Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sattwa06

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Cheers, any sign of yours?

Eventually arrived about 6.30 pm last night. The driver was an extremely nice man called Ken. As I was the second car on his delivery, he carefully took it down off the transporter via the second trailer. There was about 200km in battery on it. Only had a brief chance to examine the outside in detail in daylight but it looks really good.
    I emailed Natalie straight away with the delivery document and she activated the app straightaway.

Driving is excellent although regenerative braking takes a little getting used to. Interior finish looks really good and the screen is really responsive.
    I am happy ...so far.

Best of luck to anyone taking delivery today, Ken said they were up the walls with deliveries today (Saturday).

Thanks to all for the advice and guidance to this point !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,384 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Sattwa06 wrote: »
    Driving is excellent although regenerative braking takes a little getting used to.

The regen strength will increase as the battery warms up as the car is driven.....

1 pedal driving is excellent... my brake pads are still new 23,000km later.....

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Sam W

slave1 wrote: »
    Then faraday pouch for sure, Amazon or AliExpress, wrap into a ball of aluminium foil as a temporary measure

Is it really necessary? It deactivated itself after 5 min of being idle according to the owner manual. So if you just leave it on the table, it shouldn’t send out any signal anyway? (I just don’t like the look of these pouches..)

5 min is ridiculously long though. Our other car Mercedes’s key will deactivate after 10 seconds...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Morning all. As a model 3 driver, one thing I enjoyed over the past 18 months has been the knowing "tesla wave" which you give other fellow M3 drivers as you pass them . I notice this is on the wane lately, has anyone else noticed this ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Sam W wrote: »
    Is it really necessary? It deactivated itself after 5 min of being idle according to the owner manual. So if you just leave it on the table, it shouldn’t send out any signal anyway? (I just don’t like the look of these pouches..)

5 min is ridiculously long though. Our other car Mercedes’s key will deactivate after 10 seconds...

100% necessary if you go for the key, thieves will latch onto your keys signal, repeat it and use this to get into your car, if you don’t have PIN then they can drive off.
    Happens all the time

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Then faraday pouch for sure, Amazon or AliExpress, wrap into a ball of aluminium foil as a temporary measure

Put it in a biscuit tin.

redcup342 wrote: »
    Put it in a biscuit tin.

Or just don’t have a keyfob!!!!

I’ve walked away and left the car unlocked before for hours on end (in Courtown) before returning and realising the car was unlocked (because the boot wasn’t closed properly!!) - an update means this won’t happen again as the app will notify me of doors/trunk/Frunk/windows being left open.....

Pin to a drive is the last line of defence!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Or just don’t have a keyfob!!!!

I’ve walked away and left the car unlocked before for hours on end (in Courtown) before returning and realising the car was unlocked (because the boot wasn’t closed properly!!) - an update means this won’t happen again as the app will notify me of doors/trunk/Frunk/windows being left open.....

Pin to a drive is the last line of defence!!

Would be a nice feature if your Phone alerted you with a audible tone if this was the case :pac:

I don't have a key fob, only Phone + Card.

Would be a nice feature if your Phone alerted you with a audible tone if this was the case :pac:

That update only came about a month after my Courtown incident......

I was talking about it with the OH, and that it should be a feature, and low and behold a month later it was a feature.

That’s why I love these cars so much!!

Do the standard cars being delivered this weekend have the heated steering wheel ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Do the standard cars being delivered this weekend have the heated steering wheel ?

The SR+ has the same part number as the LR and P models but it's not open yet. I'm assuming its gonna be part of the unlock with rear heated seats eventually.

Put it in a biscuit tin.

I tried this, tin still lets signal through, I went up to the car and the handles presented.
    Aluminum foil is already in your house and works perfect once you ball up the key inside.
    This is of course just a temporary measure, this is the faraday pouch I got, $3

I tried this, tin still lets signal through, I went up to the car and the handles presented.
    Aluminum foil is already in your house and works perfect once you ball up the key inside.
    This is of course just a temporary measure, this is the faraday pouch I got, $3

My understanding is if the key has this built-in function of stopping broadcasting signals after 5 minutes, then you don’t need the faraday cage after 5 minutes? I’m just puzzled as to why they set the timer to 5 minutes instead of a few seconds like most other manufacturers...

I thought the key fob is always active, else how does the car open when you walk up to it

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Long Range does. You have to pay for it as an upgrade for SR+. Guy who delivered my car told me yesterday.

I thought the key fob is always active, else how does the car open when you walk up to it

The model 3 keyfob goes to sleep when it senses a period of no movement. So naturally if your holding it, it would detect that it’s in motion, and will thus wake up...

Long Range does. You have to pay for it as an upgrade for SR+. Guy who delivered my car told me yesterday.

So the same as the rear heated seats...

I’ll be getting a new steering wheel in a few weeks, so would be interesting to see if they give me the newer wheel.....

Would be great if you could retrofit a wheel with heating onto the older cars...

As Andy said, it deactivates when there's no movement after certain time. Even if the key is right beside your car, if you leave it on the floor for 5 minutes, you shouldn't be able to open the door until you pick the key up.

I was simply moaning about the fact that they set the threshold to 5 minutes while most manufacturers set it to a few seconds. It means if a thief is onto you, they can in theory have sufficient time to lock on to your signal, amplify it and open your door right after you go home, lock your door and throw your key somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

Snap of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Snap of the car.

That's a good blue.

Privacy/comfort glass/tinting would look great on it, especially with the chrome delete black trim.

Well wear :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Snap of the car.

Lovely hoping my blue will look as good this time next week I will tint the backs would like to tint the front also...

Got insurance moving over a day early and paid the incorrect tax so happy out for now

Payed Sandyford a visit today it’s like a Tesla candy shop down there - tomorrow’s cars getting washed and there are lots of them

The stock alloys look so much better on the Model 3 since the trim went black......

The stock alloys look so much better on the Model 3 since the trim went black......

Yea the black works better with the new look Aero caps also me thinks

Yea the black works better with the new look Aero hub caps also me thinks

It does indeed. I saw a few in Sandyford on Friday being unloaded and washed, looked really smart, and would look even smarter with tinted windows.....

The SR+ has the same part number as the LR and P models but it's not open yet. I'm assuming its gonna be part of the unlock with rear heated seats eventually.

Ok, thank you

It does indeed. I saw a few in Sandyford on Friday being unloaded and washed, looked really smart, and would look even smarter with tinted windows.....

You’re reading my mind…

Tinted windows are a must, total tint on rears but think you are only allowed 15% tint on front windows so don’t see the point

Service appointment booked for Tuesday.

First issue is a really loud, high pitched buzzing coming from back of the car. Happens when I turn on climate remotely. This seems to trigger the battery to precondition - on the climate page of the app it shows a red battery with a red snowflake in it on top right of app screen. Has happened both Saturday and Sunday morning. Lasts about 20 mins and then stops and the red battery icon disappears.

Second issue is a rumbling/vibration noise when the car is sitting still, either parked or at lights. Car rumbles noticeably every 20 seconds or so. Seems to be the A/C as when I turn it off it doesn’t happen.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Service appointment booked for Tuesday.

First issue is a really loud, high pitched buzzing coming from back of the car. Happens when I turn on climate remotely. This seems to trigger the battery to precondition - on the climate page of the app it shows a red battery with a red snowflake in it on top right of app screen. Has happened both Saturday and Sunday morning. Lasts about 20 mins and then stops and the red battery icon disappears.

Second issue is a rumbling/vibration noise when the car is sitting still, either parked or at lights. Car rumbles noticeably every 20 seconds or so. Seems to be the A/C as when I turn it off it doesn’t happen.

:(

There's already a recall out on a batch of dodgy sensors on the heat pump . Possibly your issues.
    Sucks to have it happen on a new car. Hope they sort it quick for ya

Advertisement