Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Turned on climate this morning on the phone and there's a very loud whining noise. Sure let us know what they tell you, might need to book in also.

Will do. Booked in for 12. They’ve said they’ll be keeping it until late evening.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Will do. Booked in for 12. They’ve said they’ll be keeping it until late evening.

They typicially keep the car til close of business (5:30pm), and will give you a shout around 4:30pm with an update, and to give you time to make your way over there....

Hopefully they have a loaner for you also.. I got a 172D Model S90D last week..

They typicially keep the car til close of business (5:30pm), and will give you a shout around 4:30pm with an update, and to give you time to make your way over there....

Hopefully they have a loaner for you also.. I got a 172D Model S90D last week..

Yep getting a loaner

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Just saw a trailer load of Model 3s pulled up at the side of the road on Fota Island near Cobh in Cork which seems a bit.....random. Deliveries? NVD truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭wassie

For anyone who just got the 2021 Model 3, this is well worth getting:

Car Central Armrest Storage Box For Tesla Model 3 2021 Accessories Center Console Flocking Organizer Containers Car Interior
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLDtZQT

Mine arrived today and it fits perfectly, looks OEM - even the flocking matches perfectly with the existing interior of that space.

Ordered from the link above about a month ago and it arrived today FYI.

Must have accessory for the 2021 version IMHO. Importantly it sits above the USB outlets, so wont interfere if you have cables plugged in.

Great spot to keep the RFID cards for charging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Delivery today. No contact bar the sign acceptance email . Is this the norm ?

Sitting here loosing my sh*t

J-W wrote: »

I’m just back from dropping mine in to be checked. It’s fairly busy up there, heaps of model 3s being loaded onto flat beds and driven off by Tesla people.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

I’m tomorrow they sent me the same email I accepted delivery !!! I not taking a day off waiting around for them all day I’m 2km away from Sandyford- I’d say they should call you on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

You will just get a call out of the blue from the delivery driver. Don't sign the email until it's delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

If you live in Dublin, they would normally call you right before they drove the car out from Sandyford.

• Advertisement

Service appointment booked for Tuesday.

First issue is a really loud, high pitched buzzing coming from back of the car. Happens when I turn on climate remotely. This seems to trigger the battery to precondition - on the climate page of the app it shows a red battery with a red snowflake in it on top right of app screen. Has happened both Saturday and Sunday morning. Lasts about 20 mins and then stops and the red battery icon disappears.

Second issue is a rumbling/vibration noise when the car is sitting still, either parked or at lights. Car rumbles noticeably every 20 seconds or so. Seems to be the A/C as when I turn it off it doesn’t happen.

:(

Ok so just back from Sandyford.

First issue is expected behaviour on heat pump equipped Model 3s. Not ideal.

Second issue with the rumbling is a known issue, again due to heat pump, but will be fixed in an OTA update soon.

I also had a door alignment issue and red mark on the interior A pillar, both of which they fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

When sitting in the car with the Aircon and fans off and the car in "P" can anyone hear a low whirring noise like a fan sound?

Dozz wrote: »
    When sitting in the car with the Aircon and fans off and the car in "P" can anyone hear a low whirring noise like a fan sound?

No, nothing when climate fans are off. Although depending on the temp of your battery it could be the motors or heat pump.

I noticed a subtle ‘click’ sound at times when driving on uneven roads or on high speed (almost like someone pressing their ballpoint pen repeatedly). A bit annoying when the music is off. Anyone having the same issue?

My white SR+ was delivered today at 14:30 . Flat bed recovery truck. From the initial inspection it's perfect. Some of the gaps are a bit big but all even so no biggie. No noise issues yet but I'm just getting used to what's normal . Drove it around for about 45min . A dream

Sam W wrote: »
    I noticed a subtle ‘click’ sound at times when driving on uneven roads or on high speed (almost like someone pressing their ballpoint pen repeatedly). A bit annoying when the music is off. Anyone having the same issue?

Sounds like the issue I had resolved last week where the hose for the window washer fluid was loose and tapping against the bulkhead...

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

My white SR+ was delivered today at 14:30 . Flat bed recovery truck. From the initial inspection it's perfect. Some of the gaps are a bit big but all even so no biggie. No noise issues yet but I'm just getting used to what's normal . Drove it around for about 45min . A dream

Hi J-W. Yes it's so different from driving a petrol/diesel it's hard to know what's normal. Best of luck with it

Sam W wrote: »

Had this happen to me before in my previous car. Was a stone lodged in the tire. Worth a check

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I picked up my car on Saturday, forgot to post pics! It's an absolute dream.

PXL-20210307-152221174-2.png
    PXL-20210307-164636722-2.png
    PXL-20210307-184818035-NIGHT.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23 zaphod42

Good to see some photos! What’s the order to delivery process been like for any of you that have recently taken delivery? How many days before delivery were you asked for deposit, received your VIN etc?

I’ve been told my car will be here next week but so far all I’ve got is email from an advisor confirming that finance is approved. Nothing else since really. The car was ordered from existing inventory a little over 2 weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

zaphod42 wrote: »
    Good to see some photos! What’s the order to delivery process been like for any of you that have recently taken delivery? How many days before delivery were you asked for deposit, received your VIN etc?

I’ve been told my car will be here next week but so far all I’ve got is email from an advisor confirming that finance is approved. Nothing else since really. The car was ordered from existing inventory a little over 2 weeks ago.

It actually all went pretty well for me. Just don't expect loads of communication. You just get random emails asking for different bits and bobs. Car was delivered to me on Saturday. I had the car paid for in full in February a good 3 weeks prior to deliver iirc, avoided the tax hike.

There are a few slight alignment issues but unless I went looking I never would have known and I think I have some of the noises that the lads are talking about but they aren't annoying me.

It's ruddy fast too, I got the Long Range version, it just never seems to stop pulling.

Had this happen to me before in my previous car. Was a stone lodged in the tire. Worth a check
    Sounds like the issue I had resolved last week where the hose for the window washer fluid was loose and tapping against the bulkhead...

Thanks guys. I have a service appointment for the paint scratches tomorrow so I'll get them to take a look at this as well.

Guys am I correct in saying delivery is really just a drop off and you do minimal checks - you get a week or 100km to report issues - or do I go through the checklist at delivery?

Guys am I correct in saying delivery is really just a drop off - you get a week or 100km to check for issues - or do I go through the checklist at delivery?

It's just a drop off . Yer man isn't a Tesla employee. You report any issues through the app.
    I basically took a 5min look for anything majorl6 wrong and yer man had driven it off the flat bed and into my driveway.
    That had to do

Slaanesh wrote: »

Looking good,

Just need to get that number plate off and a better option on.....

It's just a drop off . Yer man isn't a Tesla employee. You report any issues through the app.
    I basically took a 5min look for anything majorl6 wrong and yer man had driven it off the flat bed and into my driveway.
    That had to do

Thanks a mill you know yourself 9am might be any time

Slaanesh wrote: »

PXL-20210307-152221174-2.png
    PXL-20210307-164636722-2.png
    PXL-20210307-184818035-NIGHT.png

Nice..

Ok so just back from Sandyford.

First issue is expected behaviour on heat pump equipped Model 3s. Not ideal.

Second issue with the rumbling is a known issue, again due to heat pump, but will be fixed in an OTA update soon.

I also had a door alignment issue and red mark on the interior A pillar, both of which they fixed.

First issue doesn’t sound great tbh

First issue doesn’t sound great tbh

Nope and seems like a few in here have the same. According to Tesla every Model 3 with the heat pump makes this whining when preconditioning.

• Advertisement

Heat pumps make noise.... so completely to be expected that they’d make a whining. Oise when pre-heating the battery/cabin.

Advertisement