Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

innrain wrote: »
    Mine came yesterday with manufacture date March 31st and it is E5D which should be LG if I'm not mistaken.

The guy from Tesla who delivered the car was actually from the Belfast store called to help with the deliveries because how busy they are. He hinted of a new store opening soon. We chatted about the supercharger here in Sandyford and he mentioned that they have to build of a substation in order to have the required power.

I wonder if you're stuck are the Destination Chargers in Sandyford available for an out of hours quickie?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Is it just me or does anyone else have Bluetooth issues? I'd say 50% of the time the car doesn't automatically connect to Bluetooth while I'm in the car, and opening the car doors with the phone in my pocket is hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Matqo wrote: »
    Thanks for that, would it be too much to ask for a screenshot? ��
    I have tried but the lighting in my car park in sh$it. With the first chance, pretty sure missus will want a trip to Kildare tomorrow and I'll check the J14 as well.

slave1 wrote: »
    I wonder if you're stuck are the Destination Chargers in Sandyford available for an out of hours quickie?
    Don't think so but don't know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips! Any recommendations on places that give better valuations in the dublin area?

I sold my Merc to this guy before buying my Tesla:

https://usedcarbuyer.ie/

His name is Eoghan, was great to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I have tried but the lighting in my car park in sh$it. With the first chance, pretty sure missus will want a trip to Kildare tomorrow and I'll check the J14 as well.

If your stopping off at J14 can you take a photo of the eCars 8 car hub site? It’s been months since the last photo on PlugShare was uploaded of the ground works being done…. So would expect a bit of progress..

Matqo wrote: »
    Thanks for that, would it be too much to ask for a screenshot? ��
    Here they are

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Here they are

Not shítting on your new car but Tesla have made a balls of that wood carrying into the door.
    Rsymons on YouTube fit the alcantara kit in place of the wood and it looks 100 times better.
    Congrats on the motor btw!!

mfceiling wrote: »
    Not shítting on your new car but Tesla have made a balls of that wood carrying into the door.
    Rsymons on YouTube fit the alcantara kit in place of the wood and it looks 100 times better.
    Congrats on the motor btw!!
    Thanks. Honestly that wood insert matters the least to me. Never had an eye for this sort of things. More keen to find a way to extract data from the car. Did anybody here used Tronity?

Managed to try the autosteer and must say it was a different experience from the drive test. Yesterday on M50 it did the job brilliantly. Less traffic being Friday. Today I used it all the way to Kildare. Very nice. I can't explain why I could get it work in the same way during the driving test. Coming back got bored of not doing anything and disabled it. Managed a 13.5 kW/100km which is not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

cannco253 wrote: »
    So what's the view on Tesla releasing the driver monitoring system with the cabin facing camera? I'm not sure how keen I'd be for Tesla to be able to see what's going on inside my car, even if it's for autopilot or FSD. I wonder how many new owners will be aware of this. Is it on by default or do you have to activate it yourself?

If privacy is a concern you could always get a simple webcam cover used for laptops like this one on Amazon.
    Aph2016 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else have Bluetooth issues? I'd say 50% of the time the car doesn't automatically connect to Bluetooth while I'm in the car, and opening the car doors with the phone in my pocket is hit and miss.

I'd say it's more than likely you - or more specifically your phone. What model is it and how old? Have a trawl through these threads on the Tesla Motors Club forum.
    Thanks. Honestly that wood insert matters the least to me. Never had an eye for this sort of things. More keen to find a way to extract data from the car. Did anybody here used Tronity?

Firstly congrats on the car!

Before you decide to give your credentials into a 3rd party app/service, you should be aware of potential security (and warranty) issues with such. Telsa's collect huge amounts of data which in itself is a bit disturbing (including things like the contacts in your phone). I'm not saying don't do it, because there is a gold mine of data. Rather just make an informed decision. This thread in the Tesla Motors Club forum covers this off pretty well. Was enough to put me off personally but each to their own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

Did a fairly big drive today and auto steer was randomly cutting out at various times throughout the day, and then remained unavailable before becoming available again…. On and off all bloody day…

I had my first 100km motorway drive today and experienced the same issue. Auto piloting at 120 kmh and there was a slow car (circa 75kmh) ahead. The full beam just came on suddenly and autopilot got disengaged. A message was displayed on the screen saying autopilot is not available and remained like that for the next 5 minutes…

The whole motorway was quite empty with good visibility. Can’t think of any reason that it needs to flash the car in front or disable the autopilot for 5 min.

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Test drove a model 3 down the M50, up to Dun Laoighre and back and honestly left deflated. I had constant autopilot issues where it would repeatedly disengage on roads it should be well able for. Car is lovely inside, performance was great (if a little too fast off the line for my liking even in chill mode) and it felt great to drive but I ended up not putting a deposit down. Auto-lane change didn’t work either, nor parking assist (despite being enabled on the car and finding chances for it to work like I’ve seen online.

Maybe it was an issue with the test drive car but I walked away with my deposit staying in my wallet for now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Test drove a model 3 down the M50, up to Dun Laoighre and back and honestly left deflated. I had constant autopilot issues where it would repeatedly disengage on roads it should be well able for. Car is lovely inside, performance was great (if a little too fast off the line for my liking even in chill mode) and it felt great to drive but I ended up not putting a deposit down. Auto-lane change didn’t work either, nor parking assist (despite being enabled on the car and finding chances for it to work like I’ve seen online.

Maybe it was an issue with the test drive car but I walked away with my deposit staying in my wallet for now.

If your dead serious on one, I’d address those issues when sales give you the follow up email and try arrange a further test drive. Hopefully in a different car. It may have been on strike or something that day as the 161 loner MS I had last week done all what you mentioned without issues.

I’m actually a long time FSD non believer but I had AP1 for a month and actually started to come around to it.

There are certain sections on the M50 at sandyford and around it that it doesn’t work though for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Thanks Gumbo! I’ll see what they come back with. They were piling on the pressure with the SEAI grant ending for long range models to order this weekend so it would likely pass. I mentioned it to the rep in store but no mention in his follow up mail.

Hearing that AP is dodgy on random bits of the M50 is still concerning. I have an early E-Niro and it’s honestly been bulletproof with LKA, LFA and Smart Cruise Control anywhere I’ve driven it.

At this rate I might hold on and see what the Model Y and a few more AP updates might do unless Tesla can tell me there was something up with the Test Drive car (was a 211 M3 LR)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I had an eejit in Drogheda today. Driving up my arse through the town and generally being a bit of a dick. At a set of lights he tore up alongside me (in the left lane where you turn left to go into the scotch hall car park). I knew what he was at when I looked across and he was revving the life out of it and was transfixed on the lights.
    Unfortunately for him I completely rinsed him when the light went green!!
    Sorry Mr Accord diesel!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

mfceiling wrote: »
    Unfortunately for him I completely rinsed him when the light went green!!
    Sorry Mr Accord diesel!!

Another one educated….

Hearing that AP is dodgy on random bits of the M50 is still concerning. I have an early E-Niro and it’s honestly been bulletproof with LKA, LFA and Smart Cruise Control anywhere I’ve driven it.

At this rate I might hold on and see what the Model Y and a few more AP updates might do unless Tesla can tell me there was something up with the Test Drive car (was a 211 M3 LR)
    I have 15,000km on the clock since December thanks to work and for me AP is an absolute godsend. A test drive on the M50 does not do the M3 justice.

E-Niro is probably a fab, comfortable daily driver round the city. But I would suggest you need to do a test drive on a nice flowing country road with plenty of bends to truly appreciate the M3 driving experience.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭sk8board

Another one educated….

Educated in what though ....:)

doing a big pull away from the lights is ALWAYS perceived to be behaving like a d|ck.
    All you did was stooped to the other clowns level and someone watching just thought ‘some guy in a Tesla behaving like a d|ck’.

faster cars always make you look like a d|ck when you give it the beans unfortunately, ice or ev.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I sold my Merc to this guy before buying my Tesla:

https://usedcarbuyer.ie/

His name is Eoghan, was great to deal with.
    Heads up, they offered me 23k for my model S which sold privately a few days later for just under 40.

AVOID if you want a real valuation imo.

I don't think the drive test does justice. As I said few pages ago I had similar experience during the drive test and I knew is something off. For the last few days I tested the autopilot and it is spot on. Today drove from exit 15 to exit 3 on M50 with no issue and managed a 12 kWh/100km which is woaw.

Regarding acceleration I don't feel in any way uncomfortable. I come from Kona for which I had to master the acceleration to avoid wheel spin. Didn't try the chill yet didn't feel the need. With the Kona I drive in standard mode with regen 1 and does not stop as Tesla. So that is different in the driving style. But I must say I like to one pedal thing.

With the Tesla I have some issues with the infotainment which I would like it a bit more customizable something that android auto is very good at.

• Advertisement

wassie wrote: »
    Firstly congrats on the car!

Before you decide to give your credentials into a 3rd party app/service, you should be aware of potential security (and warranty) issues with such. Telsa's collect huge amounts of data which in itself is a bit disturbing (including things like the contacts in your phone). I'm not saying don't do it, because there is a gold mine of data. Rather just make an informed decision. This thread in the Tesla Motors Club forum covers this off pretty well. Was enough to put me off personally but each to their own.
    Thank you. To be honest the request of sharing the credentials kinda shocked me. It also did the how casually others are seeing it. Not saying they have a disingenuous purpose but you never know when and how they might get hacked. The last events speak for themselves.

I wish Tesla had the ODBC port as the other manufacturers. This closed environment pushed me away from iOS when a good alternative appeared so I hope it won't be the case here. I'll be looking into getting the harness with the ODBC at some point. For example it bugs me this display of units either in km either in % of battery. If I choose to show me the range in km, when I charge it displays in km/h which is a nice have but I need to see if it is 7kW or 11kW (i.e. is the 3phase working?). I can do the conversion alright but why should I. The reverse if I choose energy units, while driving it tells me I have 20% left, which I should work out if I reach or not the destination. Maybe I have another drive planned today and the car does not know about it cause I can't add multiple destinations. These are some few issues I found with the infotainment in the few days I drove the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

There is no 'sharing' of credentials whatsoever. All third-party tools log in through Tesla SSO. I don't know if that thread was making a valid point 2 years ago, but it certainly isn't now.

An Single Sign On (SSO) service is safer (and you have one less password to remember) as the SP (Service Provider - in this case the third-party tool) just requests the IdP (Identity Provider - in this case Tesla) to authenticate you. All authentications are done on the Tesla website, instead of the third-party's website. You should be able to verify this by looking at the website address that you were logging in to - it should be auth.tesla.com.

SSO is good for everyone. For you, it is one less password that you have to remember, and you are able to revoke third-party's access any time. For the third-party, they don't have to store your credentials, thereby one less security risk to think about. SSO along with MFA (multi factor authentication) is considered the most secure way in your daily surfing on the internet.

The only privacy related question you want to ask is, do you really trust the third party to have *all* of your driving history (although they are just driving data like the distance of your drive and how much of battery it used. It won't pass private information like your home address etc to the third party).

Tesla needs to learn from Facebook etc where each third-party has to request exactly what they want to get from you, and you can make an informed decision yourself. Tesla doesn't have this yet. Once you authenticated, they will have access to *all* of your driving history.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I wish Tesla had the ODBC port as the other manufacturers...

They do, most Teslas have two ODBC.
    The first is easy access but provides little more than continious power.
    The second one is a Tesla proprietary CANBUS and a tenner on AliExpress will get you a converter so you can see all the Tesla details via Scanmytesla.
    You'll need to look up location online depending on model as they are in various places, for you I'd say at the rear of the centre arm rest console, for me it's under the MCU screen

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

On the MS, you pop out the bottom Centre tray/console and the plug connector is just there as per what slave says above.

In model 3 there is not. You need to get an adapter which have to install in along the Telsa's communication line and trust the workmanship of the cable does not affect the said communication.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/CAN-BUS-Adapter-Scan-Tesla-Model/dp/B08TW3RSQW?th=1
    Bjorn has a video about it as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7NJIkOirVE

Sam W wrote: »
    There is no 'sharing' of credentials whatsoever. All third-party tools log in through Tesla SSO. I don't know if that thread was making a valid point 2 years ago, but it certainly isn't now.

An Single Sign On (SSO) service is safer (and you have one less password to remember) as the SP (Service Provider - in this case the third-party tool) just requests the IdP (Identity Provider - in this case Tesla) to authenticate you. All authentications are done on the Tesla website, instead of the third-party's website. You should be able to verify this by looking at the website address that you were logging in to - it should be auth.tesla.com.

SSO is good for everyone. For you, it is one less password that you have to remember, and you are able to revoke third-party's access any time. For the third-party, they don't have to store your credentials, thereby one less security risk to think about. SSO along with MFA (multi factor authentication) is considered the most secure way in your daily surfing on the internet.

You raise good points and I thought along similar lines to this. However after reading of the actual technical trust details in that thread I posted I was quite disturbed.

Even if you change your credentials you are most likely not secure. The anology best given is to treat your digital keys like your physical ones - best not shared. YMMV
    The only privacy related question you want to ask is, do you really trust the third party to have *all* of your driving history (although they are just driving data like the distance of your drive and how much of battery it used. It won't pass private information like your home address etc to the third party).

Tesla needs to learn from Facebook etc where each third-party has to request exactly what they want to get from you, and you can make an informed decision yourself. Tesla doesn't have this yet. Once you authenticated, they will have access to *all* of your driving history.
    Might want to check on that again. If you grant access to your phone, what data are they hoovering up from that? Firstly all of your contacts are off to Tesla - thats a given, but what else. Their Privacy Policy wont give you much comfort and they have run foul of EU regulators before. These are the compromises we make in driving these great rides.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

ELM327 wrote: »
    Heads up, they offered me 23k for my model S which sold privately a few days later for just under 40.

AVOID if you want a real valuation imo.

Wow totally different experience to me so! I guess everyone’s mileage may vary depending on the car being sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Wow totally different experience to me so! I guess everyone’s mileage may vary depending on the car being sold.

Hope Elm meant Tesla?

I used Eoghan only for an old car very fair indeed but would not be used for anything that has value

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes, I specified model S and from that link that was posted. Not Tesla trade in (which was equally ridiculous).
    Not like i'm pie in the sky about my price either, I had lots of interest and sold in a week at asking. Which was nearly double eoghan's valuation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Quick question, would the model 3 sr+ be affected by the changes in the seai grant ect.. that is coming in on july 1st?

Advertisement