Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

Shane119 wrote: »
    Hi all. For anyone that went with the white interior, just wondering how ye’re finding it. Does it show the dirt? Is it hard to keep clean?

I've white interior since last March.

It is holding up well, you need to clean it once a week to remove dirt marks.

The dreaded blue jeans mark is starting to show

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Shane119

I've white interior since last March.

It is holding up well, you need to clean it once a week to remove dirt marks.

The dreaded blue jeans mark is starting to show

That’s what would worry me, alright. White interior looks great but long term I don’t know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭wassie

jusmeig wrote: »
    Yes I got it this morning. It just says cold weather improvements, it does not go into details.

Just in time for Spring.

In other news, Electrek are reporting that UK Govt has, apparently without warning...
    ...updated the incentive program to reduce the grant to £2,500 and change the price cap for eligibility from £50,000 to £35,000. Starting at £40,000, this change price the Model 3 out of the grant program.
    Article goes on to say its quite a big deal for Tesla, given the Model 3 was the biggest selling car overall in the UK Dec 2020;
    A government source told The Times that the change was specifically targeting Tesla'. “We’re ending the Tesla subsidy. Taxpayers should not be subsidising people to buy £50,000 cars.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

wassie wrote: »
    In other news, Electrek are reporting that UK Govt has, apparently without warning...
    Article goes on to say its quite a big deal for Tesla, given the Model 3 was the biggest selling car overall in the UK Dec 2020;

The way things are going after brexit, Brits could be buying new in Ireland & exporting the UK :eek:.
    Boris should consider a VRT type tax :pac:.
    As we reported earlier this week, it was revealed that Tesla had lobbied the UK government for greater EV incentives.

More specifically, Tesla called for the government to increase taxes on petrol and diesel in order to offer tax exemptions and grants at the purchase of electric vehicles.

So Elon wants the 99% plus of plebs, who can't afford a Tesla, to pay even higher taxes, to subsidise the rich, who can afford to buy a Tesla :rolleyes:.

He's a true egalitarian :D.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

There are plenty of affordable electric cars in the UK, not just Telsa

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Just been trying out my 2 week EAP Trial.

Not worth 7500 euros at all in my opinion (at least in Germany anyway) a few times I had to take over because it did something really bizarre (like trying to steer into a guard rail)

Also my other half said it drives like someone whos been drinking :pac: making small corrections all the time.

It has a looong way to go, I don't think it's doable with cameras tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

Posted this a few weeks ago but got lost in the deliveries. Would like thoughts....

As a model 3 driver, one thing I enjoyed over the past 18 months has been the knowing "tesla wave" which you give other fellow M3 drivers as you pass them . I notice this is on the wane lately, has anyone else noticed this ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I’ve had the wave off 2 Model 3’s, and a regular wave from a guy in a Model S out my way, and that’s it.....

See a lot of Model 3’s around these days and you don’t get a peep from them (though in fairness I don’t really wave either unless waved at).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I used to see (but not participate) the Leaf wave back in the day. I don't really do the Tesla wave but always nice to chat at chargers for a minute or so if possible.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Ceramic coating pics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

J-W wrote: »
    Ceramic coating pics

Nice! Are we talking > or < than €1000?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

So who do I contact to get the acceleration boost added to my upgrades? Be good to have some fun for 48 hours.

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Nice! Are we talking > or < than €1000?

Got it for quite a bit less than what most folk are quoting E400 . I'm happy with the service and product so far. I haven't even give it 1 wash since so don't know if it will make cleaning easy. It was done a week ago. Also know nothing about how it will last. Supposedly 5 years with proper maintenance. I couldn't really recommend without a bit more long term results. But glad I did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Got it for quite a bit less than what most folk are quoting E400 . I'm happy with the service and product so far. I haven't even give it 1 wash since so don't know if it will make cleaning easy. It was done a week ago. Also know nothing about how it will last. Supposedly 5 years with proper maintenance. I couldn't really recommend without a bit more long term results. But glad I did it.

That include interior too? I’m paying €950 for 7 year exterior, 3 year interior and brake callipers and wheels.

That include interior too? I’m paying €950 for 7 year exterior, 3 year interior and brake callipers and wheels.

Interior, exterior and glass. Wheels just coating the aero's so not as detailed. No brake calipers.

The price is for new cars only and based on minimal paint correction.

He said if it required a lot of machine polishing or paint correction that would be extra.

I requested Tesla not wash or valet my car before delivery surprisingly they listened Dropped it out to this lad first thing the morning after delivery day. He said there were only 2 minor correction and didn't charge for them . He said the paint was otherwise perfect

Interior, exterior and glass. Wheels just coating the aero's so not as detailed. No brake calipers.

He said if it required a lot of machine polishing or paint correction that would be extra.

I requested Tesla not wash or valet my car before delivery surprisingly they listened Dropped it out to this lad first thing the morning after delivery day. He said there were only 2 minor correction and didn't charge for them . He said the paint was otherwise perfect

That’s a great price so! Unfortunately seems he’s based in Offaly so won’t be able to make it down there and/or leave it there for 3 days.

That’s a great price so! Unfortunately seems he’s based in Offaly so won’t be able to make it down there and/or leave it there for 3 days.

Ya probably doesn't suit a lot of folk with lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

I got a rejection letter from the SEAI charger grant scheme, citing that the car was not properly registered by the dealer.

To anyone who is about to send in the application, make sure that you include the vehicle registration certificate even though the application form says it’s not required for new cars.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Sam W wrote: »
    make sure that you include the vehicle registration certificate even though the application form says it’s not required for new cars.

It is required unless you provide the car SEAI application number when applying for the charger grant

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Sam W wrote: »
    I got a rejection letter from the SEAI charger grant scheme, citing that the car was not properly registered by the dealer.

To anyone who is about to send in the application, make sure that you include the vehicle registration certificate even though the application form says it’s not required for new cars.

Ah Sh*te! I sent mine yesterday without the vehicle registration certificate because it says not required!

Fingers crossed everything is okay!

Did you send the original or just a copy?

• Advertisement

Ah Sh*te! I sent mine yesterday without the vehicle registration certificate because it says not required!

Don’t send the original VRT cert!

I just sent a copy of it as I figured best to be on the safe side. Got an email on the 10th March saying it’s being assessed and payment will be made within 4 to 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭olearydc

Fair play. Would you be able to pm me details if okay

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

Just a copy. I would just send a copy over separately, quoting your application number. Worst case scenario they would reject the application and return everything to you, but you can send the same documents over again with the reg certificate attached.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Don’t send the original VRT cert!

I just sent a copy of it as I figured best to be on the safe side. Got an email on the 10th March saying it’s being assessed and payment will be made within 4 to 6 weeks.

My parents are in there since 27th January and still
    Awaiting payment.

Gumbo wrote: »
    My parents are in there since 27th January and still
    Awaiting payment.

Jaysus, hope I’m not waiting that long.

OCD charge €1k for their 5 year coating.
    What package did you get for €400?

Jaysus, hope I’m not waiting that long.

I was speaking to them this morning. It’s in the process so shouldn’t be too much longer. It has been approved for payment so should have it in the next few weeks. I started the post back in January so I’ll update once payment arrives.

OCD charge €1k for their 5 year coating.
    What package did you get for €400?

"New Car Prep - protection Detail ( Duration 1- 2 days
    5 year premium ceramic coating available only from certified detailers- from 400 euro ) "

"New Car Prep - protection Detail ( Duration 1- 2 days
    5 year premium ceramic coating available only from certified detailers- from 400 euro ) "

That’s a great deal. I assume minimal paint correction.

I just bought a new Machine Polisher from them last week too and OCD would be one of the bigger retailers/suppliers in the country so you can be assured your getting quality.

Did they go through the maintenance guide for you?

• Advertisement

That’s a great deal. I assume minimal paint correction.

I just bought a new Machine Polisher from them last week too and OCD would be one of the bigger retailers/suppliers in the country so you can be assured your getting quality.

Did they go through the maintenance guide for you?

He didn't go through the maintenance much. I had to ask about washing and such.
    I picked up some appropriate snow foam while I was there

Advertisement