Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

How old is everyone here ? Just curious would yous ever go back to a desiel engine or something vintage? I know electric cars are the future but there are some cars you just love.

I was chatting to a friend and he got his BMW 3 Series 330 F30 E SE remaped to 400bhp

I still have an F10 MSport 520d too. I only drive it when I have to. Herself drives it daily.

I wouldn’t go back on a full time basis. My friends still have GTi’s, Golf R’s etc but I’ve been there, some that.

Only one way for me and going forward.

How much would a tesla cost in 3 or 4 years time i would say you would get a great deal.

If I went electric I would have to get a BMW I8 before changing over its up there on my list of realistic cars to own

Have a look at current 3/4 year old Tesla’s to get a price idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Gumbo wrote: »
    I still have an F10 MSport 520d too. I only drive it when I have to. Herself drives it daily.

I wouldn’t go back on a full time basis. My friends still have GTi’s, Golf R’s etc but I’ve been there, some that.

Only one way for me and going forward.

Wife has an 840d BMW. It's a quick motor no doubt but with electric the power is instant....there is zero lag. Foot goes down and you're gone!!

Mind you the interior and build quality of the beemer is sublime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Only diesels I've driven had Leyland, David Brown and Massey Ferguson badges. An EV car is a bit of a step up. Though not so good at pulling a trailer of bales.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭TylerRyan28

Have a look at current 3/4 year old Tesla’s to get a price idea.

Do you all buy your tesla out straight or through finance? has anyone thought about leasing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

How old is everyone here ? Just curious would yous ever go back to a desiel engine or something vintage? I know electric cars are the future but there are some cars you just love.

I’m 47, drive the 28 kWh Ioniq, wife and I are thinking of replacing her Toyota Auris with a second EV because she drives mine all the time.

I couldn’t see a situation in which I’d go back to another fossil burner. I’d have to be getting it for free, or as a rental car!

Do you all buy your tesla out straight or through finance? has anyone thought about leasing?

I’ve bought all my cars straight out. Tesla aren’t special so the same applies.
    You buy in whatever way suits you, not other posters. That goes for a Tesla or a new micra.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Someone I know is looking at getting a new Audi TT ( undecided if quattro or not )

Got me wondering what y'all would consider the pros & cons of M3 Vs TT to be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

0lddog wrote: »
    Someone I know is looking at getting a new Audi TT ( undecided if quattro or not )

M3: more fun at legal speeds, nicer to drive slowly, smoothness and efficiency of one pedal driving, much better infotainment, much nicer to "camp" in
    TT: better fit and finish, no range anxiety, slow and boring

I don't think fuel costs are particularly relevant for people spending 50k+ on a car.

Lumen wrote: »
    I don't think fuel costs are particularly relevant for people spending 50k+ on a car.
    +1

Also, I doubt that 5k - 10k one way or the other will make much odds to the decision.

Reluctant to say anything about it to them but cant help thinking a M3 LR would be way ahead of a TT

• Advertisement

Different cars to be honest.
    If I was out looking at a TT, an M3P wouldn’t even enter the mind.

What does your friend need in the car?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Reluctant to say anything about it to them but cant help thinking a M3 LR would be way ahead of a TT

Light years ahead.

RuJYgPu.gif?noredirect

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

IMO it's a waste of time trying to explain the electric driving experience. Better to just book a test drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭TylerRyan28

I’ve bought all my cars straight out. Tesla aren’t special so the same applies.
    You buy in whatever way suits you, not other posters. That goes for a Tesla or a new micra.

Fair play ah I know telas aren't special I would chose a BMW i8 if I get the chance maybe in few years time but tesla would the way to go for me and alot of other my age in the future. Maybe in my 30s

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭StephenRy30

Well lads I had the chance to test drive a tesla model 3 today my cousin had it rented out for 24 hours went down the County and came back up today so I jumped the at chance to bring it for a test drive . I just have to say
    Wow... Amazing speed so so quick taking off, seats are unbelievable comfy. Starting it and locking it with your phone is a cool touch doors open with a press of a button .

They need to work on there interior, has anyone done anything to there tesla to make it look better new alloys or snytlike that? Would love to see a different one to make it stand out from the rest.

I'm definitely going to be renting one out myself in June Bank holiday weekend going to see family so will be a good chance to see what its like for a few days , online at the moment looking at booking it does anyone have any recommendations of the best place to get one ?

Fair play ah I know telas aren't special I would chose a BMW i8 if I get the chance maybe in few years time but tesla would the way to go for me and alot of other my age in the future. Maybe in my 30s

I don’t like the i8 for some reason. Just doesn’t do it for me.

Well lads I had the chance to test drive a tesla model 3 today my cousin had it rented out for 24 hours went down the County and came back up today so I jumped the at chance to bring it for a test drive . I just have to say
    Wow... Amazing speed so so quick taking off, seats are unbelievable comfy. Starting it and locking it with your phone is a cool touch doors open with a press of a button .

They need to work on there interior, has anyone done anything to there tesla to make it look better new alloys or snytlike that? Would love to see a different one to make it stand out from the rest.

I'm definitely going to be renting one out myself in June Bank holiday weekend going to see family so will be a good chance to see what its like for a few days , online at the moment looking at booking it does anyone have any recommendations of the best place to get one ?

What version of 3 was it?
    If it was rented from UFO?

Different cars to be honest.
    If I was out looking at a TT, an M3P wouldn’t even enter the mind...

Thats interesting - how would you see the two ?
    ...What does your friend need in the car?

I guess the lady wants something neat and reliable. Wouldnt put up many miles. Would be replacing a TT that she has had for over 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

The interior on the latest Model 3s is excellent in my opinion. The wood on the door cards and updated center console looks great.

Thats interesting - how would you see the two ?

I guess the lady wants something neat and reliable. Wouldnt put up many miles. Would be replacing a TT that she has had for over 10 years.

Ones a 2 door sports coupe with half decent performance depending on what trim you go for. The other is a fast saloon.

I had the older TT (180bhp version). Great car, lovely torquey engine so I imagine the newer ones are just as good or better.

The M3P is faster, but you have 4 doors and a realistic rear row of seats.

• Advertisement

What version of 3 was it?
    If it was rented from UFO?

Yeah they got it from UFO . Going by motor check
    It was Tesla Model 3 3stdbb1n 4DR Auto, 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭td2008

Test drive booked for the weekend :)
    loop through the wicklow mountains/m50 probably the best? They mentioned you'd have 40 minutes

td2008 wrote: »

Referral code sent..... (not really, but when you do order, use someones referral...)

Would UFO be the best to get a tesla rented ? I'm looking to rent one out in June while I go down the country to visit family .

Looking at the model 3 would you recommend a certain model ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

td2008 wrote: »
    loop through the wicklow mountains/m50 probably the best? They mentioned you'd have 40 minutes

If it was me I would probably take the M50 down as far as Kilmacanogue, then go up the Rocky Valley and take right for back road into Enniskerry. Then through the Scalp back to Tesla. Some nice testing roads. Might be pushing the 40 mins a little if get stuck anywhere in traffic...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Would UFO be the best to get a tesla rented ? I'm looking to rent one out in June while I go down the country to visit family .

Longest range possible would be the Long Range, enjoy as much as possible would be the Performance model....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Looks like they only have the SR+

€336 from Friday 4th - Monday 7th June, driver must be 30+, and that includes €1,000 excess.

Can get it for €291 but you're liable for the full cost of the car if anything happens!! :(:(:(
    (and remember they'll see everywhere the car goes, and how quick it gets there ;) )

Looks like they only have the SR+

€336 from Friday 4th - Monday 7th June, driver must be 30+, and that includes €1,000 excess.

Can get it for €291 but you're liable for the full cost of the car if anything happens!! :(:(:(
    (and remember they'll see everywhere the car goes, and how quick it gets there ;) )

Just gone 30 so that's coverd haha. My cousin got it for just over 200 they got in delivered and collected so was a bit more . They didn't get the insurance think it was €50 a day .

They didn't get the insurance think it was €50 a day .

for €15 per day, I'd take the €1,000 excess, otherwise you're looking at €50k+ to replace it if you bin it, and bear in mind it's (even the SR+) an incredibly powerful car...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Absolutely, pay that extra €15 :)

Advertisement