Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Nope, it's only the long range & performance that's impacted at the moment as it's base price pre grant is > 60k

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Nope, it's only the long range & performance that's impacted at the moment as it's base price pre grant is > 60k

If you add a few options you'll get over €60K though. Metallic, the nicer wheels and autopilot I'd imagine are all popular options?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If you add a few options you'll get over €60K though. Metallic, the nicer wheels and autopilot I'd imagine are all popular options?
    Nope. Max you can go is 58k unless you add the full self driving at the time of purchase but I presume they will explain that you don't have to.

innrain wrote: »
    Nope. Max you can go is 58k unless you add the full self driving at the time of purchase but I presume they will explain that you don't have to.

It's coming up at €60,875 on the website for an SR+ with blue metallic, 19" wheels and enhanced autopilot (this isn't full self driving is it?).

I was looking at it yesterday because my brother was saying he's half thinking of putting in an order.

Do not buy FSD or Enhanced Auto pilot at time of purchase. It means extra VRT as the value of the car is higher. Buy it after you purchase the car.

• Advertisement

I was looking at it yesterday because my brother was saying he's half thinking of putting in an order.

Make sure he uses a referral at time of purchase to get 1500km free supercharging ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

It's coming up at €60,875 on the website for an SR+ with blue metallic, 19" wheels and enhanced autopilot (this isn't full self driving is it?).

As Innrain and Nedved85 suggested, if you select this option at time of car purchase ,then you will pay additional VRT.

Auto Pilot (AP) comes as standard. Enhanced Auto Pilot (EAP) and Full Self Driving (FSD) can be simply purchased as software upgrades after purchase. The M3 already has this capability, its just disabled unless purchased as an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Currently have a Ioniq 28, great car and never let me down and plenty of features. might be changing next January, just looking at the options (ioniq 5 looks nice as well) !

Sorry, the same concept. These are option which can be unlocked later on.

I was checking on their website and it seems they've updated the delivery estimates: August for Model 3 and end of 2022 for S&X :eek:. They have also taken out the grant in calculations even for 3SR+.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Moreilly wrote: »
    Currently have a Ioniq 28, great car and never let me down and plenty of features. might be changing next January, just looking at the options (ioniq 5 looks nice as well) !

I went from an Ioniq (stolen) to Model 3 and you wouldn't regret the move! Love the Tesla, have had zero issues since I got it 16months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

25 days to go until our delivery day. Our matched car is a MIC one, and based on the anecdotes on the Internet it will have the somewhat lacking LG 75 kWh battery pack instead of the larger and faster charging Panasonic one. Not that it will *really* matter as the jump from L40 will be mahoosive, and its range has been enough for us, but poor form all the same.

The process is moving fast on the delivery front as it will be only 5-6 weeks from the order until the expected delivery date, and just in time to boost the Tesla Q2 numbers. If we were to order today it would be a 3 month wait instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭sk8board

sh81722 wrote: »
    25 days to go until our delivery day.
    The process is moving fast on the delivery front as it will be only 5-6 weeks from the order until the expected delivery date, and just in time to boost the Tesla Q2 numbers. If we were to order today it would be a 3 month wait instead.

They’re pushing as many deliveries as they can in Ireland into June - the price goes up in July and I imagine they won’t deliver again until Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

Anyone got a comparison of costs for buying private vs buying through a PLC company?

iknorr wrote: »
    Anyone got a comparison of costs for buying private vs buying through a PLC company?

Don't know what you mean. There is no grant for company bought EVs.
    So if the car qualifies for grant as private owner commercial is 5k more expensive. No charts needed. I'm I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

Don't know what you mean. There is no grant for company bought EVs.
    So if the car qualifies for grant as private owner commercial is 5k more expensive. No charts needed. I'm I missing something?

THeres a bit more to it than that. BIK, Vat deductions etc. Over 4 years theres a bit of a difference. I saw an excel sheet on here last year ( cant find it now) where someone calculated out all the costs involved for the options.

I wonder if it has been updated for the new configuration options and vat terms.

iknorr wrote: »
    THeres a bit more to it than that. BIK, Vat deductions etc. Over 4 years theres a bit of a difference. I saw an excel sheet on here last year ( cant find it now) where someone calculated out all the costs involved for the options.

I wonder if it has been updated for the new configuration options and vat terms.
    BIK exemption is gone in 1817 months. If we speak about Tesla my opinion is that VAT is not claimable (Partial recovery of VAT on qualifying passenger motor vehicles). There is ACCA left which can reduce the tax bill in the year of purchase and that is pretty much all. I didn't see any spreadsheet around here but I may be wrong.

Impressed with the TM3 efficiency.
    Here I got 12.8kWh/100km on about 90% M50 and the rest city drive. For what is worth I think is less efficient on the city drive as Kona. When I got off the M50 it was @ 12.3 kWh/100km and it increased due to time spent @ traffic lights.
    555512.png
    too bad I can't properly log data.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Impressed with the TM3 efficiency.

Beat this :pac:.

yzdoGdc.jpg

Apologies for the reflections :o.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Here's mine:

image.png

Kramer wrote: »
    Beat this :pac:.

Apologies for the reflections :o.

Coming down from Mount Everest SuC? :D

• Advertisement

Coming down from Mount Everest SuC? :D

Something like that :cool:.

Happened upon a V3 SuC & happened to have a nicely warmed battery, at an ideal SoC, with free credits to use, so I plugged her in..........

SR+

czgzlGZ.jpg

Went from 10-30% in under 5 minutes, 167kW peak :eek:.

Got the first 100% charge today after nearly 3 weeks with the car and 2000 km driven. This is the new LR "limited" battery with 580km advertised. @ 100% was still drawing 3kW and was saying 30 mins left but I had to stop.

555893.png
    If I change the display units from energy to km it shows 544 km. Bit confusing when looking at the energy app. How is the 544 is determined? I don't understand the Instant Energy prediction as well.
    Charging @ Ionity I got 153kW @21% and from around 24% started to decrease down to around 50kW @80% when I said there is no point to charge there being to "slow" for the price. Average charging speed 80kW for 21% - 84% SoC

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The 544 is a guess based on what the car thinks is available..

The 30 minutes remaining and still pulling 3kW is the pack just balancing and finishing the charge, so you didn’t actually charge to 100%.. you’d only be at 100% if you’d let it finish, you would have been in or around 98-99% at that stage.

The projected range (showing 609km) is the most accurate range prediction, but it’s only based on your last 50/25/10km of driving…

Got the first 100% charge today after nearly 3 weeks with the car and 2000 km driven.

That's good going :).

If I change the display units from energy to km it shows 544 km. Bit confusing when looking at the energy app. How is the 544 is determined?

Tesla use a term called "rated range". It's determined by the available energy divided by a fixed consumption (Wh/km). AFAIK they don't publicize these figures & they apply a time/age factor too. As with everything Tesla, they have to be different!

As already said, the energy consumption pages on the car's screen are more akin to other manufacturers' "GOM" guesstimates, based on prior consumption over the previous 10/25/50km.

I'll be seeing you at a SuC someday given the mileage you're covering & well wear :).

Kramer wrote: »
    Tesla use a term called "rated range". It's determined by the available energy divided by a fixed consumption (Wh/km). AFAIK they don't publicize these figures & they apply a time/age factor too. As with everything Tesla, they have to be different!

As already said, the energy consumption pages on the car's screen are more akin to other manufacturers' "GOM" guesstimates, based on prior consumption over the previous 10/25/50km.

I'll be seeing you at a SuC someday given the mileage you're covering & well wear :).

I'm not sure I'd like this. To be honest I was expecting a bit more openness if such a word exists. For example in Kona you can display an estimated charging time for DC & AC depending of the max SoC set for each. You have a journal of trips for the last xx days. I imagine TM3 has enough computing power to have such options. Pulling a magic number is a bit ...

I'm not sure I'd like this. To be honest I was expecting a bit more openness if such a word exists.

There's certainly plenty of scope to improve how "range" is calculated.
    Our Model 3 SR+ had a WLTP range of 409km IIRC.
    Tesla showed it as 370km when new (again, IIRC).
    After a week of continuous high speed motorway driving for example, Tesla would still show it as 370km, where 250km would be more accurate.

As you said & in fairness, they do show projected ranges in another screen, GOM style.

Again, to be fair to Tesla, they are always pretty spot on with remaining energy when using the onboard navigation & streets ahead of the competition in many regards, superchargers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mikeysculpts

Right. Model 3 is expensive. At least for a fool like me. Is there a way to nake the damn thing affordable?

I'm self employed and currently have no company car.

I know there is a grant and what not but in reality is it going to be a 50kcar no matter what? Or can it feep like spending 30k?

Right. Model 3 is expensive. At least for a fool like me. Is there a way to nake the damn thing affordable?

Not that I'm aware of & as it's selling so well & other EVs are moving well up in price (& still selling very well), I can't see many bargains appearing in the near future.

You can have mine, a year old SR+, barely driven in, low mileage.........good price :pac:.

Could you reclaim some VAT or expense it someway? Gain some tax credit of some kind, depending on your profession? I know an electrician in the UK uses one as his work vehicle.

I'm self employed and currently have no company car.

I know there is a grant and what not but in reality is it going to be a 50kcar no matter what? Or can it feep like spending 30k?

If you're a taxi man you can get an additional grant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Advertisement