Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Kramer wrote: »
    Is your car an SR+?
    37kWh in 45 minutes is possible on a 50kW charger (unusual though in a Model 3 IMO - you'd be maxing it at 125 amps @ 400v for the entire time & the Model 3's battery charges from approx. 350v at the low end to 400v, full, with lower voltages for the new battery chemistry SR+ cars).

A LR could take 37kWhs in 45 minutes too at a 50kW charger, but that wouldn't equate to a 40% charge either, i.e. 27% to 67%.

Maybe someone else is familiar with that charger & it's a HPC?

I got 37kWh with the Kona in 45 mins. I know the charger @ Templeville triple unit limited in power (if someone plugs on AC side the DC drops to 25kW) I've yet to charge the LR (blue :P) at the ESB triples.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

TitianGerm wrote: »
    No he won't.

You can claim capital allowances up to €24,000 on cars. The €24,000 reduces your taxable income not your actual tax.

ok so 24k write off/down?

How does this work. Im currently thinking of buying through my company.

Is it that 24k gets taken off my company tax bill at the end of the tax year or is it 24k is taken off my personal tax return?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

innrain wrote: »
    I think MightyMunster speaks from the owner perspective and not the employee. and there is no BIK for the next 17 months if new <50k pre grants. The window closes on this though as 17 months go fast and your facing a 20+% of the said value as BIK for every year of use
    As an rough example EV price 50k. BIK lets say 20% -> 10k on top of your personal annual income that could get you a tax bill of 4k per year. There are benefits though so is up to you if it's worth it.

If i buy the car now then in 17 months will i have to start paying bik each year or will i still be exempt?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

37kWh sounds right for 45 mins the problem is you're missing some 20%. hmm. Never happened to me before. Any other car plugged on AC?

Nobody charging there except me. It's a 2020 long range performance model 3.

Maybe it's the maximum amount I could have taken on. Not great if I'm going to be relying on public charging. Considering I'm moving further away from there and the nearest charging points are 22kw ones. I'll be sitting there to Christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

I got 37kWh with the Kona in 45 mins. I know the charger @ Templeville triple unit limited in power (if someone plugs on AC side the DC drops to 25kW) I've yet to charge the LR (blue :P) at the ESB triples.

:D.

Just checked my eCars app & the SR+ has been pretty consistent, taking 31/32kWh in 44 minutes, averaging 42kW & usually charging from 20% to 80%.

Whatever accounts for the 37kWhs /40% for mfceiling, it's still very reasonable @ just €0.305/kWh. It's only going one way & it's a bargain compared to Ionity :eek:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

mfceiling wrote: »
    Nobody charging there except me. It's a 2020 long range performance model 3.

That would mostly explain it. Assuming an approx 80kWh battery, 40% would be 32kWh. Maybe some losses, maybe the HVAC was using some energy etc. 37kWh seems a tad high but nothing I'd question.

Close to 200kms for little over €11 in a €70k, 450hp+/AWD performance car ain't too expensive until you have access to cheap, night rate home charging.

Well wear :).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Kramer wrote: »
    That would mostly explain it. Assuming an approx 80kWh battery, 40% would be 32kWh. Maybe some losses, maybe the HVAC was using some energy etc. 37kWh seems a tad high but nothing I'd question.

Close to 200kms for little over €11 in a €70k, 450hp+/AWD performance car ain't too expensive until you have access to cheap, night rate home charging.

Well wear :).

I've got home charging at the minute but as I've "moaned" on here before I'm moving to a house with street parking. Not going to install a home charger for the next person to use!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

iknorr wrote: »
    If i buy the car now then in 17 months will i have to start paying bik each year or will i still be exempt?

You have to pay BIK now on anything over the first 50,000. SR+ is around 53/54 for this calculation.
    Currently you'll have to pay BIK from January 2023 on the full value, disaster if this happens :(

Should really talk to your accountant about it.
    The big advantage is your company pays for the car from pre tax income.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭ferg01

All,

Apologies if this has been asked already (I've been reading through previous threads and can't find an answer) but if you move to night rates, can you set a start time and the end time for charging either via the Tesla app or on the charger itself?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

ferg01 wrote: »
    All,

Apologies if this has been asked already (I've been reading through previous threads and can't find an answer) but if you move to night rates, can you set a start time and the end time for charging either via the Tesla app or on the charger itself?

Thanks in advance

You can set up a start time OR an end time, but not both. You could set your charge limit to charge to a certain percentage so that it would start at 12am and end before the night rate ends.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

also, you can only set the timer from within the car itself, and not via the app.

However, If plugged in, you can start/stop the car charging at any time from the app (just not set teh scheduled charge timer).

example: My car is set to start charging at 3am if it's plugged in. I plugged in one evening about 10pm with the car only at 12%, and it was very cold out, so from the app, I started it charging, and stopped it about an hour later when the battery was at around 25%... then at 3am, the car started charging again as scheduled up to th e80% I had it set to charge to...

You can adjust the amount the car charges to from anywhere between 50% & 100% from the app though.. (for me, during the week it's set at 80%, and over the weekend I set to 90%)

One less thing to worry about for MIC SR+ is that you can always charge it up to 100% (and you should at least once a week). If you charge it when you still have 25% battery, you should be able to finish a full charge within the night hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭ferg01

Spot on - thanks both.

I’m looking to buy some car wash kit with the prime day deal. Anyone has any suggestion what I should buy as a minimum? There are so many different liquids that I got completely confused.

And any must-have accessories? like foam guns, sponge, buckets and microfibres cloth?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Sam W wrote: »
    I’m looking to buy some car wash kit with the prime day deal. Anyone has any suggestion what I should buy as a minimum? There are so many different liquids that I got completely confused.

And any must-have accessories? like foam guns, sponge, buckets and microfibres cloth?

Good advice here....https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1602

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What’s your current set up?

I’ll assume you have a power washer.

Snow foam Lance.
    Snow foam.

Bucket and shampoo.

Wash mitts (lambs wool, not sponges).

Drying towels.

Do you want to wax/polish or just spray on seal?
    Do you want to decontaminate too such as tar remover and iron X etc?

Autoglym have good offers in the prime day sale so you won’t go too far wrong with them.

I have their rapid detailer, window cleaner amongst a few others.

Other than that there’s other products I use buy from reflect Autocare in blanch or wash me or OCD detailing.

Thanks everyone!
    Gumbo wrote: »
    What’s your current set up?

I’ll assume you have a power washer.

Snow foam Lance.
    Snow foam.

Bucket and shampoo.

Wash mitts (lambs wool, not sponges).

Drying towels.

Do you want to wax/polish or just spray on seal?
    Do you want to decontaminate too such as tar remover and iron X etc?

I have absolutely nothing at the moment :P Never bothered doing car wash myself as I used to have just 1 car and I just drop it in a shopping centre to get it washed.

I'm only doing it now as we now have 2 new cars and there's a construction site just beside us, bringing way too much dust every day.

I just want the basic wash when they become too dusty after a week or two. I may still bring them in for the wax/polish etc.

Thanks everyone!

I have absolutely nothing at the moment :P Never bothered doing car wash myself as I used to have just 1 car and I just drop it in a shopping centre to get it washed.

I'm only doing it now as we now have 2 new cars and there's a construction site just beside us, bringing way too much dust every day.

I just want the basic wash when they become too dusty after a week or two. I may still bring them in for the wax/polish etc.

Ok so.
    Construction site and dust /debris.

You need this removed BEFORE you start rubbing the paint switch the wash mitt etc.

Me personally I’d hose it down, the. Use snow foam to loosen the dust so it falls down. Then hose again.

After that you can use the mitt and shampoo to wash.

Then use the drying towel and a spray on quick detailer which will help dry it easier and leave a layer of gloss and protection which in turn helps stop dust sticking in the first place :)

• Advertisement

That’s very helpful. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Just did a drive in my M3 2020 SR+ from Gizycko in Northern Poland to Dusseldorf on the weekend :) (1400km)

Have to say between the SC Network and the Rapid Chargers it went pretty smooth.

Stopped off in Gdansk and Szczecin on Friday and Saturday night to break up the trip.

If you are going to Poland at some point Maingau now has roaming with Greenway, works without any issues (Also ordered a Greenway card but didnt use it as Maingau is cheaper)

Also, one thing that would be a nice benefit is having a charger thats capable of three phase, the charger that comes with the M3 can only do single, which means you are stuck with 230V 16amps max, did me fine for an overnight charge on a wall socket but the extra bump would be nice.

In Poland most underground car parks will have a few Three Phase points.

Does anyone have recommendations for a charger, I found this one from EV Kings, has a tesla button for locking/unlocking the charging port:

https://www.evchargeking.com/en/e-tap-11kw-mobile-charger-for-tesla

redcup342 wrote: »
    Also, one thing that would be a nice benefit is having a charger thats capable of three phase, the charger that comes with the M3 can only do single, which means you are stuck with 230V 16amps max, did me fine for an overnight charge on a wall socket but the extra bump would be nice.

You can get 7.4kW phase from the UMC if you use a 32A commando plug with it..... so at least you can matter your home charging rate...

Does anyone have recommendations for a charger, I found this one from EV Kings, has a tesla button for locking/unlocking the charging port:

https://www.evchargeking.com/en/e-tap-11kw-mobile-charger-for-tesla

The official Tesla one (11kW) is €649

https://shop.tesla.com/en_ie/product/corded-mobile-connector

You can get 7.4kW phase from the UMC if you use a 32A commando plug with it..... so at least you can matter your home charging rate...

I haven't seen single phase 32A anywhere on the continent so far in a Public Car park or Hotel, only three phase 16A.

I popped into Teslaparts in Posnan and he said Tesla don't sell the 16A three phase anymore, he recons Tesla thought it was eating into their fixed box sales as many people were just going for a three phase socket install rather than getting a charging box.

He was selling repaired ones for around 400 euros though (Apparently one phase can fail on them) , 90 day warranty tho so didn't go for it.

I popped into Teslaparts in Posnan and he said Tesla don't sell the 16A three phase anymore, he recons Tesla thought it was eating into their fixed box sales as many people were just going for a three phase socket install rather than getting a charging box.

That doesn't make sense as the home charger is €530, and the corded mobile connector is €649... so you'd think they'd rather sell them as opposed to the Wall Connector

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

That reminded me. Probably I'd never use it but just out of curiosity. The tail end of the granny charger supplied (the 3 pin side) seems interchangeable. How is that secured?

That reminded me. Probably I'd never use it but just out of curiosity. The tail end of the granny charger supplied (the 3 pin side) seems interchangeable. How is that secured?

Probably just a good snug fit...

I've yet to use mine, though I did have a look at it when we got the car....

Just with pressure, you can unplug it from the mobile charger and replace it with a 16 amp or 32 amp commando plug.

• Advertisement

Just with pressure, you can unplug it from the mobile charger and replace it with a 16 amp or 32 amp commando plug.

The parts that fit together are an interference fit, and as they are plastic/hard rubber, when firmly pressed in place, they lock against each other, and it'd be enough to hold the weight of teh UMC & some of its cable... It's a fairly beefy connection between the UMC and its various plug adaptors.

schuko-gen2.jpg
    uk-gen2.jpg
    G2EV1450P-24-4_NW_1200x1200.jpg?v=1573144385

Advertisement