Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

Well hopefully the paint on the Chinese built cars is a lot better because I wouldn't like to pay nearly 50K for a car with too many imperfections.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

So anyone that was fence-sitting now convinced to get FSD?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqml_OdWP4s

I can see this getting very expensive next year - and also very good.

EVGuy wrote: »
    So anyone that was fence-sitting now convinced to get FSD?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqml_OdWP4s

I can see this getting very expensive next year - and also very good.

Who knows ? it could get a lot more expensive or it might not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Who knows ? it could get a lot more expensive or it might not.

Elon has said it's going up $2k this weekend. It may be USA only at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

When it can legally insured pick me up from the pub and drive me home safely while I'm in the back seat I'll be interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

J-W wrote: »
    When it can legally insured pick me up from the pub and drive me home safely while I'm in the back seat I'll be interested

This is really the most important feature of FSD, im not paying a single euro till a toggle appears with "Pub Run" -> Enabled

By that point it could be €25k extra though ... if they do allow moving the FSD to your next Tesla, it could be worth getting soon. ;)

Legislation is now looking like the major blocker, rather than the technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Odauto

redcup342 wrote: »
    The paint on the Model 3s out of Freemont is absolutely awful, I haven't seen Model 3 that didn't have some issues with the paint.

Yep the paint is famously bad but I have seen a blue and red 202 reg Model 3's recently that are flawless both inside and out so they seem to be getting much better.
    I had a few paint issues that Sandyford didn't fix however a few weeks ago a nice gentleman dinted my door in a carpark and drove off. It gave me the excuse I needed to get a ceramic coat. The silver lining is the car looks better now that the day I collected it!

I only has two tiny 1mm chips on the bonnet, which could easily have happened in transit and a couple of mis-aligned things, all fixed 100%.

I think MSM tends to be a bit better. ;)

I definitely think Tesla should offer FSD as pay per month, I bet a lot more People would be interested then, subscribe when you want, if you know you're going on a long trip or somewhere foreign, perhaps it could be set for driving on the right, that would be cool.

I don't think I would pay for FSD until laws are changed and I wouldn't have to touch the steering wheel. The more the cost goes up the less I'd be interested.

• Advertisement

I definitely think Tesla should offer FSD as pay per month, I bet a lot more People would be interested then, subscribe when you want, if you know you're going on a long trip or somewhere foreign, perhaps it could be set for driving on the right, that would be cool.

It will switch automatically. The headlights might need adjustment though, a 2nd memory for those would be nice. Talk of new ones as part of the 3 refresh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

FSD will never ever been worth the money in Ireland. Our mix n match of roundabouts, single lane roads without lines, general non-adherence to the road markings will make it impossible without some massive upgrade of roads in Ireland. It’s designed for American roads, American junctions and American junctions. Love the tech but it will never been for Ireland.

Regarding people saying why not ship Model Y from California/Beijing... Tesla really have to focus on their green credentials and shipping a car around the world is not green. Plus it will make the Berlin produced cars about 5-10k cheaper.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

FSD monthly rental available sometime next year according to Musk.....

Now that I like, try it before you buy it......

Estimated Delivery on new orders now February.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

jhegarty wrote: »
    Estimated Delivery on new orders now February.

I ordered in July for as close to early Jan as possible. Wonder will I get priority?

There may be a few cars in stock after the November delivery. They may offer you one of those for pick up in Jan.

Slaanesh wrote: »
    I ordered in July for as close to early Jan as possible. Wonder will I get priority?

There is no priority, they just match people based on the stock. And even if you are first in line for a given model, if there are other things going on (e.g. changes to business tax) someone else may be moved up. Even 4 year reservation holders were skipped over for business customers that were about to lose their incentives last year.

I'm not saying that's right or wrong, just don't get your hopes up of being "1st in line".

It could also be (no clue) people ordering FSD get some priority as they will be paying more and the extra is 100% margin. That's likely only to make a difference near the end of a quarter though.

Slaanesh wrote: »

Ships to Europe arrive to sold before end of quarter. If things go Tesla's way there will be no new cars between Jan 1st and late February.

The lockdowns of course might cause things not to go to plan.

https://electrek.co/2020/10/26/tesla-ships-out-made-in-china-model-3-cars-to-europe/

Shame Tesla didn't offer the price reduction they offered in China.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

https://electrek.co/2020/10/26/tesla-ships-out-made-in-china-model-3-cars-to-europe/

Shame Tesla didn't offer the price reduction they offered in China.

There was a 2k saving in Germany anyway, Tesla gave everyone a choice to take a 2k saving now (with some missing features, not clear what those are) or wait until Feb next year for new deliveries with the extra features (heat pump etc)

• Advertisement

redcup342 wrote: »
    There was a 2k saving in Germany anyway, Tesla gave everyone a choice to take a 2k saving now (with some missing features, not clear what those are) or wait until Feb next year for new deliveries with the extra features (heat pump etc)

But China got the price cut with all the new stuff.

Different markets have different deals.

Look at all the geo-blocking BS we still suffer on streaming services.

If there is still pent-up demand here and the car is now better, why would they lower the price?

I'm just glad it's not gone up and I put in a res just in case as I suspect once FSD beta appears in Europe that will go up for sure.

EVGuy wrote: »
    Different markets have different deals.

Look at all the geo-blocking BS we still suffer on streaming services.

If there is still pent-up demand here and the car is now better, why would they lower the price?

I'm just glad it's not gone up and I put in a res just in case as I suspect once FSD beta appears in Europe that will go up for sure.

FSD increase will just make it unattractive to the masses and perhaps more Commercial companies will use it and perhaps that's Elon's Plan to push it out of the market for the majority and make big bucks from commercial use ?

But China got the price cut with all the new stuff.

It's not clear what was delivered on the Chinese Models already delivered to germany 2 weeks ago, Double Glass on the front drivers windows with the new battery + heatpump + de-chromed

Everything else is the same as before (piano finish center console, same steering wheel etc.

Pic from a recently delivered M3P at Tesla SC Stuttgart

530891.jpg

Tesla have changed their return policy now ... a few majorly p!ssed off customers

Why were customers annoyed at the change in return policy ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

People were probably given what they didn't order..

Maybe some wanted the original battery version, which is a bit more powerful I believe (In SR+ format anyway)

Because you have 20 minutes to decide on if you accept delivery of the car or not (at the service center), you also aren't allowed anyone with you due to Coronavirus rules.

7 day return policy with 1600km is no longer there.

Wasn't really clear what the hell they were ordering.

Was there some new information that Ireland would be receiving made in china model 3's ?

Was there some new information that Ireland would be receiving made in china model 3's ?

RHDs are coming from Freemont

LHD are coming from China + Freemont.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Is anyone who took delivery of a 202 reg Model 3 not pissed off that just a few months later, the price dropped almost €1k (SR+, vat reduction) & the car will now include a heat pump, better specs, glass etc.?

When it comes to selling on, an early 202 Model 3 will be worth far less than a later 202 Model 3, which will have more range etc.

Elon pinched pennies by removing mats, cables, dimming door mirrors etc. already & has now seriously devalued cars, just a few months old.
    He has effectively taken money from your pockets :eek:.

If people didn't buy these July cars at full price, he wouldn't be able to push out these higher spec models.

Two solutions to right this wrong.

1. Give early 202 owners free supercharging or make some gesture
    2. Immediately push up the price of the new, upgraded model :p.

.............ducks & waits to be attacked by prospective Model 3 purchasers...... :p:D:D.

Advertisement