Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

I don't dwell to much on the estimated range. I drive about 100 km a day and I know it is about 20%. 10% each way to/from work. In the beginning maybe but now % display is enough for me. Drove from Kilkenny home yesterday started 85% checked the energy app the estimated arrival 49%. I actually got with 52% in spite of the miserable weather. Did some run arounds in the evening got in the car this morning 45%. Went to work M50 quite slow got here 37%. I could get home easily and I have another drive this evening of about another 100km to Tayto park and back, which could get in but then I would be below 5% so I would charge before that.

Engineers for Renault say the new Megane e-Tech will have a real world range of 300km motorway 130kmph so it looks like the megane is the nearest competitor on the horizon so long as you aren't interested in traffic light sprints.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

2019 M3P, 471km estimated at 100%

20k km on the clock

I think the estimated range in Teslas is always rated range, based on a fixed energy usage, and not dependent on driving style. A quick Google search finds 166 wh/km WLTP, sounds about right, would mean I have 78kwh rated battery?

The projected range on the trip screen is based off the actual energy usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Stopped in mahon point today. Peaked at 166 kw , not too shoddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

I'd be the same - best tip I was given early on was to switch from projected range to % remaining.

I'd be a big fan of using the trip energy meter on longer runs as I find its deadly accurate and you can see how much driving style affects performance. If I start dipping below projected 5% at my destination, I simply ease the foot back of the pedal and you can claw back precious percentage points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Anyone having trouble with Spotify? A good few times now nothing comes on the screen only at the top with the song name.

If you quickly press the radio button and back to Spotify it sometimes comes on.

Today I pressed radio then Spotify. Now it's playing a song on Spotify but showing the radio channels.

Is there a way to give it a reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

Have you tried resetting the main screen - i.e. Press and hold both scroll wheels on either side of the steering wheel for up to 10 seconds and the main screen will reboot. I find this often fixes glitches that develop sometimes - had to do it last week to sort a bluetooth issue.

Also do other people share your Spotify account? I thought I had issues with it when I first got the M3 as Spotify would randomly cut out - until the penny dropped and I realised that this happened when my kids started using it at home it would stop playing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I'll try that!! I have a family Spotify account but it's never affected the car. The odd time at work I've been listening to music or a podcast and fecking Taylor swift has come on. Stupid teenage daughters!!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

I always find it weird to have to reset it occasionally to get certain unexplained bugs fixed to be honest. Not the best intuitive way. Would have preferred something like an automatic reboot at the end of day, or at least a proper restart button.

My valet mode disappeared a while ago and I couldn’t figure out where to access it. I never had to use it before so I just thought I was not looking at the right place. It wasn’t after I came home and watched a few YouTube videos to realise that I was looking at the place and it simply disappeared. A reboot worked.

Btw, since last upgrade, the sentry mode seems to be a lot more sensitive. Not sure if it's just my car or if it happens to other people.

Whenever I go to Dundrum shopping centre I always park at one of the free charging spot. Usually there're a dozen alerts at most when it's busy. Last two times there were like 40-50 on a weekday morning. It seems to flash at every single car driving past it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruaneg

anybody have a referral codes?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Model 3 SR+ is now just called the Model 3

WLTP range is increased to 491km

0-100 time increased by half a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mobyduck

Yeah range jump from 448 to 491kms is significant and could persuade a few to save some €€€. Thought it was bumping a bit close to LR range but then saw that LR will bump from 580 to 614kms soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

I think the SR+ has lost the SR and gained a 60kWh battery...

60kWh battery with 55kWh usable.

these should now sell by the bucketload given the price difference to the LR…..

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

I wonder will the Q4 2021 delivery of SR Model 3 cars have this upgraded battery. Bit disappointed by the acceleration dropping truth be told, hopefully they bring this back down with an update

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

It's a bigger battery, surely there has to be a bit of a trade off somewhere.

Post edited by eeloe on

Seems not, just off the phone to tesla support. They've confirmed to me that anyone taking delivery in Q4 and ordered before today will gain the additional range and keep the previous 0-100 acceleration (as advertised when ordered) . Anyone taking delivery from Feb 2022 will have the extended range and the slower 0-100 time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

The acceleration loss is probably due to loss of the larger (performance) motor that was fitted on the LFP cars. It's a good way to differentiate between the SR and LR models which now again share the same rear motors as was the case before the LFP batteries were introduced.

That's what I think anyway seeing the new spec.

• Advertisement

They are reducing the acceleration time by .5 seconds so they can sell it back to you via a software upgrade later, similar to what's available on the LR currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

It remains to be seen. I still think that its cost cutting as Tesla really went to town to mitigate the expected performance hit when they introduced the heavier LFP pack by upgrading the rear motor. That actually made that SR+ variant quicker than the earlier lighter NMC SR+.

I was planning to push my delivery to Feb but with this range increase, having a trade in potentially devalue and tesla reducing the acceleration on '22 model 3 cars. I'm going to pull the trigger and enjoy my Christmas gift to myself

As pointed above though, I absolutely see Tesla offering a paid software option on the new models to increase the speed. Customer rep insisted they cant see this occurring but they would say that..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I just asked similar on the chat feature. They confirmed the extended range for Q4 alright, but thought it'd be with the slower acceleration (he wasn't 100% though). Would be delighted if the person you were speaking to is correct!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Aside from the software-limited acceleration, I think there are some nice incremental changes to the Model 3 which may put downward pressure (finally) on pre-MIC NMC SR+ models from 192 to 202 in the second hand market. On the other hand, the miniscule pool of available cars may keep it high, and push people to pay the extra 6-8k for all these incremental improvements and a new warranty and new car. Hard to justify 43/44k for a 20k km 192 SR+ versus a new model for a bit more with heat pump, 'bigger' (LFP) battery, powered tailgate, better insulated, and better fittings and build quality. I am hoping the Model Y from Germany will help decrease the price a touch in 2022/23 when I will look to swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

I got my Model 3 SR+ in Sep and a little bit miffed now I did not wait until Q4 as the extra range would have been very handy for the few longer trips that I do as there are no superchargers along any of the routes I take and I have to rely on the eCars network!

That extra 40 to 50kms would have made a difference for me on those longer trips and probably would have made the trips possible without a charge at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Given the current situation you can likely sell it for what you paid and order a new one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

I would do that but I also need a car every day so could not sell now and wait until Feb unfortunately :)

There seems to be some confusion around. On other Tesla forums I look at some people were being told different things. I ended up going onto Tesla online chat earlier and got chatting to a Dublin customer care rep. He rang off the back of this chat to discuss in more detail... They had an internal memo issued out to them earlier today which notified them of the range increase along with the new 0-100 time. The same memo also stated that any existing pending orders due for Delivery in Q4 and without a designated VIN would avail of the higher range and the existing 0-100 time of 5.6secs (not the new 6.1). Anyone with a VIN before today would avail of the SR+ specs as per the order day and anyone ordering beyond this point will recieve the extended range model with the 6.1 0-100 time. He believes Tesla will probably offer a speed boost via paid software sometime next year, like the current Long Range has.

Anyways, that's all I know for now. The rep mentioned he'd give me a call if anything changes but usually by now If there was an error on the memo it would definitely have been corrected.

Edit - just to add. The actual change seems to be a new efficient motor. It's not a battery increase. At least, this was his belief but couldn't be 100% sure as the internal memo didn't state the reason for the change

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Tesla already fast as be jazuz, I'd take the range increase thank you very much

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement