Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The eagle eyed amongst you might have spotted a Model 3 while watching The Falcon & The Winter Soldier....
    Spoiler:eek:

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

slave1 wrote: »

Yeah, spoiler alert, everyone is about to be killed, and suddenly out of nowhere, Elon arrives in a Model 3 to save them.......... But it flies!!!!!!!

slave1 wrote: »

Also spoiler....... they found a Model 3 with no rear light lens fogged up!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

What's the story with the security/sentry option. I got into the car this evening and there was 6 notifications about security on the screen but when you tap the icon, nothing happens.

The car isn't registered in my name yet as I'm waiting on the tax book.

Looking online it says you have to tap the camera icon on the screen but there isn't one there!!

mfceiling wrote: »
    What's the story with the security/sentry option. I got into the car this evening and there was 6 notifications about security on the screen but when you tap the icon, nothing happens.

The car isn't registered in my name yet as I'm waiting on the tax book.

Looking online it says you have to tap the camera icon on the screen but there isn't one there!!

Do you have a flash drive installed to record the clips to?
    If there’s no cars to write to, Sentry Will still operate, but won’t have anywhere to save the files...

• Advertisement

Do you have a flash drive installed to record the clips to?
    If there’s no cars to write to, Sentry Will still operate, but won’t have anywhere to save the files...

Obviously I don't!! I think to be fair it's just a few of the neighbours having a nosey at the car!!

I’d get a card in there for Sentry and dashcam.

You wouldn’t want to arrive back to your car in a carpark and find a big dent or scratch, and not have the video footage of what happened!!!

He changed to an E-Tron

But why? If tesla is a pinnacle why change?

It’s not the pinnacle in terms of interior build quality...say some

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I'd want to know why it was traded in

Already discussed when the original owner was thinking of selling a month or so ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

But why? If tesla is a pinnacle why change?

I had it a year and a half, longest I’ve ever kept a car! Never had any issues with it, if anyone is interested in the car I’m more than happy share my experience over PM

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

bf wrote: »
    I had it a year and a half, longest I’ve ever kept a car! Never had any issues with it, if anyone is interested in the car I’m more than happy share my experience over PM

You shouldn’t have to explain yourself. People move “up, down, sideways” in terms of “luxury” (in the traditional sense) cars all the time. Just because you’ve moved from a Tesla doesn’t mean you need an answer to it lol. Enjoy the new car and fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭ferg01

Hi all,

Just a quick question...still considering a change and now looking at a Model 3 Long Range version.

I’m moving into rented accommodation for about a year so it is feasible to charge the Tesla from a 3 pin socket for a few months before another move to where I can get my own charging box?

I’ll be able to charge at work too but won’t be there very frequently. The network of public chargers isn’t great where I live.

Thanks for any comments

ferg01 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just a quick question...still considering a change and now looking at a Model 3 Long Range version.

I’m moving into rented accommodation for about a year so it is feasible to charge the Tesla from a 3 pin socket for a few months before another move to where I can get my own charging box?

I’ll be able to charge at work too but won’t be there very frequently. The network of public chargers isn’t great where I live.

Thanks for any comments

That's what I'm doing. We are looking to move house in the next few months.

I plugged it in earlier at 49% and the dash said 20 hours to full!!

I have a charger at my local circle k (less than half a mile away). I'm waiting on my esb card and my chargepoint card to arrive then I'm set!! To be fair for the next while we are doing little to no miles bar the odd run to the supermarket or the local coffee shop so a charge will last ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭ferg01

Good to know, thanks for the info. I had seen that charging an EV might cause tripping. It won’t really bother me if it takes ages to charge fully, limited spins for a while here too!

Hi all,

Thanks for any comments

Yes, you’ll be grand. What is your expected daily mileage?
    You may only be topping up the battery after the first few days fills it.
    mfceiling wrote: »
    That's what I'm doing. We are looking to move house in the next few months.

I plugged it in earlier at 49% and the dash said 20 hours to full!!

I have a charger at my local circle k (less than half a mile away). I'm waiting on my esb card and my chargepoint card to arrive then I'm set!! To be fair for the next while we are doing little to no miles bar the odd run to the supermarket or the local coffee shop so a charge will last ages.

Log in on the app and use the app to start and end the charge if you need the public eCar chargers I don’t actually carry the cards with me anymore.

Good to know, thanks for the info. I had seen that charging an EV might cause tripping. It won’t really bother me if it takes ages to charge fully, limited spins for a while here too!

The granny cable only draws 2.3kw.
    Your kettle draws more!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jasna1982

Hi all,
    Thinking about buying a Tesla but living in Galway I have some concerns.
    If I need to get it serviced, is that always a trip to Dublin? It seems there’s only 1 Tesla garage in Ireland (I imagine service is a lot less frequent)
    Similarly if it breaks down, would that be a tow to Dublin at my own cost? Or does Tesla cover that in warranty? Having had terrible luck with cars, breaking down is always my first concern 😜

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Jasna1982 wrote: »
    Hi all,

They do have a mobile mechanic, known as a ranger, who can do some repairs at your home/workplace. Bigger stuff would need to be done in the Sandyford service centre - stuff requiring a lift/bigger equipment etc.

Bodywork - there are a few authorised shops around, one in Galway I believe.

They are generally reliable enough though so it wouldn't unduly prevent me from buying one, which i did :).

If you make the leap, remember to use a referral code before ordering - can't really be added to an order afterwards.
    You're welcome to mine if you need one - drop me a PM.

Kramer wrote: »
    They do have a mobile mechanic, known as a ranger, who can do some repairs at your home/workplace. Bigger stuff would need to be done in the Sandyford service centre - stuff requiring a lift/bigger equipment etc.

Bodywork - there are a few authorised shops around, one in Galway I believe.

They are generally reliable enough though so it wouldn't unduly prevent me from buying one, which i did :).

If you make the leap, remember to use a referral code before ordering - can't really be added to an order afterwards.
    You're welcome to mine if you need one - drop me a PM.

Thanks!
    But away yet from buying one, but I’ll come back to this when I do 😀

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

• Advertisement

Hi all,

A reminder too that the €5k SEAI grant should be ending in July for €60k & up BEVs. The most basic Model 3 LR will likely increase by €5k, to over €64k, as will all Performance Model 3s, Model S & Model X.

Tesla will need to drop the Model 3 LR by that €5k, to keep it under €60k, to keep the SEAI grant. If I were getting a Model 3 LR, it would be non-white with the 19" wheels & I doubt Tesla will drop €8k off the current price to keep the grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

If I were getting a Model 3 LR, it would be non-white with the 19" wheels & I doubt Tesla will drop €8k off the current price to keep the grant.
    Even after Berlin production starts? Some import duty off but higher labor costs. Hmm
    Would you consider the tow hitch? They say it can't be added at a later stage.
    I feel that Tesla will have a busy Q2 in Ireland. On the ordering page the estimated delivery is June. Are they actually good in these predictions or is June in Elon time?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭teslad

Honestly, I've had my M3 back in Sandyford a lot of times - all small things and nothing that bothers me, but if I lived outside of Dublin I think it would have been a real problem.

Would just hope you are lucky and don't have any niggles with the car, though from what I hear there are a lot of niggly issues going around!

Some of my A/C problems, the car was in for 2-3 days and still not done as they had to order parts which seems to take weeks and weeks to arrive, FYI.

BUT it's all worth it, trust me!

Hi all,
    If I need to get it serviced, is that always a trip to Dublin? It seems there’s only 1 Tesla garage in Ireland (I imagine service is a lot less frequent)
    Similarly if it breaks down, would that be a tow to Dublin at my own cost? Or does Tesla cover that in warranty? Having had terrible luck with cars, breaking down is always my first concern ��

A reminder too that the €5k SEAI grant should be ending in July for €60k & up BEVs. The most basic Model 3 LR will likely increase by €5k, to over €64k, as will all Performance Model 3s, Model S & Model X.

Tesla will need to drop the Model 3 LR by that €5k, to keep it under €60k, to keep the SEAI grant. If I were getting a Model 3 LR, it would be non-white with the 19" wheels & I doubt Tesla will drop €8k off the current price to keep the grant.

Where are you seeing the most basic model would increase to over 64k?
    Currently it’s at 48k according to the online order

• Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Currently it’s at 48k according to the online order

Basic Long Range.

I can't see Tesla dropping their prices, they don't care about a tiny Irish market. A M3 LR+ can be got in the USA for 35 K USD, it's the extortionate taxes in Ireland that make them so expensive along with everything else.

I do agree though that the subsidies have to end sometime.

A reminder too that the €5k SEAI grant should be ending in July for €60k & up BEVs.

It's being removed for BEVs over €60k, so the current SR+ wouldn't be affected. LR (Long Range) & others, likely will be.
    innrain wrote: »
    Even after Berlin production starts? Some import duty off but higher labor costs. Hmm

The LR could still be over the €60k, even coming out of Berlin. It almost certainly would be in non-white with the 19" wheels.

I can't see many opting for the LR at €65k+ when the ID.4 with similar sized battery could be bought for €20k less :eek:.

...A M3 LR+ can be got in the USA for 35 K USD..

Huh?

I had to go over to the Nutgrove shopping centre to get a few bits from homebase and Aldi.

Parked underground and there is specific parking for ev's. Great job...plugged in my cable and charge away (no cost or at least I couldn't see anywhere to make a payment). Came back and stopped the charge from the dash but couldn't get the cable to release. After much head scratching and arseing around my daughter pipes up "dad it says unlock cable on the screen"!! Every day is a school day.

On another note, the door rubber on the bottom of the rear driver's door is coming away quite badly. Not really ideal on a car that's a year old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

A M3 LR+ can be got in the USA for 35 K USD,

That doesn't sound right. And I'd imagine that the price on the website is also without taxes as the state taxes are all different over there?

Advertisement