Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

bf wrote: »
    My old car, it’s a proper P! PM me if you want any details

Cool. Thanks.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

171 Model 3 sold in Feb, and 148 sold in March. Decent numbers, nearly half what was sold in all of last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

So we got our car today.

I really love the inside of it. Very minimalist and an air of quality of the materials used.

Was coming up the m50 doing around 90 and went to overtake a truck....foot down and "whoosh". Literally 120 in a couple of seconds....no delay, just bang and you are flying!!

Brought it home and the wife went for a spin. She drives an 840 BMW which is no slouch for a diesel. We went on to the m50 (inside our 5kms still) and she floored it on the slip road. It frightened the bejaysus out of her....her exact words "Jesus that is like being on a rollercoaster".

For the time being we will only charge from a 3 pin plug if needed or the local circle k has a charger so I'd like to try it to get used to the charging process. In reality we could probably go 3 weeks without charging as we aren't going anywhere soon!!

What Bollicks robbed the car from Frank keane I was having the mad notion ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

mfceiling wrote: »
    So we got our car today.

Well wear :).

Was coming up the m50 doing around 90 and went to overtake a truck....foot down and "whoosh". Literally 120 in a couple of seconds....no delay

Is the M50 speed limit back up to 120? :eek:.

:P.

• Advertisement

Kramer wrote: »
    Well wear :).

The bottom bit past sandyford!!

Kramer wrote: »

Not near me :(
    I think I got caught doing 120ish in the 100 zone!
    There’s was loads of cars with me so it’s a bet on which lane the van was limiting at.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

Gumbo wrote: »
    Not near me :(
    I think I got caught doing 120ish in the 100 zone!
    There’s was loads of cars with me so it’s a bet on which lane the van was limiting at.

The van can monitor up to 5 lanes at the same time from in both directions, according to RSA.
    https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/ploughing-championships/watch-how-many-lanes-are-monitored-and-is-there-somebody-in-there-inside-a-speed-camera-van-36150675.html

I saw less guards recently in and around the city, but much more speed vans, which is quite a pain when everyone drives a tiny bit more than the speed limit...

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Hi all

Looking if recommendations in a good car shampoo for say monthly hand wash on a car with ceramic coating.
    Something with no added wax or gloss

Ta

My old car, it’s a proper P! PM me if you want any details

Sold already.

• Advertisement

J-W wrote: »
    Hi all

Looking if recommendations in a good car shampoo for say monthly hand wash on a car with ceramic coating.
    Something with no added wax or gloss

Ta

What ceramic coating have you got?

The big players have washes to match their coatings with additives to maintain the base layer and boost hydrophobic properties.

Gtechniq have GWash.
    CarPro have Reset.

I was trying to get an idea of how much actual mileage I could get with SR+.

I charged my battery to full 2 weeks ago, and just went on doing grocery shopping etc every few days.

The battery turned yellow (20% left) after 212km, which includes around 40km on motorways doing 110-120km/h. The rest were all city driving.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Sam W wrote: »
    I was trying to get an idea of how much actual mileage I could get with SR+.

I charged my battery to full 2 weeks ago, and just went on doing grocery shopping etc every few days.

The battery turned yellow (20% left) after 212km, which includes around 40km on motorways doing 110-120km/h. The rest were all city driving.

Do you know what your consumption was in Wh/km for that 212km?

Do you know what your consumption was in Wh/km for that 212km?

Between 145-150 I think

I charged to 80% on Tuesday night, drove ~165km's by Thursday afternoon, and was down to 22%
    165km for 58% means 100% would get me about 284km (based on those few days conditions).

Based on your 212km for 80% - 100% would get you around 265km

Similar enough numbers, though I only did about 25-30 motorway km's, and the rest were a mix of urban & rural.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Neworder79

As Gov announce new €60,000 cap on the €5,000 SEAI Grant – I assume this means only SR+ with limited configuration now qualifies (€53,657 pre grant)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Neworder79 wrote: »
    As Gov announce new €60,000 cap on the €5,000 SEAI Grant – I assume this means only SR+ with limited configuration now qualifies (€53,657 pre grant)?

Yep, while a non white LR goes to €65k & a Performance with FSD - over €81,000 :eek:.

Ludicrous :pac:.

So I told you I'd be back with stupid questions!!

I see the prices advertised for kWh. Roughly and I mean roughly how many units would it take to charge from 20% to 80%?

Again just a rough idea to get an idea of different charging prices.

Thanks.

I see the prices advertised for kWh. Roughly and I mean roughly how many units would it take to charge from 20% to 80%?

Thanks.

20% to 80% in an SR+ is about 30kWh

SR+ has about a 50kWh usable battery, so every 1kWh is about 2% of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Sold already.

Pity you didn’t get to test drive it. I knew they were close to a sale on it last week.

• Advertisement

Pity you didn’t get to test drive it. I knew they were close to a sale on it last week.

Tbh if I was serious I would have bought it sight unseen. Once you said it was yours then that would have been fine. I had one before from the service centre while my MSP was in there so know how they drive etc

Thanks.

Assume your on standard ESB rate per kWh.
    Let’s call it 20c. I know it’s 18 or something along those lines but for simple maths let’s leave it at 20c. Then assume your car has 50 kWh battery.

50x20c is €10 for a full charge.
    €10=100%.
    €1 = 10%

So for every 10% charge costs you €1.

Quick basic figure to keep it easy in your head. There are charging cable losses etc but for simplicity €1 = 10%.

Tbh if I was serious I would have bought it sight unseen. Once you said it was yours then that would have been fine. I had one before from the service centre while my MSP was in there so know how they drive etc

It was well looked after, I just have a bad habit with changing cars :D

Do you mind us asking what you replaced it with?

I presume a BMW?

Do you mind us asking what you replaced it with?

I presume a BMW?

Audi ETron - I looked at changing into a 2021 LR Model 3, but cost to change was ridiculous

The eagle eyed amongst you might have spotted a Model 3 while watching The Falcon & The Winter Soldier....

549054.jpeg

Seems to be back up for sale in their Northside garage. May do a drive by tomorrow to see if it’s there.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27702174

Seems to be back up for sale in their Northside garage. May do a drive by tomorrow to see if it’s there.

DO IT.

I'd want to know why it was traded in

• Advertisement

I'd want to know why it was traded in

He changed to an E-Tron
    Audi ETron - I looked at changing into a 2021 LR Model 3, but cost to change was ridiculous

Advertisement