Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

rg_lv wrote: »
    I switched from a M3P to a long range in mid February. I think they assigned me an inventory car

That might explain it then.
    There’s no performance deliveries in ROI until June as they come from the Fremont factory too.

All current LR and SR+ are MIC.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Can the LR pay for the performance boost?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

slave1 wrote: »
    Can the LR pay for the performance boost?

Yes, but you need to contact them to get it to show up as an upgradable option.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Ipro

Yes, but you need to contact them to get it to show up as an upgradable option.

Does performance boost on LR bring it to same 0-100 as M3P ?

Ipro wrote: »
    Does performance boost on LR bring it to same 0-100 as M3P ?

No,

I believe it brings it from 4.4 down to 3.9 or something...

Takes half a second off the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Anyone finding panel issues on the MICs?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Anyone finding panel issues on the MICs?

Few small issues. Car is actually in with them as we speak to get passenger doors aligned.

546776.png

546777.jpeg

Few small issues. Car is actually in with them as we speak to get passenger doors aligned.

546776.png

546777.jpeg

Thanks Wayne - only got a chance to look at it properly today - did you log it in the app under service -trim ?

Sorry pic fail I noticed these two but might get the ruler out - 1 or both? What do ye think?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Sorry pic fail I noticed these two but might get the ruler out - 1 or both? What do ye think?

Marginal, there's no misalignment which would trigger me more than a slightly wider gap that "normal"

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

slave1 wrote: »
    Marginal, there's no misalignment which would trigger me more than a slightly wider gap that "normal"

Thanks you sir that’s all I see really.
    I think I’ll log the first one if I see or hear anything else.

Thanks Wayne - only got a chance to look at it properly today - did you log it in the app under service -trim ?

Yep, exterior trim

Yep, exterior trim

Car back now, all sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Nearly 900kms in week 1. Its a great car!

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Nearly 900kms in week 1. Its a great car!

Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sattwa06

These mud flaps came in the boot of the car last week and I am hoping to attach them today.
    Has anyone else fitted them ? Any tips ?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Anybody know where you can see / download your warranty. I expected it in the delivery paperwork but nothing.
    If it's digital I would like a copy of my warranty at time of delivery not revision 279 in a few years if I had to use it

Sattwa06 wrote: »
    These mud flaps came in the boot of the car last week and I am hoping to attach them today.

Thanks in advance

I fitted them its very easy .

There are a few youtube guide's too.
    You may need a 10mm socket and ratchet ( my bolts were very loose and a medium flat head screw driver.

Lock the steering to one side . Pop off the two pop rivets and remove. Clean and dry the area.
    Check the bolt under the sill for tightness

Remove red cover on tape on mud guard extensions . Place over current mud guards.
    Note the top of the extensions has a slot to place over the original.
    Push back through the pop rivets. Press for a few min to insure adhesion
    Repeat on other side

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

J-W wrote: »
    Anybody know where you can see / download your warranty. I expected it in the delivery paperwork but nothing.
    If it's digital I would like a copy of my warranty at time of delivery not revision 279 in a few years if I had to use it

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/downloads/tesla-new-vehicle-limited-warranty-en-us.pdf

You can always ask them to write you an email or letter to explicitly confirm the warranty details, in case of any future disputes.

Sattwa06 wrote: »

Thanks in advance

They are the splash guards (that’s what Tesla call them anyway).

They get installed with the mud guard (which is a much smaller piece (they must already be installed on your car if you don’t have them))

I installed both sets together, but the splash guards were constantly scraping off the ground while driving/cornering...

My advise would be to not bother installing the splash guards. I was at Tesla last week, and they actually took them off for me, leaving only the smaller mud guards on.

They are extremely easy to install, just use a flat head screwdriver and pop out the 2 plugs behind the front wheel, and place these in position (removing the sticky tape backing), and then just re-insert the 2 plugs. If the mud guards are already installed, you won’t need a socket in install these, just remove the 2 pop rivets.

• Advertisement

They get installed with the mud guard (which is a much smaller piece (they must already be installed on your car if you don’t have them))

I installed both sets together, but the splash guards were constantly scraping off the ground while driving/cornering...

My advise would be to not bother installing the splash guards. I was at Tesla last week, and they actually took them off for me, leaving only the smaller mud guards on.

They are extremely easy to install, just use a flat head screwdriver and pop out the 2 plugs behind the front wheel, and place these in position (removing the sticky tape backing), and then just re-insert the 2 plugs. If the mud guards are already installed, you won’t need a socket in install these, just remove the 2 pop rivets.

~~~~~
    I have just noticed that there is only one mud guard on the car on the drivers side.

I’ll need to talk with Tesla.

—-/—-

Thanks for all the help everyone.
    I have just noticed however that there is only one mud flap on the car on the drivers side ! 😬
    I will need to contact Tesla

Agree with this. The splash guards have almost no ground clearance and would scrape on the ground, ramps etc. I’m sticking with just the smaller mud flaps and threw the splash guards in the attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Shane119

Hi all. For anyone that went with the white interior, just wondering how ye’re finding it. Does it show the dirt? Is it hard to keep clean?

6% overnight battery drain seem a lot ?

MIC sr+ sentry mode on.
    Charged to 90% at about 18:00 yesterday and unplugged. No scheduled departure or anything set.

MIC sr+ sentry mode on.
    Charged to 90% at about 18:00 yesterday and unplugged. No scheduled departure or anything set.

I had a 2019 SR+ for the weekend as a loaner.
    It used 9% over night for me.

Today’s the first day I’ll get to have a decent look at the config -
    what alarms do people use?
    and do they add to the battery drain?
    Once the mirrors stay in I assume car is locked?
    Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

MIC sr+ sentry mode on.

That can't be right can it? My Leaf wouldn't use any apparent battery overnight - have parked it up for a couple of weeks and it might drop 1 or 2%

That can't be right can it? My Leaf wouldn't use any apparent battery overnight - have parked it up for a couple of weeks and it might drop 1 or 2%

Don't think their comparable in this instance
    Tesla has sentry mode with all those sensors and cameras buzzing away

• Advertisement

Leaf hasn’t got sentry and all the cameras running.

Advertisement