Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 mobile reducing Internet speed

Options
  • 13-10-2020 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am on 3pay 20. So 20 a month plus unlimited data.

When my 20 credit runs out, even for arguments sake if I'm only a week into my monthly plan, my Internet speed is reduced so much that it is rendered completely useless. Does this happen to anyone else? Basically forces me to top up earlier just so I can have Internet again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭soundman45

JANUARY30 wrote: »
    I am on 3pay 20. So 20 a month plus unlimited data.

When my 20 credit runs out, even for arguments sake if I'm only a week into my monthly plan, my Internet speed is reduced so much that it is rendered completely useless. Does this happen to anyone else? Basically forces me to top up earlier just so I can have Internet again.

Go on €30 per month bill pay, 30 day contract and unlimited calls, texts,data, problem solved, better value too if you use up 20 credit in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

IIUC, your experience is that they are throttling based on the reducing credit balance and throttling ends when you top up again.

When speed is low, is it all times of the day or does it improve between midnight and midday? If it slows down in evening then that suggests congestion rather than throttling.

If you're spending 20e on calls per week or fortnight, you might benefit from a calling app like yolla or Viber out.

How much data do you use? More than 100GB?

Advertisement