Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Aph2016 wrote: »
    After seeing a 152 golf with a ceramic coating looking 10 times better than my brand new 211 model 3, I may have to reconsider.

This is it. But a ceramic coating is not a shield.
    The owner still needs to actively mange the car wash procedure.

People “into” cars will pay for the coating.

The reason the gold looked better IMO is because the paint correction removed all defects, popped the paint, then the coating on top helps with sort not sticking to the clear coat. This means maintenance washing is easier.

It doesn’t mean you can go to the circle k drive through wash, it doesn’t mean you can was yourself in a garage using the brush tool. It doesn’t mean you can go to a manned car wash that the lads use the sponge on the cars wheels in front of you, then use the same sponge to do your car.

Washing using the correct products that won’t hard or eat into the ceramic coating is required. Whoever installs the coating will guide you on the the maintenance washing and what top up/spray on products will help in maintaining the coating. Many offer maintenance washing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

Gumbo wrote: »
    That looks like sanding marks. Maybe to fix a factory paint defect.
    Was it there when you bought new?

Yeah it was delivered on Friday and I only had a short drive-through to pick up a takeaway since then.

Sam W wrote: »
    Yeah it was delivered on Friday and I only had a short drive-through to pick up a takeaway since then.

2 options.
    Let Tesla fix it.
    Get it sorted yourself.

Considerations.
    Will Tesla fix it or make it worse.

Gumbo wrote: »
    2 options.
    Let Tesla fix it.
    Get it sorted yourself.

Considerations.
    Will Tesla fix it or make it worse.

I've booked a service appointment and will see how it goes. Missus won't approve the idea that we have to pay for something that we didn't do :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Dead right, over to Tesla to make right, AFAIK they have a Galway and Dublin third party that handles their bodywork paint corrections

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Anyone having the issue that their Boot lid isn't fitted correctly ? Did you get this fixed under warranty ?

Was out at the supercharger near our place and saw loads of cars that have the same issue, essentially the Boot lid is touching the bumper and scratching the paint.

I'm noticing more and more Niggling issues with the car now after 8 months of ownership.

Window Wipers have no rain sensor so at night time they won't activate from Road Spray meaning you had to manually mess around with the controls on the Display.

Theres a squeek from the back seats as theres a gap between the seats and the bulkhead, they said here this is "Tesla Standard" and you can improve it by putting from sticky pads on the bulkhead to eliminate the gap.

The Cruise Control is complete trash, it will randomly brake on its own if it sees a shadow on a road from an overpass, speed limit recognition is very hit and miss (compared to nearly every other system i've used (VAG/Jaguar/Ford/Volvo)

Cameras get obstructed very easily, you'll get constant warnings driving in the rain.

Paint is not very good quality, there are areas where its very thin.

The ICE in the car will sometimes crash requiring a restart, not the end of the world but it is rather annoying (and disconcerting for passengers)
    There was a software issue last year that if you tried to use Netflix while Sentry mode was activated, it would crash and restart then the HVAC would come on full blast for around 10 seconds blowing cold air into the car.

Software updates seem to always bring new issues, the latest one was just after christmas, CCS Charging with non Tesla Chargers wasn't possible anymore, luckily was near home so went and plugged into an AC Charger, had to cancel a planned trip though.

The only thing that's a major positive for me is access to the Supercharger Network :pac:

Girlfriend won't drive the car as the Cruise Control dropped the anchor on her in the middle of a National Road, with nothing around. A truck almost ploughed into the back of us :rolleyes:

Yes she was watching the road and paying attention but she really didnt understand what the car was doing

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

redcup342 wrote: »
    Anyone having the issue that their Boot lid isn't fitted correctly ? Did you get this fixed under warranty ?

Was out at the supercharger near our place and saw loads of cars that have the same issue, essentially the Boot lid is touching the bumper and scratching the paint.

I'm noticing more and more Niggling issues with the car now after 8 months of ownership.

Window Wipers have no rain sensor so at night time they won't activate from Road Spray meaning you had to manually mess around with the controls on the Display.

Theres a squeek from the back seats as theres a gap between the seats and the bulkhead, they said here this is "Tesla Standard" and you can improve it by putting from sticky pads on the bulkhead to eliminate the gap.

The Cruise Control is complete trash, it will randomly brake on its own if it sees a shadow on a road from an overpass, speed limit recognition is very hit and miss (compared to nearly every other system i've used (VAG/Jaguar/Ford/Volvo)

Cameras get obstructed very easily, you'll get constant warnings driving in the rain.

Paint is not very good quality, there are areas where its very thin.

The ICE in the car will sometimes crash requiring a restart, not the end of the world but it is rather annoying (and disconcerting for passengers)
    There was a software issue last year that if you tried to use Netflix while Sentry mode was activated, it would crash and restart then the HVAC would come on full blast for around 10 seconds blowing cold air into the car.

Software updates seem to always bring new issues, the latest one was just after christmas, CCS Charging with non Tesla Chargers wasn't possible anymore, luckily was near home so went and plugged into an AC Charger, had to cancel a planned trip though.

The only thing that's a major positive for me is access to the Supercharger Network :pac:

Girlfriend won't drive the car as the Cruise Control dropped the anchor on her in the middle of a National Road, with nothing around. A truck almost ploughed into the back of us :rolleyes:

Yes she was watching the road and paying attention but she really didnt understand what the car was doing

Well after 3 days of ownership I've had the cameras show as obstructed when the sun was beaming off them. Autopilot still worked fine.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I've had the cameras show as obstructed when the sun was beaming off them.

yeah, get used to that happening!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Folks think someone mentioned before about tire rotation -> at 10k km now and was going to drop in and have it done.
    Any idea of the price?

jusmeig wrote: »
    Folks think someone mentioned before about tire rotation -> at 10k km now and was going to drop in and have it done.
    Any idea of the price?

Tesla seemingly charge €90!!!

a local garage/tyre place will probably do it for less than €20

I'm at 24k and still haven't done it, and probably won't either. When the time comes I'll put a brand new set on the rear, and not a set with 20k+ on them....

If you do get it done locally, just remember the torque is slightly higher than standard for Tesla's, its 175Nm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

jusmeig wrote: »
    Any idea of the price?

Is that still a thing?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Dead right, over to Tesla to make right, AFAIK they have a Galway and Dublin third party that handles their bodywork paint corrections

Ace Autobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

slave1 wrote: »
    Is that still a thing?

Yeah I saw a post on the Tesla forum that folks were having it done, so out of the bordem of lockdown I decided to investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Does the 'Buy Upgrade' option in Tesla website work for anybody? I click the button and it just redirects me back to my account summary page.

(The upgrade option in the app works fine. Just the website doesn't work for me.)

Sam W wrote: »
    Does the 'Buy Upgrade' option in Tesla website work for anybody? I click the button and it just redirects me back to my account summary page.

(The upgrade option in the app works fine. Just the website doesn't work for me.)

It's been like that a few weeks now, possibly in anticipation of a new suite of potential upgrades & subscriptions (FSD subscription coming at some stage this year)

You should still be able to upgrade through the app..

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

For anyone who just got the 2021 Model 3, this is well worth getting:

Car Central Armrest Storage Box For Tesla Model 3 2021 Accessories Center Console Flocking Organizer Containers Car Interior
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLDtZQT

Mine arrived today and it fits perfectly, looks OEM - even the flocking matches perfectly with the existing interior of that space.

Ordered from the link above about a month ago and it arrived today FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

For anyone who just got the 2021 Model 3, this is well worth getting:

Car Central Armrest Storage Box For Tesla Model 3 2021 Accessories Center Console Flocking Organizer Containers Car Interior
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLDtZQT

Mine arrived today and it fits perfectly, looks OEM - even the flocking matches perfectly with the existing interior of that space.

Ordered from the link above about a month ago and it arrived today FYI.

Ordered the same earlier today

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

How long of a test drive does Tesla typically offer? I won't be able to afford a new Tesla just yet but would love a test drive so I can aim towards it.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

How long of a test drive does Tesla typically offer? I won't be able to afford a new Tesla just yet but would love a test drive so I can aim towards it.

I took about 40min . They didn't set a time for me before I left and didn't mention time when I got back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

30 to 60 minutes. If you need longer you can rent one here - www.ufodrive.com

When I took it in December, they just recommended me to drive to Dun Laoghaire and back. It's a bit of motor way and a bit of town centre traffic. Around 45 minutes I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Doingmybest

My long range delivered today at 11am. Absolutely delighted with it. Bodywork - no issues, no rattles. Great fun to drive around my 5km block. Passes the same garda checkpoint about 5 times, stopped twice, they said good luck with the car, enjoy. Tried the autopilot.... very cool, worked well for the short time I had it on.
    Thought it'd be good to enable pin to drive.... bad decision ☹. App not attached to car yet, and car won't accept the pin without a phone or email attached to it. So I've temporarily bricked it. Oh well tomorrow another day. Support said they were running behind on activations, but it should definitely be done by tomorrow morning, maybe sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

My long range delivered today at 11am. Absolutely delighted with it. Bodywork - no issues, no rattles. Great fun to drive around my 5km block. Passes the same garda checkpoint about 5 times, stopped twice, they said good luck with the car, enjoy. Tried the autopilot.... very cool, worked well for the short time I had it on.
    Thought it'd be good to enable pin to drive.... bad decision ☹. App not attached to car yet, and car won't accept the pin without a phone or email attached to it. So I've temporarily bricked it. Oh well tomorrow another day. Support said they were running behind on activations, but it should definitely be done by tomorrow morning, maybe sooner.

Good to know on the pin to drive! Well wear!

They gave me a Model 3 LR for an entire weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭jerryg

They gave me a Model 3 LR for an entire weekend.

Got my SR plus today,it came on a flat bed truck no issues very happy with the shut lines the paint work is great if I was to be really picky there’s a 1 cm sq kerbing on a back wheel underneath is perfect. I went to Navan return and came back on the motorway lovely drive.

jerryg wrote: »
    Got my SR plus today,it came on a flat bed truck no issues very happy with the shut lines the paint work is great if I was to be really picky there’s a 1 cm sq kerbing on a back wheel underneath is perfect. I went to Navan return and came back on the motorway lovely drive.

Did you try out auto steer?

Makes motorway driving an absolute pleasure.

I still feel a tiny bit nervous using autopilot on M50 when passing trucks and some arses who love occupying two lanes. Having heard so many stories of phantom braking so I was always prepared to react, but it was actually all working fine to date.

I would still swirl out and pause the auto steer when these things happen, but the whole auto pilot experience has been quite smooth so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭jerryg

Did you try out auto steer?

Makes motorway driving an absolute pleasure.

No I didn’t try it yet,something to look forward to!

• Advertisement

Mine feels too noticeable and frequent to be normal so want to get it checked out. I’ll report back what they say on Tuesday and let you know.

Turned on climate this morning on the phone and there's a very loud whining noise. Sure let us know what they tell you, might need to book in also.

Advertisement