Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Jasna1982 wrote: »
    How do you charge if you don't have driveway parking?
    I live in a house that has off street parking, but it's house - pavement - parking. Can I install a home charger at the side of my house and run the cable across the pavement to my car?
    Or is that considered a safety hazard?

Do what I did:

551563.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

...in most other cars, he has to set cruise control a few km/h over the 90 or 120 to compensate.

Which is intentional, to allow for different tyres to be fitted and other tolerances. I'd guess Tesla are calibrating the dash periodically from the GPS over a long distance.

In my car (not a Tesla) there's actually a parameter which can be coded to set the over indication percentage. As the car comes with GPS as standard on this, and many other modern cars, it would be great to see more OEM's do as Tesla do.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

It was discussed long ago in another thread, that a cars speedo is calibrated for the largest wheel/tyre combo that can possibly be fitted on the car, meaning that the car speedo can never under read the speed...

Over reading is fine, but a car under reading (saying your doing 120 but actually doing 123) could be a very bad thing for a variety of reasons....

In the Model 3 you can select the wheel configuration you have on the car. When you change the configuration the display reboots, so I’m guessing this changes the speedo settings so it’s always reading accurately, and probably verified by GPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jasna1982

Do what I did:

551563.jpeg

Do you need special permissions to get those installed from the council or the estate management company?

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

Do you need special permissions to get those installed from the council or the estate management company?

Private estate so nothing needed from council. I just emailed my management company to say I was doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If private, management company.
    If public, then council permission.

My car in for service on a rattle today. Got a loaner which must have been recently traded in, possibly by someone on here…

551764.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

Was that the one with a missing camera right? I had it for a few days as well. In retrospect, white looks nicer than my blue.

Btw, does anyone know how to remove the bird poop from the handle? It dropped right in the tiny gap between the door and the handle. Even worse, it is inside the part where the handle goes inwards, not outwards.
    I wiped the handle clean but I can still visibly see some in the gap, which is utterly disgusting...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GT2RS

Had a look on the configurator just now and the towbar option has disappeared for the M3 SR+? Is the same for the rest of you?

• Advertisement

Sam W wrote: »
    Btw, does anyone know how to remove the bird poop from the handle? It dropped right in the tiny gap between the door and the handle. Even worse, it is inside the part where the handle goes inwards, not outwards.
    I wiped the handle clean but I can still visibly see some in the gap, which is utterly disgusting...

Can of compressed air?

My car in for service on a rattle today.

Got it back. All sorted. Driver’s side seat belt adjuster to blame and also replaced driver and passenger rear door seals.

While they had it they realised the key card wasn’t opening the car (I hadn’t noticed as I use my phone). Turns out the NFC chip in the door pillar had failed and they had to replace it. Glad they found it and I wasn’t stranded somewhere when my phone died!

Can of compressed air?

I’m gonna try WD40 with some baby wipes tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

[
    Sam W wrote: »
    I’m gonna try WD40 with some baby wipes tomorrow

Be careful with the baby wipes. Birp poop invariably has sand in it - very abrasive & very easy to induce scratches. I know it's inside the handle aperture, but be careful with your new bus :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

GT2RS wrote: »
    Had a look on the configurator just now and the towbar option has disappeared for the M3 SR+? Is the same for the rest of you?

I thought it was always only on the LR but could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

This article doesnt state it directly, but it may be able to be inferred that the Chinese made cars do not have this option, where the Fremont made cars did.
    And when they launched the option, they only made available for Model 3 vehicles in Europe.

This would explain why it was an option on the SR+ last year, but no longer is.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Is there a spreadsheet for referral codes somewhere still that folks are working their way through?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Is there a spreadsheet for referral codes somewhere still that folks are working their way through?

Are you finally pulling the trigger? :) I have one going ...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Nope, first come, first serve, I'll drop you a PM if you're looking for one

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Nope, first come, first serve, I'll drop you a PM if you're looking for one

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

How does the referral trick work?

I bought my model 3 2nd hand but it's showing on the app that I can share my referral code. Would the first owner not have used it?

mfceiling wrote: »
    How does the referral trick work?

I bought my model 3 2nd hand but it's showing on the app that I can share my referral code. Would the first owner not have used it?

As an owner, you have a referral code that can be used as many times as you want, and for every time your referral code is used, you’ll get 1,500km free Supercharging

As an owner, you have a referral code that can be used as many times as you want, and for every time your referral code is used, you’ll get 1,500km free Supercharging

I just checked my Tesla app. Impressed that even after just having put a deposit down a few hours ago, my referral link is live!

Each car referral also gives you a chance to win a Model Y monthly or Roadster supercar quarterly and the free supercharging expires 6 months after being added.

Paying or offering incentives for use of your link will be looked at by Tesla if you win a car, they have and continue to bar winners who break this part of their referral “good faith” program.

Bjorn even asked his people to stop using his referral as he has more free km’s than he could ever use in a lifetime, and asks followers to use the Markuu Biil referral instead….

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

Sabre Man wrote: »

Jaysus thats pretty cack

Btw, thanks to the driver of the blue LR Model 3 who answered a couple of questions for me about wheels at the southbound Apple Green at Castlebellingham yesterday if they're on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

s8n wrote: »
    Jaysus thats pretty cack

The car or the review?

• Advertisement

Bjorn even asked his people to stop using his referral as he has more free km’s than he could ever use in a lifetime, and asks followers to use the Markuu Biil referral instead….

He's done well from the referral program especially the early ones.
    Apart from his 1.5m kms free supercharging, huge Tesla "credit" for repairs/service costs, he won a X, a P90D Model S that they upgraded to a P100DL for him (which he sold to pay Norway tax on his X) and he has two next gen Roadsters whenever they become available.

Advertisement