Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

It makes some noise but it’s really minimal to me. I turn on climate to 18.5C a few minutes before I leave the house. I couldn’t hear any loud noise in or outside of the car. There’s a bit of high pitch noise but that’s it. If the sound is loud enough, surely it would be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Got my car delivered yesterday! Couldn't be happier!

I also get the noise and vibration from the heat pump/HVAC, but to be honest, doesn't bother me...

The only issue I have is my rear left when had curb rash which wasn't my doing, so service was logged for them to look at it / replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Got my car delivered yesterday! Couldn't be happier!

I also get the noise and vibration from the heat pump/HVAC, but to be honest, doesn't bother me...

The only issue I have is my rear left when had curb rash which wasn't my doing, so service was logged for them to look at it / replace it.

Congrats!

Yeah my main worry was that there was something wrong, but I’m ok with it now knowing it’s not damaging and that a software fix coming soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Congrats!

Yeah my main worry was that there was something wrong, but I’m ok with it now knowing it’s not damaging and that a software fix coming soon.

Oh, yea I know where you coming from... rather have it looked at to be sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Passed a red and black I think on the truck and trailer heading west on the n4

• Advertisement

Oh I meant to say, I had a few cosmetic issues and they fixed them up no problem. They replaced the entire A pillar interior piece because of a red marker stain. So I’d say they’ll just replace the hubcap or wheel for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rg_lv

Received my car yesterday also .Its a Fremont car- No wooden side pillars and no heated steering wheel. Car it self is perfect Went through the check list and couldn't find any fault.
    but a little disappointed about the steering wheel and side pillars.
    HVAC noise is very minimal. Only notice it if i am standing next to the car

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Sam W wrote: »
    It makes some noise but it’s really minimal to me. I turn on climate to 18.5C a few minutes before I leave the house. I couldn’t hear any loud noise in or outside of the car. There’s a bit of high pitch noise but that’s it. If the sound is loud enough, surely it would be an issue.

Mine is more like a low rumble than anything high pitched.

Heat pumps make noise.... so completely to be expected that they’d make a whining. Oise when pre-heating the battery/cabin.
    jhegarty wrote: »
    Mine is more like a low rumble than anything high pitched.

Just for info, link is the noise from mine. Recorded standing a metre from the car.

https://mega.nz/file/uV1WxChR#hf6Ry_6RkwE9DW4Yo3BEMtIjzbQVYBXfv4JGPNsgNvc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Wait till ye guys Supercharge, then you'll know all about noise. On my 4th supercharge on the same day last year you could hear the car well over a hundred yards away, the front baffles were fully open and the fans were like a small plane taking off

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Just for info, link is the noise from mine. Recorded standing a metre from the car.

I think that's the price of the heat pump alright, and those extra few km's of range...

I'd gladly have a car with heat pump if it made that noise.... and I'd have the power boot lift...... and new centre console..... and the chrome delete..... and double glazing..... and probably in black.... but other than that, I still love mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

That's continual progression with Teslas i'm afraid, i did think about upgrading to a 211 reg for about 10 minutes myself until i remembered Tesla don't make the performance stealth anymore i think i'm happier with what i have for a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Car arrived today looks good glad to say and test drives were fabulous- maybe boot a bit misaligned- I haven’t been focused on heat pump just trying to setup the basics - happy but haven’t an EV charger yet but should be soon so battery low as wasn’t charged much and sentry mode off - I think public charger tomorrow after work

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Too loud I haven’t heard anything like that ..

Get them to take a look again. The noise from mine can only be heard if it's really quiet. This is definitely way too loud.

Can i ask people who took delivery on Long range what code does it say for the battery in the delivery sheet?
    E3D or E5D? Please state is its MIC or fremont

Too loud I haven’t heard anything like that ..
    Get them to take a look again. The noise from mine can only be heard if it's really quiet. This is definitely way too loud.

I gave them that recording and they were able to reproduce the noise, but they say it's expected. Dunno what else I can do really.

rg_lv wrote: »
    Can i ask people who took delivery on Long range what code does it say for the battery in the delivery sheet?

MIC and E5D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Old_Sport

MIC and E5D

Also LR MIC and E5D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭teslad

That sounds like the infamous clicking air vent problem - I have it coming from the left hand vent area, but only while it is heating up. It sounds exactly like a pen clicking every few seconds. They've ordered parts to fix it, I've been told.

I noticed a subtle ‘click’ sound at times when driving on uneven roads or on high speed (almost like someone pressing their ballpoint pen repeatedly). A bit annoying when the music is off. Anyone having the same issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Sattwa06

Took delivery last Friday and everything has been going fine.
    However I updated the iOS on my iPhone and I notice that the Tesla App has started to behave erratically, it disconnects from my car.
    Has anyone else experienced this ?

Sattwa06 wrote: »
    Took delivery last Friday and everything has been going fine.
    However I updated the iOS on my iPhone and I notice that the Tesla App has started to behave erratically, it disconnects from my car.
    Has anyone else experienced this ?

Delete the app and re-install it

teslad wrote: »
    That sounds like the infamous clicking air vent problem - I have it coming from the left hand vent area, but only while it is heating up. It sounds exactly like a pen clicking every few seconds. They've ordered parts to fix it, I've been told.

They have taken a look yesterday and told me it was a part of the loose rubber seal hitting the window at times. They have got it fixed now.

On the other hand, I was told by my TD’s contact in the motor tax office, that the issue with the tax rate has been fixed. I am able to tax it online (even though I have already sent out a paper application).

On the other hand, I was told by my TD’s contact in the motor tax office, that the issue with the tax rate has been fixed. I am able to tax it online (even though I have already sent out a paper application).

I just re-taxed mine having been completely oblivious to the fact I've been driving around the last 11 days with no tax!!

I just re-taxed mine having been completely oblivious to the fact I've been driving around the last 11 days with no tax!!

Yeah same here. I just sent them an email asking them to discard my paper application

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I thought everything being delivered at the moment are MIC. SR+ and LR.

Gumbo wrote: »
    I thought everything being delivered at the moment are MIC. SR+ and LR.

No, I got a fremont car with E3D battery. Hoping it is the 82KWh pack.
    Only downside is it does not have the door trim or the heated steering wheel.
    Also luckily no panel gaps or misalignment

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No, I got a fremont car with E3D battery. Hoping it is the 82KWh pack.
    Only downside is it does not have the door trim or the heated steering wheel.
    Also luckily no panel gaps or misalignment

Did you get it recently as in this current batch of deliveries?
    Or was it selected from inventory from the uk stock?

The uk and NI for some Fremont deliveries.

• Advertisement

Gumbo wrote: »
    Did you get it recently as in this current batch of deliveries?
    Or was it selected from inventory from the uk stock?

The uk and NI for some Fremont deliveries.

I switched from a M3P to a long range in mid February. I think they assigned me an inventory car

Advertisement