: »

you might get it tomorrow!!!

don't be more that 5km from home tomorrow, and charge up your phone... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

jerryg wrote: »

Mines coming Tuesday! I emailed for the craic to see if I can get it early!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GarvC

Mine is due today.. still no sign and no phone call... what number is calling you guys? Might give them a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

GarvC wrote: »
    Mine is due today.. still no sign and no phone call... what number is calling you guys? Might give them a shout.

Random mobile number called me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Guys, I’ve posted on this thread before and in the Facebook group for all you newbies. Covid is messy and people are getting deliveries on flat bed trucks.

Some cars are getting damaged as they are being loaded onto or off the flat bed.

Check the underside of your bumpers and record all damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

Got my delivery at around 6pm. The trade-in was really fast. The guy didn’t really check anything at all before signing the papers and swapping the cars.

Build quality looks lovely although I can’t really see much with the sky getting darker. My insurance doesn’t start until tomorrow (which is the scheduled delivery date) so I have nowhere to go either.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

So got delivery at 4:30 earlier. Build quality and paint and perfect.

App activated before I even sat in the car.

Unbelievably happy with it.

On the other hand, regarding the motor tax, I got in touch with my local TD and he got a guy working in motor tax office to contact me.

They are aware of the issue and it is apparently on a large scale, impacting most new EV owners registered in the past few weeks.

They asked me to send in a paper application, and put their manager’s name on the envelope. (Presumably that will help speed up the process.) Unfortunately I have sent my application off yesterday so I can do nothing else but keep waiting.

If anyone hasn’t sent their application off, try to contact your local motor tax office and get a manager’s name on the envelope before sending in the paper application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

Arrived this morning. V happy with it. 2 marks on the underside from a transporter somewhere along the line (not the delivery guy today though).
    Have been driving around all day. Heading out the door again now. Best of luck everyone.

Arrived this morning. V happy with it. 2 marks on the underside from a transporter somewhere along the line (not the delivery guy today though).
    Have been driving around all day. Heading out the door again now. Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,036 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone know where Sam lives? Uninsured Tesla sitting in the yard.

Sam seriously log onto your online insurance account and move that change over date up just in case something did happen before the orginal change over happens.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Dozz wrote: »

Lovely. Grey is my second favourite colour for the M3 after white.
    Log the scrapes and damage to tesla with anything else. It’s only minor (as per your FB post) but still, it’s still an expensive car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Delighted with the car it's unbelievable. It looked like it was washed right before it was delivered

He probably put it through the CircleK brushwash right before he got to you - 'twas filthy.
    Aph2016 wrote: »
    Battery was at around 30%

Amazing all the same - 'twas at 90% when he left Sandyford - he fair reddened it on the way to you. I'd be checking how much rubber is left on the rear tyres :eek:.

Only joking, best of luck with it & remember, keep her between the ditches :).

Well wear to all the new owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Congrats guys all looks good I’m delighted for ye particularly given the issues - I got a Reg so car deffo coming - due the 10th might get it the 9th - will be keeping a close eye on things - now to see if the tax is ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Congrats guys all looks good I’m delighted for ye particularly given the issues - I got a Reg so car deffo coming - due the 10th might get it the 9th - will be keeping a close eye on things - now to see if the tax is ok...

F**king delighted for ya buddy. Talk about last minute

Glad to hear that. Good stuff

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Anyone know where Sam lives? Uninsured Tesla sitting in the yard.

Sam seriously log onto your online insurance account and move that change over date up just in case something did happen before the orginal change over happens.

Haha I’m not going to post anything that would reveal my location.

Unfortunately our insurance company Zurich is so old fashioned that everything has to be done through the phone or by letter... I had to go through a ton of written complaints just so that they can switch the insurance to this Tesla for a month (and they charged me 120 euro for that...)

I got a Reg so car deffo coming

Never in doubt.

• Advertisement

545985.jpeg

I’ve got a question with the phone key feature.

My phone is authenticated as a key. It is always connected to Bluetooth. This means, I should be able to walk to the car, pull the handle and the door should automatically unlock with my phone in the pocket.

In most places in my house, the Tesla app always says it is connected to my car. That leaves me wondering if it is possible for someone to just pull your handle and unlock the door while you are sleeping?

Now I did a bit of experiment myself, by leaving my phone at the front door, and at the back of the wall where the car is parked. In most cases it doesn’t allow me to open the door, but in some cases it does when it gets nearer but still not next to the door.

I don’t know if there is a set limit on how close the phone has to be. My bedroom is on the first floor directly outside my front yard, so it’s not far away from my car at all. That makes me worried a bit.

^^^ yeah I used to have that concern too, so every night would turn off the Bluetooth on the phone.

Lasted about a week before I stopped doing it.

I find that if the phones been idle for a while, it won’t unlock the car (even when stood at the drivers door), so I have to take phone out of my pocket and unlock it (the phone), and then the car unlocks....

Sam W wrote: »
    I’ve got a question with the phone key feature.

My phone is authenticated as a key. It is always connected to Bluetooth. This means, I should be able to walk to the car, pull the handle and the door should automatically unlock with my phone in the pocket.

In most places in my house, the Tesla app always says it is connected to my car. That leaves me wondering if it is possible for someone to just pull your handle and unlock the door while you are sleeping?

Now I did a bit of experiment myself, by leaving my phone at the front door, and at the back of the wall where the car is parked. In most cases it doesn’t allow me to open the door, but in some cases it does when it gets nearer but still not next to the door.

I don’t know if there is a set limit on how close the phone has to be. My bedroom is on the first floor directly outside my front yard, so it’s not far away from my car at all. That makes me worried a bit.

No insurance and worried the car is always open. I’d say you had a sleepless night there Sam ;)

But yeah, I was also thinking the same thing but the doors on mine only seem to open if I’m within about a metre of the car.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Use PIN to drive

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    A. Buy a faraday pouch and put your keys in it at night

B. Use PIN to drive

C No worries anymore

The keyfob is only an optional extra on the Model 3, so if guess a lot of folk don’t even have one.....

Also the model 3 fob goes to ‘sleep’ after a period of no movement, to protect against relay attacks..

A. Buy a faraday pouch and put your keys in it at night

B. Use PIN to drive

C No worries anymore

Definitely gonna setup PIN to drive.
    My kids were out playing in the car yesterday and I wasn't sure if the car was on or off at all....

No insurance and worried the car is always open. I’d say you had a sleepless night there Sam ;)

But yeah, I was also thinking the same thing but the doors on mine only seem to open if I’m within about a metre of the car.

Haha i had a good sleep. I have a dog who loves to watch over any neighbours walking past.
    Use PIN to drive

Yeah I have PIN set up. Still have concerns as I could be lying in bed and playing with my phone while another person can just open the door. Petty thefts are still quite a thing.

I just went ahead and disabled the Bluetooth entry this morning. Gotta get a car key instead.

Did some more tests - I could leave my phone in my living room and unlock my doors, so not a safe enough option for me...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Then faraday pouch for sure, Amazon or AliExpress, wrap into a ball of aluminium foil as a temporary measure

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Then faraday pouch for sure, Amazon or AliExpress, wrap into a ball of aluminium foil as a temporary measure

RFID wallet

Advertisement