Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New price for VW ID4?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭handpref

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

It's OK, VW Ireland make it about as clear as mud. There was meant to be a choice of motor, battery, and packs. Instead, they've ended up packaging stuff together to so an ID.4 Business now may contain different equipment to one from 6 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭n.d.os

Yeah, the ID4 Business is unattainable for most people at this point. Glad I got in reasonably early.

I was thinking about changing our Audi A1 to a Q4 in January. Earlier this year I looked at a 55kw Sport 30 e-tron model. With a few exterior extras, it came in just over 53k. A few months later it was 56k. Now I'm on the website and they've discontinued the small battery at the cheapest Sport model is now just under 59k. Although I decided a few months ago to just hold onto the A1 for a while longer, that's me completely priced out of an electric Audi. Even if I can get one in early 2024, they are too expensive now for what you get. I'm really stumped about what to buy next. This is why I question all of these price hikes. The car makers are pricing the general public out of new cars. Nobody wants a basic model. If we are going to spend over 50k on a car, it needs to be worth it. Glad we got the ID4 early as the family car. It's saved my wife a fortune on running costs. I just wish we could get into another EV for our second car at this point.

Do Tesla take trade-in's and offer PCPS at this point? I didn't think I'd like the Model Y, but it's a smart-looking car. It's much bigger in person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I guess it depends on what you're looking for, the Q4 is a much bigger car, same size as an ID.4

If you're looking for something electric with shorter range to use as a second car then I'd go for the cheapest Leaf40 you can find on the second had market

Unfortunately the spec probably won't be near the A1, although it's not bad to be fair. I'd say my wife's 2016 Leaf has just about all the creature comforts you'd want for a city car

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭cannco253

They do but as you’d expect they aren’t great.

I was given a lowball trade in quote from Tesla for my ID.4 1st with 37km, cost to change was too much so didn’t bother.

If the Q4 had stayed closer to 50k for a basic model, I think I definitely would have considered one, but it looks like 60k is the new benchmark for car makers. There's a point where it just becomes unattainable. I'd like a larger car for my kids. The A1 is a bit tricky with boot space and I'm done with hatchbacks if I'm being honest. Still, the A1 is only 3 years old, it's a lovely car and it's more than adequate as a family runaround.

I never liked Teslas, but I'm really liking the model Y. Also, let's be honest here. the quality of the German stuff isn't what it used to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭staples7

I wouldn't even bother asking regards trade in. The garage I bought my ID4 have said they would buy it back (will have about 30k km's on clock by next Feb/March and will be just under the year old). They gave me an excellent trade in for previous car. However if they disappoint I will try privately. And if that doesn't go to plan ill just pull the plug on the Y. Im not changing at any cost, only if it makes sense. Willing to go 5/6k in the trade up

While im here what do people think an ID4 221 white (Only extra option was black roof) would make 77KWH 204hp. Think they are new at 53/54k at moment. In very good condition and probably still a lengthy wait time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭joe1303l

I’m guessing retail for it next March would be close to €45K, private sale or trade price of €43k. Used EV’s such as an ID.4 are getting a bit more plentiful, most main dealers now have a couple of them for sale at silly prices. While the grant is still there most folks will buy new as 211-221 cars are overpriced and some listing at more than they cost new.

Advertisement