Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

It's probably not a failed item to be fair...more like some of those clown feeted kids of mine getting in and kicking it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭sk8board

as expected, with the push in May/June ahead of the price hike, and the next deliveries due later this month, there were literally zero new Tesla registrations in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

All delivered and sold for end of quarter, nothing new there! Should be another spike in September 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

All delivered and sold for end of quarter, nothing new there! Should be another spike in September 🙂

No 100% true here as cars registered 1st July onwards have the newer reg plate. It's unlikely someone collecting in June wouldn't wait a few days to get the newer plate. I know we didn't last year & took delivery on July 2nd for the 202 reg.

The thing is the €5k SEAI grant on LRs & Performance models should still have applied, even in July, as long as the order was placed before June 30th.

A performance with FSD is now over €80k!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

But sure no one is adding FSD to the order, just paying it after delivery to avoid the VRT

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

People still are ordering with EAP or FSD at time of order…. As they simply don’t know otherwise….

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Agreed, been asked about free SuC so many times at SuC last month or so by new 3 owners and they knew nothing about referrals even

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Up to now, the man-math almost made sense for the M3P (bmw M3 buyers etc etc), but its now getting silly versus the LR - at a time where there’s an ever-growing list of excellent/bigger/far cheaper family EV options, for buyers who need something with 350-400km of range 99% of the time.

just a thought but, I wonder have VW sold more ID4’s here since March than Tesla’s entire volume ever? It must be close anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

VW have registered 1,133 ID4 this year (951 ID3). Tesla have 586 M3 (4 MS and 1 MX) in 2021 and 449 (9 MS and 19 MX) in 2020 so a total of 1,035 M3 or 1,068 total.

Edit: I went back further now.

There was also 38 MS and 22 MX in 2019, 72 MS and 29 MX in 2018, 5 MS in 2017, 6 MS in 2016, 2 MS in 2015.

I'd imagine the ones before 2017/2018 would all be second hand imports and a good few of the more recentMS and MX would be as well assuming the Beep Beep figures isn't just brand new cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

• Advertisement

Actually, looking at the beepbeep stats from the other thread, 0 Teslas, as said, for July. That can't be right? Not a single person buying a Model 3 SR+ in June waited to register it on a 212 plate?

Does anyone here know anyone in that situation?

They all wanted them ASAP, staycation!

So, Tesla just listed several inventory Model 3s - they're on the boat & would be available for delivery soon!

Don't forget to use someone's referral so you (& they) benefit from the 1500km free supercharging. Handy now there's a new location in Cork & more due soon in Galway & Kerry!

PM me if you'd like to use mine ☺️.

Not an anhangerkupplung (tow bar) amongst them!

Couple of the white ones have tow hitches

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LarryBarry

How does one enter in these referral codes I don’t recall seeing the option upon the initial order process… is it too late for me now to apply somebodies referral code? Currently at the stage of finance approval which should be sorted this week

Design Your Model 3 | Tesla

This red P is what I'd have, if none can have a towbar, but the new price increases are ridiculous. 70k plus is too expensive for a mid level sedan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

You get a link which you use at the beginning of the ordering process. You can't add it at a later stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

You have to buy using the link rather than going straight to the website. Lots of people caught out by expecting to add a code or something at the end of the purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Got the 2021.12.25.7 update at the weekend, finally updated my 2019 maps to 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭MarkN

Absolutely fantastic.

Got the switch on my car fixed this morning. Seriously sound guy from Tesla had it done in 5 mins.

Chatted for a good half an hour with him. Said he's not happy with the opening of the network. Not only will it affect him trying to charge his own car while out on call but he reckons the "etiquette" will go out the window and it will be a free for all with people parking and not plugging in or people just sitting there trying to get to 100%.

His point as has been made in here, was that a lot of Tesla owners buy them because of the supercharger network and when you take that option away then you will see people looking at other manufacturers.

Totally agree, but it's happening, disaster for Tesla IMHO

I wonder will they make it expensive for other manufacturers? Still don't believe it will put people off as they'll happily pay to get moving.

Just think it will be a fcuking joke when you rock up to a TESLA supercharger and you are queuing behind Kia's, Hyundai's, Audi's and everything else in between!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Normally the folk at Tesla seem to have eye firmly on the ball compared to the competitors and they have gained a lot of expertise in running a successful charging network since 2012.

I'm sure there is a plan in place to ensure the SuC experience will continue to be 1st class for both Tesla drivers and for the other drivers. The positive experience with Tesla charging your Mercedes better than Mercedes themselves surely had potential of turning other drivers future Tesla drivers. A bad experience in an overcrowded Tesla station would do the opposite and I doubt this is the master plan here. Proper Tesla charging hubs for Ireland and smaller sites in the West all funded by drivers of other makes of cars sounds potentially like a winner to me.

Let's wait for the details before worrying about this opening the network too much.

I don't know if the Tesla network being so easy to use would encourage other drivers to buy Tesla's tbh.

I know a good few people who don't like the look of them but are big BMW/Audi fans. They'll be laughing when they can just rock up at any Tesla charger and plug in without an issue. Musk's decision has just made life easier for non Tesla drivers.

I see what you're saying, but electricity is just a commodity - having the Tesla charging network satisfy my (probably once in a while) supercharging requirement, wouldn't mean I'm more drawn to Tesla as a car.

the pricing of the model 3 is now so off the wall, and with the Tesla-only buyers/fans here in ireland already getting their deliveries, Tesla will be a rare/niche model here for the foreseeable future.

it’s great news for residuals if you own a pre July model 3 :)

Post edited by sk8board on

musk says they’ll have cars rolling out of Berlin “in October”. he didn’t say which year, of course :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Bored1

Hi Guys, would one of you mind sending me a referral code please, hoping to place an order later today if I can convince the other half its a good idea!

Advertisement