Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Tesla’s on 24/7, my 2015 S currently using around 2-2.5% a day sitting on the driveway (no sentry), was around 1% in Summer

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

slave1 wrote: »
    Tesla’s on 24/7, my 2015 S currently using around 2-2.5% a day sitting on the driveway (no sentry), was around 1% in Summer

My M3+ used 14 percent over 2 months.

1% per day would be way too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

redcup342 wrote: »
    My M3+ used 14 percent over 2 months.

1% per day would be way too much.

Sentry on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

I'm just thinking it might be the number of activations . It's currently pointed nose out to the road . Probably a bit of traffic ( housing estate) passing .I can position it with walls on 3 sides and see if that reduces it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I parked my Model 3 at the boat rental place in Carrick-on-Shannon last year for 6 nights..

Parked at 76%, came back to around 25% and something like 175 Sentry Events.....

Luckily there was a (still free) eCars AC22 right outside the carpark...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Yeah, this is something to definitely think about when that thing called holidays come around and car parked at airport for 2 weeks (+)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 zaphod42

From what I see sentry mode seems like the kinda of feature you might use when heading to do some shopping or parking up somewhere for 2 to 3 hours.

When it comes to airport long term parking or sitting out side your house (off charge) for 12 hours. The battery drain seems to be just too much to be practical.

Don’t think I’ll be using it during long term parking after watch this. Whenever I do get my Model 3.

J-W wrote: »
    Sentry on ?

No way, Sentry mode eats battery, it disables itself at 20%

You'd get max a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

With Sentry mode on 24/7, you can expect that the battery will drop to 20% within at most a week to 10 days. I have mine off when parked at home (I have security cameras at the front of the house anyway).

I'm just a bit annoyed by the fact that it would flash the light whenever a person walks past by. Attracts unnecessary (and sometimes confusing) attention to people.

I hate the flashing of the light when a sentry event is triggered.

It’s a pity it can’t be disabled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭wassie

They are the splash guards (that’s what Tesla call them anyway).

They get installed with the mud guard (which is a much smaller piece (they must already be installed on your car if you don’t have them))

I installed both sets together, but the splash guards were constantly scraping off the ground while driving/cornering...

My advise would be to not bother installing the splash guards. I was at Tesla last week, and they actually took them off for me, leaving only the smaller mud guards on.

I find the mudguards extensions/splashguards do the business for me with a mix of long motorway miles an country roads often covered in muck. They will scrape especially when coming in hot on a tight bend :D. Also picked up some rear ones to match (without the extensions) of Aliexpress.

wassie wrote: »
    I find the mudguards extensions/splashguards do the business for me with a mix of long motorway miles an country roads often covered in muck. They will scrape especially when coming in hot on a tight bend :D. Also picked up some rear ones to match (without the extensions) of Aliexpress.

I was going to shave about an inch off the bottom of them and try again. Its just that the scraping was getting annoying..

I need a few days of Irish weather though to convince me to do it, as the sides get filthy in a bit of rain.......

I have a small complaint regarding the user interface while the car is parked.

The car would automatically lock itself when I start driving, but then when I put it in parking mode, it would unlock itself unnecessary. Then if I need to press something on the screen (like changing the temperature or radio channel etc), it was so easy to accidentally open the frunk. Once it’s open, I would have to get off the car to close it.

It has happened like 5 times in the past 2 weeks.

Sam W wrote: »
    I have a small complaint regarding the user interface while the car is parked.

The car would automatically lock itself when I start driving, but then when I put it in parking mode, it would unlock itself unnecessary. Then if I need to press something on the screen (like changing the temperature or radio channel etc), it was so easy to accidentally open the frunk. Once it’s open, I would have to get off the car to close it.

It has happened like 5 times in the past 2 weeks.

Never happened me once in over. ahead of ownership!!!

You must have huge fingers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bobjs

Question to the new MIC SR+ owners. How's the battery?

Never happened me once in over. ahead of ownership!!!

You must have huge fingers!!

Haha it happens mostly when I change the A/C and then just tap out of the A/C screen, and when I just wanted to lock the car but accidentally touched the frunk.. yeah I guess so:)

Bobjs wrote: »
    Question to the new MIC SR+ owners. How's the battery?

It’s only been 1-2 weeks. With the lockdown, there aren’t too many long trips for us to fully test the battery limit.

With a full charge it’s giving me a 380-400 km range depending on the weather, but then with heater or A/C on, it’s a bit difficult to get a sense of the true range.

I had a full charge the day before, and have driven 73km (40km on M50 and the rest in city) since the charge with a bit of A/C on. Currently battery is showing around 72% with 313km left.

I don’t have sentry mode on when parked at home btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bobjs

It’s only been 1-2 weeks. With the lockdown, there aren’t too many long trips for us to fully test the battery limit.

With a full charge it’s giving me a 380-400 km range depending on the weather, but then with heater or A/C on, it’s a bit difficult to get a sense of the true range.

I had a full charge the day before, and have driven 73km (40km on M50 and the rest in city) since the charge with a bit of A/C on. Currently battery is showing around 72% with 313km left.

I don’t have sentry mode on when parked at home btw.
    That's not too bad. So 100% charge each time?

Bobjs wrote: »
    That's not too bad. So 100% charge each time?

The official advice is to fully charge it once a week. This is for the MIC models with LFP batteries only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

I had a full charge the day before, and have driven 73km (40km on M50 and the rest in city) since the charge with a bit of A/C on.

That equates to just 260km range, 100% to 0% :eek:.

Is this "charge to 100% once a week" Tesla advice? Seems pretty crazy to me but I'm no electrical engineer (allegedly :D).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Kramer wrote: »

Is this "charge to 100% once a week" Tesla advice? Seems pretty crazy to me but I'm no electrical engineer (allegedly :D).

Ya it bandied around, possibly in the owner manual too although I just saw advice to keep it above 20% and below 90% to maximise range in the manual. Tesla Bjorn has essentially put his "old" Model 3 through the ringer. In under 2 years he did about as much driving as I would do in 10, lots of DC fast charging and literally trying his best to stress it out.

He measured just under 8%.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

Anyone got a free EAP trial? Seems like alot of people across Europe are getting it until the end of month?

Kramer wrote: »

Yes this is confirmed by both Tesla China and Tesla UK/IRE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭wassie

zaphod42 wrote: »
    Don’t think I’ll be using it during long term parking after watch this. Whenever I do get my Model 3.

...and when ever we can start flying again!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

woodseb wrote: »
    Anyone got a free EAP trial? Seems like alot of people across Europe are getting it until the end of month?

I noticed some people on Facebook saying they got it-

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

There's just something that gives me the "heebee jeebees" about charging a Tesla to 100%.

ELM327 wrote: »
    There's just something that gives me the "heebee jeebees" about charging a Tesla to 100%.

Maybe, but every Tesla up to that point (MIC/LFP) has had a different battery in it.

I'm guessing Tesla are throttling the LFP batteries until they get some good data back before 'unlocking' them via an update...

Anyone get the email with the 2 week free trial for full autopilot ?

I'm seeing a range (on the energy screen, based on last 50km) of 225km @56%; SoC, so rounding up to 100% I'd see a range of 401km

SR+, Made in USA, 23,800km on the clock...

Happy enough with that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

woodseb wrote: »

Nope, would like one tho...

Advertisement