Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Not sure if it's allowed but....is there a website where people can request a referral code?

I've no issue giving mine away. I'm not pushed on receiving the free charging myself as I probably won't use it but I'd rather someone else get something out of it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I don't think so, Tesla were great originally, I mean literally from the second referral you got really good rewards like full set of alloys.
    They have clamped down last year or two on promotion of referrals, most profile was Rich Rebuilds where they cancelled his account and he had a Roadster coming his way as the "spirit" of the referral program was not being followed....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Anyone know of the MIC model has the 980 or 990 rear motors? Assuming 990 as they're the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Anyone know of the MIC model has the 980 or 990 rear motors? Assuming 990 as they're the latest.

That’s one term I never understood. If you Google ‘980 motor’, all results there are from Tesla discussion forums, but I never really see it on Tesla’s official website or on any other manufacturers’ websites. What are they really? Are they some Tesla specific terms used by fans only?

Btw if you search this in Chinese ‘特斯拉 电机 980’ (or 990) they are not going to give you any meaningful result.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Sam W wrote: »
    That’s one term I never understood. If you Google ‘980 motor’, all results there are from Tesla discussion forums, but I never really see it on Tesla’s official website or on any other manufacturers’ websites. What are they really? Are they some Tesla specific terms used by fans only?

Btw if you search this in Chinese ‘特斯拉 电机 980’ (or 990) they are not going to give you any meaningful result.

It would be the equivalent of bmw owners comparing their 520d engines, for example, N47 or B47.

One has issues over the other and they have their own traits.
    So it’s a matter of m owing what’s in your car.

Nothing to do with “Tesla fans” at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Gumbo wrote: »
    It would be the equivalent of bmw owners comparing their 520d engines, for example, N47 or B47.

Yep, I'm no BMW fan, but know my 3 series has the M47 engine and not the N47... The M47 being built like a brick sh1thouse...

I understand it’s about the engine. What I don’t understand is whether they are the actual engine model names or if they are just ‘nicknames’. A google search on 980 or 990 doesn’t really give me anything useful, especially in China where there’s a gigantic user base and hundreds of forums for Tesla.

I understand it’s about the engine. What I don’t understand is whether they are the actual engine model names or if they are just ‘nicknames’. A google search on 980 or 990 doesn’t really give me anything useful, especially in China where there’s a gigantic user base and hundreds of forums for Tesla.

They’ll be part numbers.

They’ll be part numbers.

I had a chat with a friend who is the executive of one of the biggest third party Tesla modification shop in China last night. He said he was not aware of any noticeable differences between the old and new engines.

I had a chat with a friend who is the executive of one of the biggest third party Tesla modification shop in China last night. He said he was not aware of any noticeable differences between the old and new engines.

But he wouldn’t know anything about the motors would he???? All the mod shops in the world will do everything and anything, but I doubt they’d even look at A. The Battery & B. The Motors.

• Advertisement

But he wouldn’t know anything about the motors would he???? All the mod shops in the world will do everything and anything, but I doubt they’d even look at A. The Battery & B. The Motors.

They have a lot of experiences in batteries (many other electric cars in China offer battery swap or rental schemes and they helped design some of the swap scheme ideas). I doubt they know motors though, but again all I am saying is that it wasn’t a discussion point in China.

Is there a big difference between the two versions?

It’s generally never a discussion point until issues arise with one or the other….

I don’t k is if there any differences between the 2, but I guarantee if an issue pops up with one or the other, people will be aware of which one to look out for, especially when Model 3’s start flooding the 2nd hand market……

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

New maps for 2021 are finally on the way apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

They’ll be part numbers.

This.

Its the shortened version of the part number eg 1120980-00-C

img_20181110_130639-jpg.366064

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mobyduck

jhegarty wrote: »
    New maps for 2021 are finally on the way apparently.

Yeah Navigation Data EU-2021.8-12875 downloaded to my M3 last night. Have not had a chance to drive around today to see what changes there are to maps of my area.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭StephenRy30

Does anyone have a tesla model 3 ?
    What are the pros & cons about it what other electric cars are worth looking at?

What bhp is the tesla model 3 would it actually be faster then most cars ?

What are the pros & cons about it what other electric cars are worth looking at?

I have one. It's the long range performance model. BHP is around 450 and yes it is faster than most cars. There's no gearbox so the power is instant. 0 - 100kmh in approx 3.3 seconds!!

I have it a few weeks now and I have to say I would find it difficult to go back to a combustion engine.

Go on to YouTube and look for the carwow drag race between a model 3 performance, an Audi RS4 and a BMW M3. Look at the race from 50mph where each driver just puts the boot down. That will give you an idea of what the difference in acceleration between electric and petrol is!!

Which model are you looking at?

SR+
    LR
    P

All 3 have different characteristics and different performance levels.

Pros:
    - even the standard range car is faster than most cars on the street these days, leaving alone the long range and performance. Acceleration is super fast yet very smooth. I also find their sales and aftersales services much more easygoing than others in the branch. You can book service appointments in your app and select a time slot that suits you, or they may come to your home/office to fix things for you onsite.

Cons: price. And don’t use their trade-in services.

They just restarted touchless test drives recently. You can book an appointment online within minutes to schedule for a test drive.

• Advertisement

mfceiling wrote: »
    I have one. It's the long range performance model. BHP is around 450 and yes it is faster than most cars. There's no gearbox so the power is instant. 0 - 100kmh in approx 3.3 seconds!!

I have it a few weeks now and I have to say I would find it difficult to go back to a combustion engine.

Go on to YouTube and look for the carwow drag race between a model 3 performance, an Audi RS4 and a BMW M3. Look at the race from 50mph where each driver just puts the boot down. That will give you an idea of what the difference in acceleration between electric and petrol is!!

How much is the finance on it or did you pay out straight.
    Just watched them wow impressive.

Which model are you looking at?

SR+
    LR
    P

All 3 have different characteristics and different performance levels.

Probably the LR is it through to replace the hubcaps its €600 plus vat per cap ? Why would they not put alloys on for the price of the car.

Probably the LR is it through to replace the hubcaps its €600 plus vat per cap ? Why would they not put alloys on for the price of the car.

The hub caps cover alloy wheels….

You can drive with or without the hubcaps on….. the hubcaps give an additional 5% of range…..

How much is the finance on it or did you pay out straight.
    Just watched them wow impressive.

Mine was 6 months old and I traded a diesel A7 against it.

That’s BS Pub talk!

mfceiling wrote: »
    Mine was 6 months old and I traded a diesel A7 against it.

Did you get much off it with the A7 there lovely

Did you get much off it with the A7 there lovely

It was a 2019 A7 moving to a 2020 Tesla. I had to put a few bob to it.
    Interior isn't a patch on the Audi but I'd sooner drive the Tesla than get behind an oil burner again!!

How old is everyone here ? Just curious would yous ever go back to a desiel engine or something vintage? I know electric cars are the future but there are some cars you just love.

I was chatting to a friend and he got his BMW 3 Series 330 F30 E SE remaped to 400bhp

How old is everyone here ? Just curious would yous ever go back to a desiel engine or something vintage? I know electric cars are the future but there are some cars you just love.

I was chatting to a friend and he got his BMW 3 Series 330 F30 E SE remaped to 400bhp

I still have my e90 320d M-Sport, and I still love it, it’s only weakness is it’s 163hp tractor engine….. besides that, it’s one of the best handling saloon cars I’ve ever driven (and considered by those in the know to be one of the best handling saloons ever made).

Apart from handling, the Model 3 beats it in every other category. That’s not to say the Model 3 doesn’t handle well, but coming from an e90 M-Sport, it’s an extremely high bar to live up to.
    I’ll keep it as a second car for the next few years at least, and will most likely look to convert it to electric when the time is right…. If I could get 100-150km electric range from it, I’d keep it for years and years….

It hurts though paying €710 per year to tax it when it does less than 400-500km per year!!!

It was the 1st ICE car I ever bought, and will also be the last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭TylerRyan28

How much would a tesla cost in 3 or 4 years time i would say you would get a great deal.

If I went electric I would have to get a BMW I8 before changing over its up there on my list of realistic cars to own

Advertisement