Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Kramer wrote: »
    Dude, we're in Ireland. We've got ECars :D.
    3 or possibly 4, 75kW (x2), hubs :rolleyes:.

Ionity is the gold standard here (not counting Tesla SuCs, of course) :D.

cjAdBkR.jpg

That'd be grand in an E-Tron 50, stopping at 150kW Ionity multicharger sites.

I've done that trip in an E-Tron ;)

The Ionity Stations are just not as reliable, granted when it doesn't work and you spend 20 minutes on the phone waiting to get through they will start the session and it will be for free.

I'd go for EnBW and Fastned over Ionity, It's all marketing hype, they are just standard rapid chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Looking at model 3 online how is 35000 in us and 47000 in Ireland standard. I was thinking it was do able to get one but looks like no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Yes you should, I use it all the time, and just use teh Tesla account (I've never had a personal spotify account)

did you previously use your own account in the Model 3? if there some sort of cache that needs to be cleared after logging out??

cheers Andy, just wasnt sure if i was supposed to be able to use the tesla account in the 3.

yah i was logged in with my own account ebfore, ill have another look.

cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,106 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Looking at model 3 online how is 35000 in us and 47000 in Ireland standard. I was thinking it was do able to get one but looks like no.

In the US the SR+ is $38k (€32k) but that's excluding local taxes, plus the Irish models have US-EU import duty, shipping costs, VAT, VRT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭nc6000

Have you factored in your fuel savings? I've used their calculator and it reckons I would save up to 7K over 5 years.

• Advertisement

nc6000 wrote: »
    Have you factored in your fuel savings? I've used their calculator and it reckons I would save up to 7K over 5 years.

lol that still doesn't take away from the fact we're screwed in this country with Extortion taxes.

lol that still doesn't take away from the fact we're screwed in this country with Extortion taxes.

I never said we weren't being screwed with taxes. My point is the Model 3 may seem expensive but when you factor in the fuel savings it brings down the TCO.

I did a fairly detailed comparison myself between how much the Model 3 and a new Peugeot 508 would cost and the difference only ended up being about €500 when I factored in fuel savings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,649 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I've driven my Model 3 15,000km since getting it, and have put about €115 of my own money (home charging) into it in that time.

In my BMW 320d, that same 15,000km would have cost me around €1,250 in diesel (assuming €1.20 per litre), and by now would also be due an oil change (which I do myself, but still costs around €45 in oil & oil filter).

So the cost of driving a Model 3 for that 15,000km is 8.9% of the cost of doing the same milage in my diesel BMW. (and thats before we even talk about the tax issue (€710 in the BMW compared to €120 in the EV)).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Kramer wrote: »
    Careful now, you'll upset all the Tesla fanboys :D.

How long have you had your Model 3? Did you luck out & get the new model with heat pump, electric boot, acoustic glass etc.?

I'm a fanboy and I agree. On anything other than a well marked motorway its garbage.

Lumen wrote: »
    In the US the SR+ is $38k (€32k) but that's excluding local taxes, plus the Irish models have US-EU import duty, shipping costs, VAT, VRT.

I wonder will the VRT vanish in February from Teslas

• Advertisement

I wonder will the VRT vanish in February from Teslas

That's interesting - why would the VRT vanish?

Edit : Just looked it up and I see new VRT rates are due next year and also changes to the relief for EVs.

https://www.vrt.ie/faq/budget-2021-vehicle-registration-tax/

nc6000 wrote: »
    That's interesting - why would the VRT vanish?

Edit : Just looked it up and I see new VRT rates are due next year and also changes to the relief for EVs.

https://www.vrt.ie/faq/budget-2021-vehicle-registration-tax/

Ok not vanish but not what its like now. The other thing Ive noticed is Teslas won't be able to take advantage of the full €5000 once VAT and whatever VRT is added.

Question is the 5000 grant click in before or after VAT and VRT are added

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Just got my date. December 4th here I come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

I just got the same txt. 4th of December. I told them when I ordered it was for a 2021 .
    Don't know bwhat to do now ?

Gonna message them and see how long into 2021 it will be and also try and confirm if it's 2021 is it the new vat / incentives rules or old

J-W wrote: »
    I just got the same txt. 4th of December. I told them when I ordered it was for a 2021 .

Gonna message them and see how long into 2021 it will be and also try and confirm if it's 2021 is it the new vat / incentives rules or old

Unless they have a leftover car at the end of the year you will be looking at early March. Cars ship in the 1st month of the quarter for delivery in the 3rd month.

jhegarty wrote: »
    Unless they have a leftover car at the end of the year you will be looking at early March.

If that's the case I might see ya in person on the 4th

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I ordered in July specifically for as early into 2021 as possible. Haven't received a text for delivery in December.

The only way you could get one early Jan is if someone rejects taking one and it goes to the next person (or something like that).

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

Or if you have e.g. the 4th of December as a firm date and ask them to hold it for you for 4 weeks - and they are willing to, if you pay all the money by the 4th they should be fine with that and working out the VRT etc. later if you get delivery in 2021 I would hope.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

EVGuy wrote: »
    Or if you have e.g. the 4th of December as a firm date and ask them to hold it for you for 4 weeks - and they are willing to, if you pay all the money by the 4th they should be fine with that and working out the VRT etc. later if you get delivery in 2021 I would hope.

Whilst I would prefer a 211 plate at that stage, I've set myself a pretty strict savings target that bring me into Jan. Need that December paycheck :)

I'm actually not too bothered about bthe plate . It just seemed the natural thing to do since I was ordering so late in the year anyway.

My only concern is getting a fully Refresh version not a half and half left overs from 2020 model . What do ye think. Is every car after that 5th of October date the same spec ( for awhile anyway)

• Advertisement

I'm actually not too bothered about bthe plate . It just seemed the natural thing to do since I was ordering so late in the year anyway.

My only concern is getting a fully Refresh version not a half and half left overs from 2020 model . What do ye think. Is every car after that 5th of October date the same spec ( for awhile anyway)

Check your vin for the year flag. I have confirmed mine is one.

Where ? . In the booking invoice.
    Mine is still blank . Perhaps it doesn't populate until I accept the delivery date.

Mine is still blank . Perhaps it doesn't populate until I accept the delivery date.

If you go to your Tesla home page, and search the source code, you should find your VIN...

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/reveal-your-vin-before-it-appears-on-your-account.154122/

Needs Google Chrome of Safari

It's on the Booking Invoice on page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

I'd like to downgrade to maybe an i3, what did anyone else selling their Model 3 do? Ask for a value from Tesla first?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bobjs

Just ordered today! Can’t get an answer on eta. Website says Feb delivery but spoke to someone in Tesla UK and they said all UK orders will be in before end of Dec - a lot of shipments on the way and all refreshed models. However as Sandyford is closed she couldn’t confirm for here. Does anyone know if the Irish shipments follow on after landing in the UK?

All European RHD Model 3’s land in Zeebrugge, and then get shipped to Southampton. From there they are distributed to all the mainland U.K. locations as well as Dublin & Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bobjs

Great! There are 4 shipments arriving into Southampton between Nov 13th and the end of the month.

Bobjs wrote: »
    Just ordered today! Can’t get an answer on eta. Website says Feb delivery but spoke to someone in Tesla UK and they said all UK orders will be in before end of Dec - a lot of shipments on the way and all refreshed models. However as Sandyford is closed she couldn’t confirm for here. Does anyone know if the Irish shipments follow on after landing in the UK?

All depends if there is unallocated car that match your requirements on the incoming ships.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

As in arrivals on the 04/12 will get a 2021 plate?

Advertisement