Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget 2021 Opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I highly doubt the grey tracksuits are going to be spending it in Mary’s local shop up the road. They might as well have given them JD Sports gift cards instead.

you d be surprised what people do, when given money, some will in fact head straight into the economy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

shocksy wrote: »
    Same sh!te on here every year about the people on the dole who get a Christmas bonus. Big f**king deal. They get an extra €203.00 for Christmas. So many begrudging people on boards.

You can moan about some of them are lifers on the dole bla bla bla, but regardless, they arent living a luxury lifestyle on €203.00 per week for f**ks sake. If you want your free Christmas bonus then go quit your job and see how easy it is to live on that money.

I can guarantee you that you'll be on your knees looking for your job back. Let them have their once a year bonus. I wouldn't begrudge anyone that extra little bit of money at Christmas. It goes back into the economy anyway. Some people need to get a grip on this forum, saying they're fuming and they're livid over it. How are you's not used to it by now. It's tiresome listening to the same whingy moaning posters year in, year out, get over it.

The rest of us go out and work and earn a living and get paid more money for doing that. We're not entitled to a Christmas bonus, cop on to yourselves. We work, we get paid, end of. If you don't wanna work go claim your €203.00 for f**ks sake, so you can have your yearly €203.00 bonus.

However, I'd rather work and have a better wage and not whinge about it, crying that I didn't get anything from the government. There's no income tax increase, that's a bonus in itself for the working man and woman. That's the bonus. Horrible begrudging fools on here.

Hallelujah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

blanch152 wrote: »
    One of the measures that would bring fairness to people like you is increasing LPT as only those who own property would pay it. Howver, both SF and PBP want to abolish it, yet you support them?

Didn't say I support PBP or SF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Same sh!te on here every year about the people on the dole who get a Christmas bonus. Big f**king deal. They get an extra €203.00 for Christmas. So many begrudging people on boards.

You can moan about some of them are lifers on the dole bla bla bla, but regardless, they arent living a luxury lifestyle on €203.00 per week for f**ks sake. If you want your free Christmas bonus then go quit your job and see how easy it is to live on that money.

I can guarantee you that you'll be on your knees looking for your job back. Let them have their once a year bonus. I wouldn't begrudge anyone that extra little bit of money at Christmas. It goes back into the economy anyway. Some people need to get a grip on this forum, saying they're fuming and they're livid over it. How are you's not used to it by now. It's tiresome listening to the same whingy moaning posters year in, year out, get over it.

The rest of us go out and work and earn a living and get paid more money for doing that. We're not entitled to a Christmas bonus, cop on to yourselves. We work, we get paid, end of. If you don't wanna work go claim your €203.00 for f**ks sake, so you can have your yearly €203.00 bonus.

However, I'd rather work and have a better wage and not whinge about it, crying that I didn't get anything from the government. There's no income tax increase, that's a bonus in itself for the working man and woman. That's the bonus. Horrible begrudging fools on here.

They have a lot more disposable income than someone on a low wage

...so is the problem with welfare or with income,or....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

it's my tax money that is being spent on it. I earned it and have it misappropriated by the state.

I have a pain in my hole with my taxes been spend on utter gash - this isn't the only thing, the NGO sector boils my piss.
    That money is better spent on hospitals and schools.

The staff are good but Temple Street A&E was a ****hole when I was in last few times. That is more deserving of my cash than dole bonus.

If you want to call that begrudging - fine but so what?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Then why not give €203 as a bonus to every Garda, Nurse and Teacher, surely they deserve it more and would spend it in the local economy also?

paw patrol wrote: »
    it's my tax money that is being spent on it. I earned it and have it misappropriated by the state.

I have a pain in my hole with my taxes been spend on utter gash - this isn't the only thing, the NGO sector boils my piss.

The staff are good but Temple Street A&E was a ****hole when I was in last few times. That is more deserving of my cash than dole bonus.

if you re heavily indebted and/or renting, you may find the larger proportion of your hard earned income is going towards the 'rentier class', and they aint giving you much back in return

Wanderer78 wrote: »

What

What

do you mean some on the dole have more disposable than low waged workers?

• Advertisement

Yes . For a lot rent is optional . GP visits are free . Fuel and back to school subsidies .

Low paid workers don't have this .

There is no fairness in it

Yes . For a lot rent is optional . GP visits are free . Fuel and back to school subsidies .

Low paid workers don't have this .

There is no fairness in it

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Like every budget its a welfare giveaway. This one luckily didn't shaft normal workers anymore but motorists really got the bad end of the stick.

I wish they'd cancel the dole Christmas bonus again, its the most needless awful benefit in the EU, primarily to the most undeserving (JSA recipients)

Oh i get it now. its the low paid workers own fault their incomes are low and there are probably better off not working

Like every budget its a welfare giveaway. This one luckily didn't shaft normal workers anymore but motorists really got the bad end of the stick.

I wish they'd cancel the dole Christmas bonus again, its the most needless awful benefit in the EU, primarily to the most undeserving (JSA recipients)

yup, the poor should be given rations, and laughed at as much as possible, and decreasing the money supply, thus decreasing the velocity of money is good for the economy by.....

they definitely do. A single mother on lone parents and in a council house is better off than 90% of working single mothers and almost any household with an income under 40k.

I really wish they stopped calling it a bonus. It implies you worked for something .

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Ireland has the largest proportion of cash transfers as welfare in the EU.

Other countries provide services rather than cash transfers.

One of my favourite examples is child benefit. Other countries provide free schoolbooks, free school meals, proper free education etc. We give cash in the form of child benefit, which can then be drank down the pub, injected in an ally, bet in a betting shop, spent on the skiing holiday in Italy or to buy those tickets to Cheltenham, depending on which part of society you come from, and without going directly to children. Much better to abolish child benefit and replace with direct services.

Oh i get it now. its the low paid workers own fault their incomes are low and there are probably better off not working

nope not at all, thats a political ideology default response, and its very very wrong

yup, the poor should be given rations, and laughed at as much as possible, and decreasing the money supply, thus decreasing the velocity of money is good for the economy by.....

I don't know how you got that from my post...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Thats his general gist, it would seem.

I however think any support given to long term lifers should also be given to low income families.

I don't know how you got that from my post...

...oh its very easy to...

nope not at all, thats a political ideology default response, and its very very wrong

explain how its wrong

if you re heavily indebted and/or renting, you may find the larger proportion of your hard earned income is going towards the 'rentier class', and they aint giving you much back in return

i don't understand tbh

explain how its wrong

under current predominant political and economic ideologies, one of the main defaults, when failure occurs is, 'personal responsibility', this is generally very wrong, and a rather ignorant response, failure can and does regularly occur due to multi system failure

i don't understand tbh

are you heavily indebted and/or renting?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Ireland has the largest proportion of cash transfers as welfare in the EU.

Other countries provide services rather than cash transfers.

One of my favourite examples is child benefit. Other countries provide free schoolbooks, free school meals, proper free education etc. We give cash in the form of child benefit, which can then be drank down the pub, injected in an ally, bet in a betting shop, spent on the skiing holiday in Italy or to buy those tickets to Cheltenham, depending on which part of society you come from, and without going directly to children. Much better to abolish child benefit and replace with direct services.

I've 3 kids and I'd agree with those proposals . I'd rather the items you mentioned than the 140 . I

under current predominant political and economic ideologies, one of the main defaults, when failure occurs is, 'personal responsibility', this is generally very wrong, and a rather ignorant response, failure can and does regularly occur due to multi system failure

there is absolutely no personal responsibility in Ireland, have a look at claim culture, our legal system, the welfare state. Theres always somebody else to blame when somebody doesn't have a job/ injures themselves etc...

we literally have people who blame gangland drug dealers murdering people on the fact that they didn't have a playground outside their door growing up.

there is absolutely no personal responsibility in Ireland, have a look at claim culture, our legal system, the welfare state. Theres always somebody else to blame when somebody doesn't have a job/ injures themselves etc...

we literally have people who blame gangland drug dealers murdering people on the fact that they didn't have a playground outside their door growing up.

complex social problems simply cannot be simplified

• Advertisement

Some amount of waffle

Advertisement