Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Sam W wrote: »
    I had a crack last year with my old car and my insurer Zurich just took care of it. I think I just contacted Autoglass and they came to my home to get the windscreen replaced. They then make the claim with Zurich, so I don’t have to contact Zurich at all.

There is an excess of 30 euro to replace the windscreen, and no excess if it can be repaired without replacing it.

I've read that autopilot needs to be recalibrated after this, do you know if autoglass did this also?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

jusmeig wrote: »
    I've read that autopilot needs to be recalibrated after this, do you know if autoglass did this also?

I wasn’t driving a Tesla at the time.

If you have a 2020 or 2021 model 3, you can recalibrate sensors by yourself. There is a calibration button under the services menu.

I wasn’t driving a Tesla at the time.

If you have a 2020 or 2021 model 3, you can recalibrate sensors by yourself. There is a calibration button under the services menu.

Nice1 I'll call the insurance so.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

jusmeig wrote: »

Usually AG will arrange for the glass to be done in the SC and get the camera calibration done at the same time there.

Gumbo wrote: »
    Usually AG will arrange for the glass to be done in the SC and get the camera calibration done at the same time there.

Yup waiting on a callback from AG, they need to check with supplier so im assuming its gonna happen as u say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

Lads, I have been bitten by the Tesla bug. I test drove the Model 3 long-range a few days ago. I was blown away by the performance and handling. I NEED one in my life but unfortunately I'm not in a position to buy one just yet. Why is it that Tesla doesn't offer PCP in Ireland, yet seems to be offered in every other European country?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

I'm afraid I cant answer your question - maybe tweet Elon, although pretty sure he will have no idea what PCP is.

But yes...you do need one to make your life complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Neworder79

Lads, I have been bitten by the Tesla bug. I test drove the Model 3 long-range a few days ago. I was blown away by the performance and handling. I NEED one in my life but unfortunately I'm not in a position to buy one just yet. Why is it that Tesla doesn't offer PCP in Ireland, yet seems to be offered in every other European country?

Looked into PCP with a Dublin garage on a second hand M3, it cost more than a new Tesla hire purchase...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Returned yesterday from a trip to Kerry in M3LR similar to one I posted last year with the Kona
    this year used Dublin-Birdhill-Killarney going there and for return Killarney-Ballacolla-Dublin.

I could have gone either of the legs with a full charge but found with the kids it is easier to split. The hotel had chargers 2/3 working 3pahse. Couldn't get really fast charging speeds @SuC as both times arrived there at around 50%. On the return leg I forgot to set the charging limit @ 90% and by the time I chatted with Tesla rangers and ate something the car was fully charged. Wife wanted the traditional Kildare Village stop and even though it was for "only" 40 mins battery was back @90% so we arrived home @78% which is pretty nuts. So not really thinking where to charge but charging when having a chance was more than good enough. The drive better than Kona, quieter although on rough tarmac @120+km/h could be quite loud. Found it better on ACC than autopilot as my passengers were bit stressed every time I had to engage and disengage autopilot. Anyway ACC is good enough as it keeps me more engaged in the driving.
    Driving stats
    557193.png
    I can't believe it took only 15.2 kWh/100km as compared with 17 with the Kona last year. Really impressed. Total cost 20ish.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

In this weather all EV start excelling in kWh/100kms, hotter the better, Tesla batteries like the heat, I charged at Ballacolla yesterday and even though outside temp was 24 the battery pack went into preconditioning mode. Fans on the Model S don't kick in to cool the battery until 45 degrees I think

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

So I finally got all the car wash kit delivered from Amazon.

30-metre garden hose - 15 quids
    Foam gun - 21 quids
    5L snow foam - 14 quids
    Mitt x 2 - 9 quids
    Drying towel x 2 - 8 quids
    1L Shampoo x 2 - 13 quids
    Meguiar’s bucket and grit guard x 2 - 33 quids

Total 113 quids or 130 eur and I’m expecting to be able to have at least 40-50 washes for our 2 cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Total 113 quids or 130 eur and I’m expecting to be able to have at least 40-50 washes for our 2 cars.

Great stuff.

Mrs. Kramer did ours yesterday........power washed it & all, so she did.

giphy.gif

:D.

I'd recommend some quick detailer - helps dry it off, prevents water spots & affords some extra protection.
    Makes quite a difference in my experience & makes it easier clean next time etc.

Yeah I kinda understand once you are into this whole thing, you will find more and more liquids that your car would love ;)

We went to Halfords last weekend and jeez there were so many different liquids.

30-metre garden hose - 15 quids
    Foam gun - 21 quids
    5L snow foam - 14 quids
    Mitt x 2 - 9 quids
    Drying towel x 2 - 8 quids
    1L Shampoo x 2 - 13 quids
    Meguiar’s bucket and grit guard x 2 - 33 quids

I use pretty much the same kit, but added:

Extra bucket and brush for the wheels.
    No surprise the wheels are fairly filthy, so I do the 4 wheels first using a separate brush and mitt, and rinse them in bucket number 3.

That way when you start the car panels u are not rinsing it into "wheel dirt".
    After I have washed the whole car, I tend to use a detailer anyway for the bonet as the finish is far better than the max/shampoo alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

The wheels are the best part of cleaning a Tesla with regen set to aggressive. So little brake dust!

I'm looking at detailer and wax at the moment.
    So after rinsing the shampoo and wiping with a cloth, do I spray detailer first, and then wipe it dry again, and then spray wax, and wipe again? Should they all need different cloths?

So after rinsing the shampoo and wiping with a cloth, do I spray detailer first, and then wipe it dry again, and then spray wax, and wipe again? Should they all need different cloths?

The wax I use is in the shampoo, it's Meguiars wax/shampoo. I towel dry, then use the detailer. U can go mad with detailers and get a wax/ceramic based one. I got my car ceramic coated, so it never gets really filthy. So a decent mitt wash is enough with detailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Anyone replaced the wipers? They seem a bit useless to put it mildly. Nor halfords nor micks have something compatible. On the other cars I used aerotwins and very happy with.

I'll assume you have washed correctly.
    Use a good drying towel for drying the excess water from the car and glass. Something like this - https://www.reflectautocare.ie/CarPro-DHydrate-Drying-Towel?search=drying%20towel

The Quick Detailer and Spray Wax are kind the same thing. They both add a light layer of protection and give you that hydrophobic water beading action.

You don't need both. The Ceramic Quick Detailers have a bit more longevity in them, something like Maguires Hybrid Ceramic Quick Detailer.

I personally use P&S Beadmaker - https://www.reflectautocare.ie/index.php?route=product/product&path=188&product_id=982

So once you have dried the car, spray it panel by panel. you can buff it in gently with a wax pad and then buff out with a goof Micro Fibre Towel. The first use is where you want a good coat of it. Then the next time you wash the car, you can actually spray it on while the car is wet and use the towel to dry it and the QD/P&S will act as a drying aid while also topping gup the previous layer.

P&S doesnt last as long as other QD's, but my good it works better and provides a lot more gloss!

From what I have read there, detailer can get rid of light dust and provide short term shiny look & very little protection, while wax provides a long term shiny look and better protection, but the car must be completely clean before applying it.

I think I’m going for a detailer for now and see how it goes.

• Advertisement

From what I have read there, detailer can get rid of light dust and provide short term shiny look & very little protection, while wax provides a long term shiny look and better protection, but the car must be completely clean before applying it.

I think I’m going for a detailer for now and see how it goes.

You don’t want any dust on the car at all while applying any of those spray products. You’ll just be rubbing the dust into the paint!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

The only thing I don't like at all on the TM3 are the wipers: the auto mode never seem to stop regardless of the lack of rain and they go at full tilt with even a hint of rain drops.

I'm constantly switching them on and off using the voice commands or the shorcut. I'm thinking there is actually something wrong here. Anybody else battling with these compared to say Nissan Leaf auto mode? It just worked on our two previous cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

sh81722 wrote: »
    The only thing I don't like at all on the TM3 are the wipers: the auto mode never seem to stop regardless of the lack of rain and they go at full tilt with even a hint of rain drops.

You're not alone. The auto sensing wiper function is pretty poor on the Model 3, but many say it's just a characteristic & grand :pac:.
    Have you driven in the dark yet? Tried the auto dimming headlights?
    Pretty poor too :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Kramer wrote: »
    You're not alone. The auto sensing wiper function is pretty poor on the Model 3, but many say it's just a characteristic & grand :pac:.
    Have you driven in the dark yet? Tried the auto dimming headlights?
    Pretty poor too :eek:.

Yes, the auto dim had issues alright. Just have to go back to manual operation for the two for time being. Who knows, perhaps Elon will eventually get them right with the future updates?

But what a car this is otherwise. Steers like a go-kart and ready to take on anything the West can throw at it with a great real life range also.

Both the light sensor and wiper sensor are ****e. I just turn them off for most of the time, especially during summer.

I kinda get why the light sensor is so sensitive though. We were driving on M50 at around 8-9pm last week. The sunlight is still ample. We have headlights turned off and engaged AutoPilot.

All of a sudden there is a very loud warning sound coming from the car and the AP gets disengaged. Scared the **** out of my missus. After that, I couldn't turn AP back on at all for the remainder of the drive.

I talked to the service guys the next day and was told that AP is primarily dependent on *very good* lightings. Therefore, the headlight has to be either turned on all the time, or in auto mode so the car always has the perfect vision. Even if it's just a split second driving under a building shade, the car would know that the vision is not perfect and would turn on headlight. I guess it's the same reason for wipers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Have to schedule a service for mine now, had the car washed during the week and opened the front trunk yesterday to find it was full of water. On an 18 month old car... not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,170 ✭✭✭pad199207

Have to schedule a service for mine now, had the car washed during the week and opened the front trunk yesterday to find it was full of water. On an 18 month old car... not impressed.

Jesus!

Jeez… what kind of wash did you do? Those automatic rollers, a manual wash, or did you wash it yourself?

I had my car washed at Jervis shopping centre while I was doing shopping a couple of months ago. When I came back I found that the frunk wasn’t closed fully. They might have accidentally opened it and either didn’t notice it at all or just didn’t press hard enough to close it.

Auto wash. Had noticed some water in there prior to that but I keep walking boots in there that are often muddy and wet when I put them in so I put it down to that intially, definitely looks like some kind of leak now.

• Advertisement

I scheduled a repair there, they're going to come out to me thankfully but I'll be waiting 10 days. I used to live within walking distance of the service centre but it's a bit more of a pain in the ass to get to now.

Advertisement